118b. Komputer Overload

hfjs

Patrick-man said:
big boom boom
See exactly

This is actually a very very good Season 6 episode IMO. I don't know what it is about it, but it's something.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I love this episode. <3 Not only is it hilarious, it develops Plankton and Karen's relationship a bit more which I find interesting, and the ending is really adorable. One line in particularly always gets to me. When Plankton is crying over his failure at the end, he says "Once again, you've left me covered in the sticky goo of my own folly, only this time I'm all alone." Let's ignore how dirty the first part of the sentence sounds and focus on what he's actually saying here. He isn't upset about his failure, he's upset that he has no one to turn to anymore, no one to support him or comfort him.

The only thing I don't like is how stupid this episode makes Plankton look. For God's sake, he's supposed to be a genius. I think he can remember to blink without Karen's help. @_@ The way Plankton's plan failed was a bit weird too. The robots clearly weren't plugged in before.

Oh well, I adore everything else about the episode, including the title card design.

Supmandude

Squog
How could anyone not love an episode that ends with this?

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=wLMJ6yu1loULgfl6ERlPixnWzvEPbyUDpj1hGFl%2F8zU%3D

10/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This is episode needs a bit more praise. I like this episode quite a bit. The plot was good, Karen was hilarious, and I love how the robots all died just by the cord being unplugged from the outlet. The only things I don't like here is that the animation in this episode feels slow. It's hard to exactly find out what's wrong with it but something about the animations pace feels off, and Spongebob is kind of dumb but but other than that, it's a good episode. 7.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Komputer Overload

This episode was very decent. The plot was nice. I kinda liked the robots of Plankton. The ending was kinda bad, though. There were few funny jokes. 6.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
OK episode but pretty boring at times for me and I didn't like the ending that much...Kind of forgettable because I don't really remember it too, I will give it a 6/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I don't really care for this episode that much, and it's pretty forgettable and nothing special, but I wasn't annoyed or bored during it and it is overall inoffensive.

6/10

This is a decent episode. It's nothing too special, but it's good for what it is. I love the idea, but I think the execution could've been better with a few more jokes.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Caper (A+)
2. Krabby Road (A)
3. Not Normal (A)
4. Krusty Krushers (A)
5. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
6. The Slumber Party (B)
7. A Life in a Day (B)
8. Gone (B)
9. Ditchin' (B)
10. Komputer Overload (B)
11. No Nose Knows (B)
12. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
13. House Fancy (C)
14. Grandpappy the Pirate (C)
15. Giant Squidward (C)
16. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (C)
17. Spongicus (C)
18. Plankton's Regular (C)
19. Nautical Novice (C)
20. Professor Squidward (C)
21. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
22. Porous Pockets (C)
23. Shuffleboarding (D)
24. Squid's Visit (D)
25. Penny Foolish (D)
26. Grooming Gary (D)
27. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
28. Sun Bleached (D)
29. Dear Vikings (E)
30. Cephalopod Lodge (E)
31. The Splinter (F)
32. Boating Buddies (F)
33. Pet or Pests (F)
34. The Card (F-)
35. Choir Boys (F-)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
There are some jokes sprinkled in, but I love this episode more for it's plot, as it's really entertaining.

Great Episode (8.5/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one's pretty decent. It feels a little slow in the first half, and the pacing in general could be improved. Still, I enjoy the plot quite a bit, and there were a few jokes I thought were pretty good. Also, once again, Plankton is an incredibly entertaining character to watch, and this is no exception.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Not Normal (8)
2. Ditchin' (7)
3. The Slumber Party (7)
4. Komputer Overload (7)
5. Krabby Road (7)
6. Grandpappy the Pirate (7)
7. Porous Pockets (6)
8. House Fancy (6)
9. Patty Caper (6)
10. A Life in a Day (6)
11. Spongicus (5)
12. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
13. Nautical Novice (5)
14. Krusty Krushers (5)
15. Plankton's Regular (5)
16. No Nose Knows (5)
17. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
18. Grooming Gary (4)
19. Shuffeboarding (4)
20. Cephalopod Lodge (4)
21. Dear Vikings (4)
22. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
23. Sun Bleached (4)
24. Penny Foolish (4)
25. Gone (4)
26. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (4)
27. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
28. Giant Squidward (3)
29. Professor Squidward (3)
30. The Splinter (3)
31. The Card (3)
32. Boating Buddies (3)
33. Choir Boys (2)
34. Pet or Pests (2)
35. Squid's Visit (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Nah didnt really care for this one. Its boring and flat on jokes so there!

