117b. Professor Squidward

Spongetron Robotpants said:
I hate it when Spongebob and Patrick are only in the episode to torture Squidward. Yeah, because an ART COLLEGE is the place SB and Patrick would like to be.
Why was SpongeBob at the art class in the Rec center in Artist Unknown?
Why were all the characters at a Band in Band Geeks? (I get it's not Squid Abuse but they definitely ruin his changes at the beginning)
Why did SB and Patrick happen to go camping in their frontyard when they could have gone anywhere?

Point is, SpongeBob and Patrick need to be there if Squidward hasd no other character. Are there times where these plots were done with those two esentially torturing Squidward for reasons he didn't deserve? Of course! -- Choir Boys, Cepholopod Lodge (I give up trying to spell that), and Smooth Jazz are PERFECT EXAMPLES as Squidward did nothing at all. However, Squidward was breaking a law in this episode!

SB_DW_Fan said:
Actually I hate this episode for being so boring, annoying and dumb, not for Squidward getting abuses. An awful remake of Artist Unknown, which is a much better episode.
SB_DW_Fan said:
Actually I hate this episode for being so boring, annoying and dumb, not for Squidward getting abuses. An awful remake of Artist Unknown, which is a much better episode.
i actually agree with you, SB & Patrick were the reasons to came on out of nowhere.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Yeah, I'm still standing by my opinion about Squidward shouldn't have gotten arrested. Sure, what he did was illegal, but didn't other characters from the show do something that was illegal but they don't get arrested? Dafaq? Also, he's under arrest for impersonating a "genius"? That's more of an opinion of calling Squilliam a genius because Squidward can be a genius too. :/ I just feel that Bikini Bottomites treat Squidward like crap and he isn't a genius. It isn't funny, it's just... sad.

SB_DW_Fan said:
An awful remake of Artist Unknown, which is a much better episode.
Yeah, no. Artist Unknown pisses me off too.

President Squidward said:
Yeah, I'm still standing by my opinion about Squidward shouldn't have gotten arrested. Sure, what he did was illegal, but didn't other characters from the show do something that was illegal but they don't get arrested? Dafaq? Also, he's under arrest for impersonating a "genius"? That's more of an opinion of calling Squilliam a genius because Squidward can be a genius too. :/ I just feel that Bikini Bottomites treat Squidward like crap and he isn't a genius. It isn't funny, it's just... sad.

Yeah, no. Artist Unknown pisses me off too.
HE BROKE THE LAW

just because other characters get away with stuff doesn't mean it's right

name an illegal thing another character did

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
HE BROKE THE LAW

just because other characters get away with stuff doesn't mean it's right

name an illegal thing another character did
I get that he broke the law. That scene still bothers me, though.

I get that he broke the law. That scene still bothers me, though.
Why?
You break the law, you pay the price. IDGAF if you're Squidward or Obama. Just because "he's swagger lolz"doesn't mean he deserves to get off for impersonating Squilliam,
And you still haven't answered the question.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
Why?
You break the law, you pay the price. IDGAF if you're Squidward or Obama. Just because "he's swagger lolz"doesn't mean he deserves to get off for impersonating Squilliam,
And you still haven't answered the question.
1. I really don't know why, I can be bothered by a scene even if he deserves it or whatever.
2. I never even said "he's swagger" and all. Why do you always have to take everything serious?
3. Dude, I'm not even sure. Why do you think I said it in a question?
but didn't other characters from the show do something that was illegal?

1. I really don't know why, I can be bothered by a scene even if he deserves it or whatever.
2. I never even said "he's swagger" and all. Why do you always have to take everything serious?
3. Dude, I'm not even sure. Why do you think I said it in a question?
1. Yes, but your reasoning? You literally have no reason for me to udnerstand until you tell.
2. Figure of speech, but I'm pretty confident if this were another character, you would nearly care not as much.
3. Exactly; further proving that Squidward deserved the arrest for breaking the law

I can't go rob a bank because "other people have"

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
1. Yes, but your reasoning? You literally have no reason for me to udnerstand until you tell.
2. Figure of speech, but I'm pretty confident if this were another character, you would nearly care not as much.
3. Exactly; further proving that Squidward deserved the arrest for breaking the law

I can't go rob a bank because "other people have"
1. There is no reasoning, he was just rubbed the wrong way by him being arrested

Yeah he did something wrong, but from a writing standpoint it feels like "lol Squidward's is getting arrested haha lol funny lol", playing something unfunny for laughs

It's like in the awful Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy episode- yeah Sandy deserved to get arrested b/c she broke the law, but that scene is really annoying to me b/c it's like the writers seem to think arresting people is funny (hint: it isn't) whether they deserve it or not. It just feels unnecessary.

