122b. Single Cell Anniversary

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Single Cell Anniversary

This episode was good. The plot was nice. The relationship between Plankton and Karen was sweet. The song was funny. There were some funny jokes. 8/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I like this episode a lot! I found the ending really funny and bad at the same time so I wasn't that bothered....The rest episode was good and funny....About what I said earlier about the ending , I found funny Karen's mother's attitude but it was bad that this happened at that time in order Plankton don't get the secret formula...But still a decent episode, 8.5/10 :)

TheHallMonitor52

Imitation Krab
highlight:luh vuh
lowlight: karen at the krusty krab was kinda boring

this episode imo is pretty solid, one of the most heartwarming spongebob episodes that i ever seen

8/10 good episode

Another good episode. It's a little overrated, and it could have used a few more jokes, but it's still enjoyable, and I think that this episode is one of the most heartwarming episodes of the whole show.

Ranking so far:
1. Chum Bucket Supreme (A+)
2. Patty Caper (A+)
3. Krabby Road (A)
4. Not Normal (A)
5. Sand Castles in the Sand (A)
6. Krusty Krushers (A)
7. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
8. Overbooked (A)
9. No Hat for Pat (B)
10. Single Cell Anniversary (B)
11. The Slumber Party (B)
12. A Life in a Day (B)
13. Gone (B)
14. Ditchin' (B)
15. Komputer Overload (B)
16. No Nose Knows (B)
17. Toy Store of Doom (B)
18. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
19. Shell Shocked (C)
20. House Fancy (C)
21. Grandpappy the Pirate (C)
22. Giant Squidward (C)
23. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (C)
24. Spongicus (C)
25. Plankton's Regular (C)
26. Gullible Pants (C)
27. Nautical Novice (C)
28. Professor Squidward (C)
29. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
30. Porous Pockets (C)
31. Shuffleboarding (D)
32. Squid's Visit (D)
33. Penny Foolish (D)
34. Grooming Gary (D)
35. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
36. Sun Bleached (D)
37. Dear Vikings (E)
38. Cephalopod Lodge (E)
39. The Splinter (F)
40. Boating Buddies (F)
41. Pet or Pests (F)
42. The Card (F-)
43. Choir Boys (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Pretty funny not gonna lie. I like the song it was very funny and fun to watch.

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
Grandpappy the Pirate (Perfect)
Chum Bucket Supreme (Perfect)
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Single Cell Anniversary (Amazing)
No Hat for Pat (Amazing)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Grooming Gary (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
Overbooked (Great)
To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants (Good)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Shell Shocked (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
Professor Squidward (Alright)
SBSP Vs. The Big One (Alright)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Sand Castles in the Sand (Meh)
Dear Vikings (Meh)
Squid's Visit (Mediocre)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Toy Store of Doom (Bad)
Komputer Overload (Bad)
Cephalopod Lodge (Bad)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Krusty Krushers (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
Gullible Pants (Bad)
Shuffleboarding (Inferior)
The Card (Inferior)
Pet or Pests (Facepalm)
Choir Boys (Terrible)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Two Plankton episodes in a row? Hey, I'm not complaining. This is just one of those feel good episodes. It isn't anything too special, but it's pleasant, which is really all I can ask for in a season like this. Characters, pacing and comedic timing all feel right here. It does feel a little similar to F.U.N., but I think it does enough different to stand out and do its own thing.

Good episode (7/10)

1. No Hat for Pat (9)
2. Not Normal (8)
3. Overbooked (7)
4. Ditchin' (7)
5. The Slumber Party (7)
6. Chum Bucket Supreme (7)
7. Single Cell Anniversary (7)
8. Sand Castles in the Sand (7)
9. Komputer Overload (7)
10. Krabby Road (7)
11. Grandpappy the Pirate (6)
12. Porous Pockets (6)
13. House Fancy (6)
14. Patty Caper (6)
15. A Life in a Day (6)
16. Sun Bleached (5)
17. Spongicus (5)
18. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
19. Nautical Novice (5)
20. Krusty Krushers (5)
21. Toy Store of Doom (5)
22. Plankton's Regular (5)
23. No Nose Knows (5)
24. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
25. Grooming Gary (4)
26. Shuffeboarding (4)
27. Gullible Pants (4)
28. Cephalopod Lodge (4)
29. Dear Vikings (4)
30. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
31. Shell Shocked (4)
32. Penny Foolish (4)
33. Gone (4)
34. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (4)
35. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
36. Giant Squidward (3)
37. Professor Squidward (3)
38. The Splinter (3)
39. The Card (3)
40. Boating Buddies (3)
41. Choir Boys (2)
42. Pet or Pests (2)
43. Squid's Visit (2)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we’ve got “Single Cell Anniversary”, which is another popular episode from season 6. I’m honestly just surprised that we’ve got 2 Plankton episodes in a row, as this season really didn’t feature him as much as I thought it did. I guess that was a later season thing. Or maybe it was never a thing at all. I suppose we will see. Anyway, I think this episode really stands out from other episodes because of its focus on Plankton and Karen’s relationship, and how it almost has like a…sitcom feel because of that.