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Grandpappy the Pirate (Perfect)
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Grooming Gary (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants (Good)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
Professor Squidward (Alright)
SBSP Vs. The Big One (Alright)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Dear Vikings (Meh)
Squid's Visit (Mediocre)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Komputer Overload (Bad)
Cephalopod Lodge (Bad)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Krusty Krushers (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
Shuffleboarding (Inferior)
The Card (Inferior)
Pet or Pests (Facepalm)
Choir Boys (Terrible)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“Komputer Overload” exhibits the return of Plankton, who we actually haven’t seen in quite a while (last time was “The Krabby Kronicle”, and that was a minor role). Also, why oh why is Plankton now infected with the weird rounded cheeks design? Good lord is anyone safe??

It’s nice to see Plankton going about his daily life in the beginning of this episode. Honestly him working the drive thru is such a mood, people can be very…slow at times. And I liked the bit with the clearly inedible chum at the very start. Karen and Plankton’s banter is also very fun, and I like all the visual gags in these first few minutes as well. I love how Karen literally does not even care and continues to roast Plankton. You know, I’ve never said it before, but I love Karen’s voice, Jill Talley does an excellent job always.

The rundown of Karen’s “replacements” is pretty entertaining, and has some pretty funny moments. Karen’s continued roasting of each robot is great. The bit where Plankton goes and gets a picture of him with hair is pretty funny. And then the part where the one robot just ends up hammering him is hysterical once we see Plankton’s flattened form. And then I like how Karen eventually just has enough and leaves, because Plankton is indeed being incredibly unreasonable here. The episode continues to be pretty enjoyable once Karen leaves and Plankton starts treating the robots like they’re his underlings. The whole “does everybody understand” part was pretty funny to me. And I love how dramatic the power rangers assembling moment is haha. The bad design of Plankton’s robot being noted by Perch Perkins was also a nice touch.

Finally, we see SpongeBob after a whopping 7 and a half minutes. Now I’m not complaining about this, not at all, I just think it’s a bit wild for an episode to be without him for this long, particularly during this era. This episode is about Plankton anyway, so it makes sense. Poor SpongeBob gets thrown to the wolves in this part too. Honestly Plankton’s robot doesn’t even look intimidating lol. I love how Plankton’s threatening doesn’t even work on SpongeBob, even if it does mean SpongeBob is kind of really stupid here.

Once Plankton starts descending on the Krusty Krab, I love how everyone reacts—Mr. Krabs trying to get everyone in fighting shape, SpongeBob panicking, and Squidward not even caring. And then I love the reveal that the robot was literally plugged into the wall. Plankton’s plan having such a crucial flaw makes perfect sense…this is the guy who put a self-destruct slot in his own robot all the way back in season 2. Plankton’s dramatics about losing are fun to watch as well. And I’m glad that at the end of the episode, Plankton gives an actually decent apology.

“Komputer Overload” is definitely a hidden gem in my opinion. I never see anyone talking about it, and I actually found myself enjoying it quite a bit. There wasn’t any part of the episode that I specifically disliked, and there were a lot of funny moments. I’d say the humor is more on the low side though, but that’s alright because the entire episode was amusing. So that’s why this episode belongs in “Great”.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8.3/10

Last edited:
Back