2. Obviously. Since Squidward is prez's favorite character he's going to be rubbed the wrong way when something happens to him. This episode in particular is weird because it comes at a time where the writers liked to punish Squidward for no reason and then reverted back to the classic plot of Squidward receiving comeuppance for something he did that was bad... And then managed to even mess that up by tormenting him for an entire episode for something he had objectively done wrong rather than something he had done morally wrong. Yeah he deserves it, but it comes off as them tormenting Squidward for laughs, in a situation that isn't really funny at all

I think Professor Squidward is hilarious but man if the characters and writing aren't just totally jacked in it

3. He's already admitted this

He knows Squidward was in the wrong but said the scene rubbed him the wrong way, and even if there wasn't a reason for it, why does it even matter? He didn't say the episode was awful because of it, he just said it pissed him off, and that's perfectly within reason because it's an opinion, and you don't have to agree with it or argue with something that's so opinionated and subjective. He didn't like the scene for whatever reason.

So why does it even matter to you?

1. There is no reasoning, he was just rubbed the wrong way by him being arrested

Yeah he did something wrong, but from a writing standpoint it feels like "lol Squidward's is getting arrested haha lol funny lol", playing something unfunny for laughs

It's like in the awful Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy episode- yeah Sandy deserved to get arrested b/c she broke the law, but that scene is really annoying to me b/c it's like the writers seem to think arresting people is funny
Sandy never deserved to get arrested because she is just furless, not naked (By the way, then why SpongeBob didn't get arrested for being naked in All That Glitters and Overbooked? Besides people making fun of Sandy was cruel IMO.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
SB_DW_Fan said:
Sandy never deserved to get arrested because she is just furless, not naked (By the way, then why SpongeBob didn't get arrested for being naked in All That Glitters and Overbooked? Besides people making fun of Sandy was cruel IMO.
That was the scene I was trying to think of, that really bothered me how Sandy got arrested too, my god Bikini Bottomites ruining everything for the main characters.

That was the scene I was trying to think of, that really bothered me how Sandy got arrested too, my god Bikini Bottomites ruining everything for the main characters.
and there's no apparent reason to arrest Sandy as the cops are too dumb.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
I like this episode actually. It's good how Squidward got consequences for something justified. I like the joke at the beginning where Squilliam was being applauded for practically nothing and the joke where Patrick was actually tickling Spongebob (Squidward's expression set it for me). In my opinion the scene with the metronome and Billy writing on the chalkboard were clever, but they dragged. I hate the pacing though and Spongebob and Patrick were too annoying in an episode they shouldn't have even been in.

8.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Professor Squidward

This episode was terrible. The plot was really bad. Spongebob and Patrick were complete idiots, and it bothered me very much. I know Squidward broke the law, and he got arrested in the end, but they didn t manage to make it funny, like Artist Unknown. I only liked one or two jokes. 3/10

BobCarotte

meep
This episode was mediocre and boring. SpongeBob and Patrick were very annoying and the Squid Abuse bothered me. I give this episode a 5.5/10.

PinkPearl

insert title here
I don't dislike this episode because there is squid abuse. Squid abuse itself only bothers me because it's often a very poor way of handling material or jokes, not because it's abusive towards Squidward. This episode was no exception. I watched it today just because it was on and it didn't do anything for me, as usual.

The humor itself was awkward and it felt like the writers were running out of ideas. What was up with Billy writing his name on the board and why was Squidward so mad at him? It wasn't funny and it was just weird to watch. The beginning was off too, as Squidward's logic for being Squilliam made no sense but the other fish believed him anyway.

Then there's Spongebob and Patrick, who again are plot devices used simply for driving Squidward crazy...if it was really a "prestigious music school," Spongebob and Patrick would have no reason to be there. But Squidward just can't have a happy ending...so put 'em in! This technique rarely works, and usually the attempts at humor are aimed toward five year olds. The metronome joke was repetitive, stupid, and boring. As was most of the episode.

Logic problems like the ones I mentioned aren't good reasons alone for judging an episode- I mean, it's a cartoon- but the choices of humor were terrible. Final score: 2/10

Back