117a. Shuffleboarding

SquiddlyPie

random gal
That's the worst episode of Season 6 for me...I really HATE THIS EPISODE..I can't even describe to you how...

Why would MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy let SPONGEBOB and PATRICK go to the Shuffleboarding contest for them? :P
They thought they wouldn't make a mess because it's just a competition....but of course they did....
What's the point of this episode???Who would like an episode like that???The first 4 minutes are standable but then the REST of the episode
shows SpongeBob and Patrick with different categories , thinking that everyone is a suspect and they are putting them in jail....but guess what?
They are dressed as MM and BB so they don't get in trouble AT ALL..and that gets me too >_< I can't watch this episode everrr again..it's sooo
irritating....0/10...

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
This is surely a clickbait episode. I remember watching this when it aired... *sighs* MM and BB get injured, so SpongeBob and Patrick take their places so they can do shuffle boarding. But there are no scenes showing that a minute later, and SpongeBob says they have won the tournament already (which ruins the episode). And this is where things get bad.

What they did is kind of like Sandy's Rocket, but what makes Sandy's Rocket better is that SpongeBob and Patrick actually thought they went to a new planet (despite them heading back home, but that part was justifiable) and how SpongeBob got punished in the end of the episode when he realized the aliens he captured were the citizens of Bikini Bottom.

But this episode is terrible since SpongeBob and Patrick arrest people for stupid reasons, like for chewing gum, being too old, etc. And when MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy come outside, people chase after them, and that is not fair at all. And SpongeBob fails to see the trouble he has caused along with Patrick.

1/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode is just a big mess, even with the title. How does Shuffleboarding fit in with all this? The only "shuffleboarding" that I saw here was SB and Patrick playing with that word, and boy, that gag gets old fast. Oh, and the costumes look super lame. Everyone could tell that it was SpongeBob and Patrick. It would have been better if the costumes were like the ones in Mermaidman and Barnacleboy or even in Mermaid Pants, but nope, they had to make the costumes look pathetic. While I hated the costumes and the fact that they didn't go shuffleboarding, the worst part was when SpongeBob and Patrick started arresting innocent people for the worst reasons, like being too old, having a shoe untied, chewing gum, and throwing out a Krabby Patty. What makes it worse is that MM and BB get the blame while SB and Pat are claimed innocent.

The "my leg" joke and Man Ray having is shrunken head was actually pretty funny though. But that's like having that good piece of pepperoni in an out-of-date, rotten slice of pizza. I give it a 1/10.

Wumbomaster900

Floating Shopping List
This episode is dreadful!
There's no plot, spongebob and Patrick are idiots, and mermaid man and barnacle boy get punished for no reason! Though there are a couple positives that save this episode from the absolute bottom, for one the my.leg gag returned plus the scene with man ray made me laugh. Overall, I'd give it 2.5/10, the third worst in season 6 besides the splinter and truth or square.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I used to defend this a bit, and I still don't take issue with the fact that this episode doesn't feature shuffle-boarding. But the ignorance of SpongeBob and Patrick is unbearable here, the things they arrest people for are just... no.

3/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Shuffleboarding (S6-E117-A)

Oh dear me. Please don't hate me, but to be honest, I actually love this episode. It would be better if the episode was actually a real shuffleboarding tournament. TBH, SB & Pat arresting the entire population of Bikini Bottom is one of my most favorite and funniest scenes in this episode. The "fight scene" with Man Ray is mediocre but I like Man Ray's tiny head, with a squeaky voice. WHY does SB and Pat fight Man Ray for? He didn't do any crime in this episode. The ending is pretty bad. It's still my favorite episode, but I have a mixed feeling here.

There are many reasons why they hate this episode:

1. The title says Shuffleboarding, but unfortunately, the writers didn't show us SB and Pat challenge the shuffleboarding tournament. They abruptly scraped it, and showed us SB and Pat won the tournament immediately instead. It would be better that this episode is actually about a shuffleboarding tournament in our opinion.
  2. Instead of showing us SB and Pat shuffleboarding, they showed us SB and Pat arresting the Bikini Bottomites (my favorite scene here) for no reasons. SB and Pat act crazy and stupid here.
  3. The boring and horrible "fight scene" with Man Ray. Why does SB and Pat fight Man Ray for? He didn't do any crime here in this episode. Patrick even assaulted the old lady, Mabel, during the fight.
  4. In the ending, after SB and Pat returned the costumes and trophies to real MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy, the Bikini Bottomites and Man Ray blame MM and BB instead of SB and Pat in the ending. During the chase, SpongeBob thinks there are fans and says "They have so many fans!" (I actually hate the ending here, even it's my favorite episode.) SpongeBob and Patrick have gone too far in being crazy and stupid here in this ::dolphin noise::ty episode.

