123-124. Truth or Square

BobCarotte

meep
Nick Canada used to air the version with the Patchy segments until 2014-15, but now they air the one without them.

Ivanvladr

Floating Shopping List
I captured one from September 2011. It must have been an error because every other airing I saw was cut.

Cha

I love SBM
Merged Ivanvladr's T&S thread with this one. :)

Also, I never saw Robin Williams and extra hosts on the original T&S airing iirc. That was only on iTunes.

Ivanvladr

Floating Shopping List
They didn't make the title card music higher pitched like in hocus pocus and fungus among us.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
REALLY UNDERRATED...It is a really nice special...There are some funny moments and quotes as well...9/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This is still my most hated episode of the series, surprised so many people liked this episode... I mean I'm glad people liked it but I can't find any appeal in this thing. The Patchy segments are by far the worst thing the series has ever done. I'd rather watch "A Pal for Gary" three times before these segments. There's nothing remotely good about them. They look horrendous, there is no semblance of a story, the jokes are abysmal, the tone is off, and they're WAY too long. These segments are some of the most boring and frustrating things I've seen, it makes "SpongeBob, You're Fired" look like an exciting and creative masterpiece. And the argument that "Oh, they're SUPPOSED to be bad" isn't a good excuse. This is just being lazy and cheap. The old Patchy segments had style and used their cheapness for laughs. This is just not trying. Oh and yes, these do count against the episode. Without them this isn't a TV movie anyways and they wasted my time with these segments so they should be accounted for the score. The SpongeBob segments are pretty atrocious too but they're a bit better than the Patchy parts.

The only things that I liked from the SpongeBob segments are "A Day like This" and maybe 2 jokes. That's it, there is basically no story and it's completely pointless, it's just the characters being locked up in the vents, telling stupid flashbacks that just tease things that make no since (The Sandy Wedding part is so dumb, why would SpongeBob say it that way and why would the characters acted shocked if they were there) You know I'm not hating on this rubbish episode because Nick hyped it up, the writers are equally responsible by specifically making an episode full of false-reveals. I don't hate these flashbacks because the ads lied, I hate them because they're unfunny filler that make no sense. There is no conflict, they try to add Plankton to trick you into thinking there's a conflict but he adds nothing and if you removed him the story wouldn't be any different. (Oh and Plankton's plan is so stupid as well, yeah, let's go into the Krusty Krab with nothing on the anniversary when there would probably be more security, great idea!) the characters learned nothing in the vents and they get out by breaking out of the vents which they could've done at any time! There's also the repetitious humor, the vent, tunnel mix-up DMAP pointed out earlier, the atrocious, boring humor that is just the character's exaggerated traits, the filler, the abysmal parody, the fact that this was such a cheap cash-grab, and so much more but I think I've ranted enough. In my opinion this is the worst, most boring, most flat, piece of :trash: the series has ever done and I hope this is the worst it'll ever get.

0/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Honest Slug said:
This is still my most hated episode of the series, surprised so many people liked this episode... I mean I'm glad people liked it but I can't find any appeal in this thing. The Patchy segments are by far the worst thing the series has ever done. I'd rather watch "A Pal for Gary" three times before these segments. There's nothing remotely good about them. They look horrendous, there is no semblance of a story, the jokes are abysmal, the tone is off, and they're WAY too long. These segments are some of the most boring and frustrating things I've seen, it makes "SpongeBob, You're Fired" look like an exciting and creative masterpiece. And the argument that "Oh, they're SUPPOSED to be bad" isn't a good excuse. This is just being lazy and cheap. The old Patrhcy segments had style and used their cheapness for laughs. This is just not trying. Oh and yes, these do count against the episode. Without them this isn't a TV movie anyways and they wasted my time with these segments so they should be accounted for the score. The SpongeBob segments are pretty atrocious too but they're a bit better than the Patchy parts.

The only things that I liked from the SpongeBob segments are "A Day like This" and maybe 2 jokes. That's it, there is basically no story and it's completely pointless, it's just the characters being locked up in the vents, telling stupid flashbacks that just tease things that make no since (The Sandy Wedding part is so dumb, why would SpongeBob say it that way and why would the characters acted shocked if they were there) You know I'm not hating on this rubbish episode because Nick hyped it up, the writers are equally responsible by specifically making an episode full of false-reveals. I don't hate these flashbacks because the ads lied, I hate them because they're unfunny filler that make no sense. There is no conflict, they try to add Plankton to trick you into thinking there's a conflict but he adds nothing and if you removed him the story wouldn't be any different. (Oh and Plankton's plan is so stupid as well, yeah, let's go into the Krusty Krab with nothing on the anniversary when there would probably be more security, great idea!) the characters learned nothing in the vents and they get out by braking out of the vents which they could've done at any time! There's also the repetitious humor, the vent, tunnel mix-up DMAP pointed out earlier, the atrocious, boring humor that is just the character's exaggerated traits, the filler, the abysmal parody, the fact that this was such a cheap cash-grab, and so much more but I think I've ranted enough. In my opinion this is the worst, most boring, most flat, piece of :trash: the series has ever done and I hope this is the worst it'll ever get.

0/10
That's how I feel about Friend or Foe?...