The beginning of this episode is deliciously dramatic with Plankton’s woes about his stench of failure. Luckily, Karen ain’t having none of that, and gives Plankton a much-needed cleaning. And then we learn that Plankton is definitely not dream husband material as it’s revealed that he’s completely forgotten his and Karen’s wedding anniversary. I mean honestly Plankton, for shame. And then I like how Karen was able to get the formula without breaking a sweat, like that’s queenie. Shows how much more, ah, competent she is than Plankton. Honestly, I think Karen is being very gracious in making Plankton get her a gift from a heart. I mean she could’ve just gotten rid of the formula and been like “sorry lol”, but she’s giving Plankton a chance here, which is more than he deserves let's be honest.

Moving on, I love a good cut to another character finishing a random story, like we see with SpongeBob and Squidward here. It’s also nice to see SpongeBob and Squidward walking together, as it doesn’t even seem like they’re walking to or from work, so I have questions about why Squidward is willingly hanging around SpongeBob. And the joke about bitterness vs. despair was fun. And then, this episode turns into a great focus on SpongeBob and Plankton’s relationship, which I love to see. The love emergency part is great. This whole bit feels like the basis of what the second movie would do for its first half. I love the way Plankton talks about Karen too, because you can tell that he actually loves her, which is something that’s frequently missing.

Once SpongeBob recommends that Plankton serenade Karen, I gotta be honest my ears started closing on instinct. But then I was shocked…no annoying noises! Even when Plankton is first starting to get the hang of it, and it’s meant to be bad in-universe, it’s not irritating. Have…have they finally learned their lesson? No more annoying noises? Are we free? Nah but in all seriousness, this little bit is fun, and I love that we get a Sandy cameo out of it too.

And then we get the big moment, Plankton serenading Karen. This part is literally so wholesome and cute, I adore it. I mean firstly, it’s pleasing to listen to, so this episode has single-handedly reversed the distrust I developed after “Choir Boys”, so congrats to “Single Cell Anniversary” for doing that. And then I also just like the song in general, like it’s lyrics and stuff. The visuals are also great, and I love how SpongeBob and Patrick step in to help. So all in all, this is a very enjoyable and satisfying scene that just makes me feel warm and happy. And then them saying ‘I love you’ to each other is just so adorable and sweet.

I love how this episode almost makes us forget that Plankton did all this just to get his hands on the formula. And I love that even though that is Plankton’s goal, I don’t get the feeling that it undermines any of what he did. He does truly love Karen, and that song did come from his heart, but he wouldn’t have expressed it if it wasn’t for the incentive of the formula. So very nicely done there. And of course, once we get our attention focused back to the formula, SpongeBob realizes this too, and so for the last bit of the episode we get some fun antics. And just the way Tom Kenny delivers “I am so fired” is actually amazing, like that’s not a line I ever expected to see out of SpongeBob, and in that way. It’s just perfect. And then I love how Plankton’s serenading ends up being the thing that prevents him from getting the formula, because Karen is just so happy. It’s probably the cutest way we’ve ever seen him lose, that’s for sure. And then the way SpongeBob’s like “your wife exploded!” is hilarious. Now that’s how you do awkward humor! The episode then ends with poor Plankton being subjected to the Emergency Mother in Law Program, which is super funny, and I’d say deserved.

I just really like “Single Cell Anniversary”. It sticks out from other episodes, it’s wholesome and cute, and it’s funny and enjoyable, all things I love to see from an episode of this show. And I’ve got nothing bad to say about it at all, which is such a relief, because I love being positive!

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
It had a lot of good jokes! it was heartwarming and I loved the song!
10/10! one of the best season 6 episodes!
1. No Hat For Pat (11/10)
2. Suction Cup Symphony (10/10)
3. Grandpappy The Pirate (10/10)
4. Single Cell Anniversary (10/10)
5. Krabby Road (9.5/10)
6. Not Normal (9.5/10)
7. Ditchin' (9.5/10)
8. Sand Castles In The Sand (9.5/10)
9. Krabby Kronicle (9/10)
10. House Fancy (9/10)
11. Patty Caper (9/10)
12. Chum Bucket Supreme (9/10)
13. Life In A Day (8.5/10)
14. Overbooked (8.5/10)
15. Spongebob Squarepants Vs The Big One (8.5/10)
16. Komputer Overload (8.5/10)
17. The Slumber Party (8.5/10)
18. Krusty Krushers (8.5/10)
19. No Nose Knows (8.5/10)
20. Squid's Visit (8/10)
21. Spongicus (7.5/10)
22. To Squarepants Or Not To Squarepants (7.5/10
23. Giant Squidward (7.5/10)
24. Gone (7/10)
25. Grooming Gary (6.5/10)
26. Penny Foolish (6.5/10)
27. Porous Pockets (5.5/10)