Final Score = 5/10

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Gonna post all my SBC worst episode list commentations, but slightly edited

So this is an episode that I think I hate more than most do. It IS generally considered a bad episode, but not outright terrible, or at least not 2nd worst of the season like I think. In fact, even as a kid, I hated this episode, and I liked tons of bad episodes as a kid. I'm surprised, but glad, that this episode even made it into the twenties in the first place. The reason why I hate this episode is because it's really annoying. The main gag of the episode is Spongebob and Patrick arresting people for stupid reasons, which I don't find funny, but actually just really annoying. The reasons for them being arrested are rather stupid and unfunny, such as being too old, having untied shoes, and in Man Ray's case, really just existing. Speaking of the Man Ray Scene, that one at least gave good action, but it still sucks because Man Ray and the lady he's with are arrested for pretty much no reason. But yeah, Spongebob and Patrick literally arrest everyone in bikini bottom for the stupidist reasons, just because they were pretending to be Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Which speaking of that, this whole plot point leads to two more terrible things about the episode. One is that Barnacle Boy tells Spongebob and Patrick to bring the costumes back to them after the shuffleboarding tournament, and you'd think they'd listen to their heros who they're big fans of, but instead they just ignore what they said and keep the costumes. They didn't even just forget about it, they literally mention it and decide "nah, let's just keep them and stop crime anyway". The second thing is that it leads to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy getting even more unfair treatment. They already get smacked around with that boomerang and then land down to the mermalair really hard and get hospitalized before this, but I could of excused that since Spongebob and Patrick didn't intend for that to happen. And while I know Mermaid Man and Barnacle boy being angrily chased (and possibly hurt afterward) by the bikini bottomites wasn't intended by them either, it's their fault since they did all those terrible arrests earlier and making it seem like they did it. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy did nothing to deserve being angrily chased and potentially harmed by the bikini bottomites, they get the comeuppance Spongebob and Patrick deserved for no reason, whereas Spongebob and Patrick get no punishment for it. So yeah, that's why I hate this episode so much. It's overall very annoying, not very funny, and it gives the comeuppance to the wrong characters.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This is one of the most forgettable episodes of all time, right up there with Ditchin'. This episode is boring, skips the main conflict of the episode that is literally set up for the first few minutes, and then devolves into idiocy. The humor in this episode is bland, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are treated like crap, and most of all this episode is just a rip off of Hall Monitor and every MM&BB episode before this. 3/10

A pretty forgettable episode. It did have a few funny jokes, and I thought the fact that they skipped the tournament was really funny. But yeah, the ending is quite dumb.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Caper (A+)
2. Krabby Road (A)
3. Not Normal (A)
4. Krusty Krushers (A)
5. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
6. The Slumber Party (B)
7. A Life in a Day (B)
8. Gone (B)
9. Ditchin' (B)
10. No Nose Knows (B)
11. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
12. House Fancy (C)
13. Grandpappy the Pirate (C)
14. Giant Squidward (C)
15. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (C)
16. Spongicus (C)
17. Plankton's Regular (C)
18. Nautical Novice (C)
19. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
20. Porous Pockets (C)
21. Shuffleboarding (D)
22. Squid's Visit (D)
23. Penny Foolish (D)
24. Grooming Gary (D)
25. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
26. Sun Bleached (D)
27. Dear Vikings (E)
28. Cephalopod Lodge (E)
29. The Splinter (F)
30. Boating Buddies (F)
31. The Card (F-)
32. Choir Boys (F-)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Pretty forgettable episode here. Spongebob and Patrick are kind of aggravating throughout this episode, and it just feels unfocused. The fight with Man Ray is alright, although nothing special, and there were a few moments that almost made me laugh, so that's something. Fortunately though, being forgettable is this episode's biggest crime.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Not Normal (8)
2. Ditchin' (7)
3. The Slumber Party (7)
4. Krabby Road (7)
5. Grandpappy the Pirate (7)
6. Porous Pockets (6)
7. House Fancy (6)
8. Patty Caper (6)
9. A Life in a Day (6)
10. Spongicus (5)
11. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
12. Nautical Novice (5)
13. Krusty Krushers (5)
14. Plankton's Regular (5)
15. No Nose Knows (5)
16. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
17. Grooming Gary (4)
18. Shuffeboarding (4)
19. Cephalopod Lodge (4)
20. Dear Vikings (4)
21. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
22. Sun Bleached (4)
23. Penny Foolish (4)
24. Gone (4)
25. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (4)
26. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
27. Giant Squidward (3)
28. The Splinter (3)
29. The Card (3)
30. Boating Buddies (2)
31. Squid's Visit (2)
32. Choir Boys (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode was just clickbait. There aint no "shuffleboarding" here! I hated the scene with SpongeBob and Patrick beating up Man Ray for no reason at all. Also it is boring. I give this a 2/10 overrall.