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
I didn't keep up with the show for a while, and was under the impression that Patchy didn't appear post season 3... and then this episode came on cable at my friend's house. It was one of the most peculiar thing I had ever seen

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Another episode of "new" spongebob. All the episodes have bad animation, poor plots, not-so-funny jokes, and uncreative ideas. This is one of them. It's the Krusty Krab's eleventy-seventh (10th? 11th? 17th? 117th?) birthday, and theres gonna be a big party. Spongebob decides to decorate the Krusty Krab with some help. Unfortunately, the get locked in the freezer, and try to find a way out. The Krusty Krab employees and patrick tell their "secrets". Sadly, no secrets were actually revealed. Just memories of their past. Ex: Spongebob was gonna tell everybody the day he got married, but it was just a stupid play. And Mr. Krabs told everyone about the 1st krusty Krab ad. Yup. No secrets. When they escaped the air vents, Spongebob sings a ::dolphin noise:: song to get customers back. In the end, Plankton does not get the recipie and all the people celebrate. There were no funny jokes, no memorable quotes, stupid songs, no running gags, no creative storytelling, and patchy the pirate also ruined it. And why the ::dolphin noise:: was Pink in the episode? All the characters were the same as usual. Overall, this is just another spongebob "tv movie" that goes along with the other specials: atlantis in squarepantis, pest of the west, etc. Score: 3.5 pretty bad episode when you compare it to the awesome nick shows like ren and stimpy, rocko, avatar. Go ahead new spongebob fans, thumbs down me. But a this is my opinion, one of the many "old" spongebob fan's opinions. And I dont understand why these episode ratings are so high, higher than the old spongebob episodes.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Definitely the most underrated episode of SpongeBob. I never got the hate, I thought it was fantastic, the SpongeBob parts are the most underrated segments of the show, I thought they were amazing and pretty funny, the Patchy parts do suck but Pinks song is amazing and a few parts are funny. in general this episode was fantastic and one of the best S6 episodes (and the most overhated episode of the series)

Grade: 10/10

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: N/A

Best Moment: Some of the flashbacks and the ending

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
Welp, it looked like no one had the courage to get a 1080i version of the title card out on YouTube, so I posted one myself (I also have the full 50 minute TV rip, might be the original airing, IDK, sadly since they did cut some Robin Williams, Triumph scenes out, we lost about 9 minutes of Patchy segments, which imo, were the best of the special)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPRtLhF5pA4

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Truth or Square (S6-E123 to 4)

This episode is OK to me in my opinion. The Patchy scenes is just boring to me right now. They were just celebrating the 117th anniversary of The Krusty Krab. I understand the hate of this 10th anniversary 2-part special. Hope it doesn't happen again on 2019, the 20th anniversary of SpongeBob SquarePants.

Final Score = 5/10

I definitely loved the songs featured in this episode, but overall they could've done better for a 10th anniversary, I could see younger fans of the show getting a kick out of this one, but i thought i was just average. I can enjoy it, but it's most certainly not a fan-favorite, well, for me at least. I do appreciate them putting this in widescreen though, 3 years before the show officially went widescreen with Season 9.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I disagree with everyone on this page lol, for me this episode was awful the last time I saw it. I had a really bad viewing experience when I saw this last. The last time I saw this was around the time it came out, so maybe my opinion has changed, but there's a reason I haven't come back to watch it again- my brain says "no, no, no, we're not going through this again", so yeah I don't like it, and I can't give it a rating because of course its been a while.

I think this episode is actually kinda underrated. Most of my opinion from Atlantis SquarePantis apply here, but I didn't like this one as much as I liked that one. I can see why people would hate this, because it has some filler, and the flashbacks kinda lied. I'm not counting that against the episode, because that would be unfair, but yeah. I can see why people would hate this, mostly because of Patchy, which his segments are terrible, but once again, not counting that against this episode. My favorite part? Definitely "A Day Like This", one of my favorite songs in the series.

Ranking so far:
1. Chum Bucket Supreme (A+)
2. Patty Caper (A+)
3. Krabby Road (A)
4. Not Normal (A)
5. Sand Castles in the Sand (A)
6. Krusty Krushers (A)
7. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
8. Overbooked (A)
9. No Hat for Pat (B)
10. Single Cell Anniversary (B)
11. The Slumber Party (B)
12. Truth or Square (B)
13. A Life in a Day (B)
14. Gone (B)
15. Ditchin' (B)
16. Komputer Overload (B)
17. No Nose Knows (B)
18. Toy Store of Doom (B)
19. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
20. Shell Shocked (C)
21. House Fancy (C)
22. Grandpappy the Pirate (C)
23. Giant Squidward (C)
24. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (C)
25. Spongicus (C)
26. Plankton's Regular (C)
27. Gullible Pants (C)
28. Nautical Novice (C)
29. Professor Squidward (C)
30. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
31. Porous Pockets (C)
32. Shuffleboarding (D)
33. Squid's Visit (D)
34. Penny Foolish (D)
35. Grooming Gary (D)
36. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
37. Sun Bleached (D)
38. Dear Vikings (E)
39. Cephalopod Lodge (E)
40. The Splinter (F)
41. Boating Buddies (F)
42. Pet or Pests (F)