120b. Toy Store of Doom

Mantis

killer queen best stand
This could have been like an Invader Zim episode. But it failed at that, because the writers dont know crap about good Spongebob episodes. And look Nate Cash wrote this, the same guy that wrote The Splinter. Yawn.

SurprisedPatrik

Floating Shopping List
this is a PERFECT example of why rugrats was good.they had an episode like this where they were at a toy store and it started to scare them. its funny beacause there BABIES. here,its just stupid. beacause spongebob and patrick are at least 23

Supmandude

Squog
It was pretty good, but the beginning was too long, they should have been in the toy store for the majority of the episode. 8/10

SurprisedPatrik said:
this is a PERFECT example of why rugrats was good.they had an episode like this where they were at a toy store and it started to scare them. its funny beacause there BABIES. here,its just stupid. beacause spongebob and patrick are at least 23
Them being adults makes it even funnier, though. Babies acting like babies was the main reason Rugrats was so boring, in my opinion.

Cha

I love SBM
One of my favorite episodes. It has that "overreacting" feeling that episodes like Hocus Pocus, Roller Cowards, That Sinking Feeling and Spy Buddies also do. The feeling that SpongeBob and Patrick are getting so frightened at the stupidest things that it's pretty funny. "It's not a tutu, it's a MANtu. You can tell because it has, EXTRA SUPPORT!"

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Do you even know SpongeBob and Patrick are kid-like adults... that's like the most important part of their character.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
I have kind of a soft spot for this episode as it's really one of the only episodes I saw around premiere but other than that meh.

5/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
It's a pretty stupid episode that really doesn't need to exist. 4.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Toy Store of Doom

This episode was bad. The plot was decent. The ending was kinda disappointing. There were few funny jokes. 5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Really boring...some funny quotes but quite average as an episode!! I liked the beggining a lot :P and more than the toy store parts of the episode..6/10

WhosTheRealPinheadPatrick?

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I've noticed that over time, people start to dislike this episode more; but I still think it's quite good. It's not a perfect episode, but it has it's fair share of good jokes, and a weird plot that works for the show. In my opinon, it's one of the gems of Season 6. (7.5/10)

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Some amusing quips here and there make this mildly bad, but most of the jokes are annoying and the plot is one of the worst in the series, it feels like a first draft.

4.5/10

Nickelodeon Stuff

Floating Shopping List
It's a solid plot with funny moments here and there, but its not amazing, but it is one of the higher up episodes of the dreaded season 6.
One thing i dont like is how Spongebob and Patrick overreacted so much at the toy robot.
The ending was a little funny though.
I'll give it a solid 8/10.

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
This is honestly a bizarre episode to talk about, SpongeBob and Patrick being scared of toys while locked in the dark is an interesting concept...except it felt really babied down, not the details but the concept itself. It feels like it could work in another show, but it feels odd seeing it in SpongeBob. I'd honestly expect this out of an Invader ZIM episode (maybe that's because of the title :P) or something a little darker with a weird cultural shock kind of thing. This really exaggerated that fact, and it lasted until a somewhat anti-climactic ending, even if it made sense, they didn't even really bash a toy out of fear or anything. It's definitely not bad persay, but it's another case of late season 4 through season 8 of just a slightly underwhelming execution. It doesn't even really bother me, the setup was done nicely, the middle was alright depending on if you love the overreactions, and the ending may be enough to leave people rightfully unsatisfied. It's an episode that's althroughout a mixed bag and it can easily change depending on my mood at the time of watching. :/

For now I'll give it a 6.5/10, but it could really range from anywhere to a 4 to a 7 if I'm nitpicking/generous enough. Typically I do laugh sometimes if I'm just looking for something mindles to observe, but there's so much out there that's better at doing that.

Back