Rating: Inferior Episode

Rankings:
Grandpappy the Pirate (Perfect)
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Grooming Gary (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants (Good)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
SBSP Vs. The Big One (Alright)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Dear Vikings (Meh)
Squid's Visit (Mediocre)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Cephalopod Lodge (Bad)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Krusty Krushers (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
Shuffleboarding (Inferior)
The Card (Inferior)
Choir Boys (Terrible)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

Whiteout

Imitation Krab
This is a bit of an unpopular opinion, i actually like shuffleboarding and i think its hilarious. I can see why people would find it annoying but for me I think its just a silly funny episode. It is a bit stupid but thats what makes it funny to me.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This is one of the most forgettable episodes of all time, right up there with Ditchin'. This episode is boring, skips the main conflict of the episode that is literally set up for the first few minutes, and then devolves into idiocy. The humor in this episode is bland, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are treated like crap, and most of all this episode is just a rip off of Hall Monitor and every MM&BB episode before this. 3/10
Why was I so mad LMAO. God these vintage Pugs reviews are so...interesting. I also just cringed hard at the fact that I said "rip off" because y'all know I don't like that term. Let me just tell you that this review is going to be very, very different than the one I've just quoted.

Here we are with “Shuffleboarding”, yet another forgettable episode from season 6. It took a little bit of thinking, but prior to rewatching the episode I did remember a good bit of the plot. But I didn’t remember any jokes. That doesn’t automatically mean the episode will be bad or not funny, but it was a bit of an omen. An omen that turned out to be wrong, actually.

I’m honestly surprised about how quickly we’re getting another Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode. I mean “Ditchin’” only barely counts as one, but basically whenever the two actually appear I count it lol. I liked this little bit in the beginning with them actually interacting with the narrator. I’m also glad that this is one of those episodes where MM and BB actually know who SpongeBob and Patrick are, because I think it’s more entertaining that way. The bit with the boomerang was also pretty funny. All the slapstick with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy was a bit unexpected though, because I don’t really think of slapstick happening with clearly elderly characters. Maybe that’s why they actually ended up going to the hospital after all the shenanigans lol. And then the bit between SpongeBob and Patrick with the flowers was really cute haha.

And then the plot of the episode gets moving, with SpongeBob and Patrick taking the place of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy at the shuffleboarding competition. I love how they’re certified MM and BB impersonators lol. And of course, we know that SpongeBob and Patrick will do something stupid once Barnacle Boy thinks they won’t cause too much damage. Honestly, Barnacle Boy is a very funny character to me. I often say that MM and BB are kinda meh characters for me, but I’m mostly talking about them as a duo, or Mermaid Man. Barnacle Boy is just very dry and snarky and I like that kind of humor. Anyway, the little outfits SpongeBob and Patrick wear are cute.

The episode then pulls a little bit of a bait-and-switch, because SpongeBob and Patrick win the tournament off-screen without any prompting, meaning that this episode is not actually about shuffleboarding at all. I can’t tell if it would’ve been more entertaining to show them actually shuffleboarding or not. Probably not, to be honest, because it probably would’ve turned out similar to “Krusty Krushers”. So the bait-and-switch here is accepted. I guess now this episode is more like “Ditchin’” at this point. And then the episode becomes a critique of mass incarceration, I mean…uh…actually I don’t know what. I’m mostly joking. Mostly. Honestly it feels like a parody of the already exaggerated jokes about Batman. And it ends up being pretty funny, so that’s good. The bit with Man Ray was nice too, it’s always fun to see Man Ray, and it’s fun to see him not be explicitly evil (which reminds me, we haven’t seen Plankton in a while…). And the action scene in the laundromat was pretty fun, delightfully cheesy. And I like how the ending of the scene almost feels like a reference to “To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants”, being fresh off of viewing that episode. The ending of the episode is pretty funny, and also predictable of course, poor MM and BB. And hey, it gives us an absolutely gorgeous background too, so that’s yet another win.

“Shuffleboarding” starts out a bit slow, but in general this episode is pretty enjoyable, which surprised me given how much I had forgotten about it. I liked how the episode really leaned into the cheesy with the scene with Man Ray, and the plot of the episode was just fun too. And while the episode was funny, it wasn’t super funny or anything. But lately most of these episodes haven’t been making me full on belly-laugh, so I’ll take what I can get.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Why was I so mad LMAO. God these vintage Pugs reviews are so...interesting. I also just cringed hard at the fact that I said "rip off" because y'all know I don't like that term. Let me just tell you that this review is going to be very, very different than the one I've just quoted.

Here we are with “Shuffleboarding”, yet another forgettable episode from season 6. It took a little bit of thinking, but prior to rewatching the episode I did remember a good bit of the plot. But I didn’t remember any jokes. That doesn’t automatically mean the episode will be bad or not funny, but it was a bit of an omen. An omen that turned out to be wrong, actually.

I’m honestly surprised about how quickly we’re getting another Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode. I mean “Ditchin’” only barely counts as one, but basically whenever the two actually appear I count it lol. I liked this little bit in the beginning with them actually interacting with the narrator. I’m also glad that this is one of those episodes where MM and BB actually know who SpongeBob and Patrick are, because I think it’s more entertaining that way. The bit with the boomerang was also pretty funny. All the slapstick with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy was a bit unexpected though, because I don’t really think of slapstick happening with clearly elderly characters. Maybe that’s why they actually ended up going to the hospital after all the shenanigans lol. And then the bit between SpongeBob and Patrick with the flowers was really cute haha.

And then the plot of the episode gets moving, with SpongeBob and Patrick taking the place of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy at the shuffleboarding competition. I love how they’re certified MM and BB impersonators lol. And of course, we know that SpongeBob and Patrick will do something stupid once Barnacle Boy thinks they won’t cause too much damage. Honestly, Barnacle Boy is a very funny character to me. I often say that MM and BB are kinda meh characters for me, but I’m mostly talking about them as a duo, or Mermaid Man. Barnacle Boy is just very dry and snarky and I like that kind of humor. Anyway, the little outfits SpongeBob and Patrick wear are cute.

The episode then pulls a little bit of a bait-and-switch, because SpongeBob and Patrick win the tournament off-screen without any prompting, meaning that this episode is not actually about shuffleboarding at all. I can’t tell if it would’ve been more entertaining to show them actually shuffleboarding or not. Probably not, to be honest, because it probably would’ve turned out similar to “Krusty Krushers”. So the bait-and-switch here is accepted. I guess now this episode is more like “Ditchin’” at this point. And then the episode becomes a critique of mass incarceration, I mean…uh…actually I don’t know what. I’m mostly joking. Mostly. Honestly it feels like a parody of the already exaggerated jokes about Batman. And it ends up being pretty funny, so that’s good. The bit with Man Ray was nice too, it’s always fun to see Man Ray, and it’s fun to see him not be explicitly evil (which reminds me, we haven’t seen Plankton in a while…). And the action scene in the laundromat was pretty fun, delightfully cheesy. And I like how the ending of the scene almost feels like a reference to “To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants”, being fresh off of viewing that episode. The ending of the episode is pretty funny, and also predictable of course, poor MM and BB. And hey, it gives us an absolutely gorgeous background too, so that’s yet another win.

“Shuffleboarding” starts out a bit slow, but in general this episode is pretty enjoyable, which surprised me given how much I had forgotten about it. I liked how the episode really leaned into the cheesy with the scene with Man Ray, and the plot of the episode was just fun too. And while the episode was funny, it wasn’t super funny or anything. But lately most of these episodes haven’t been making me full on belly-laugh, so I’ll take what I can get.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8/10
as a kid i was so disappointed that they didn't show sb and pat play in the tournament lmao

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
This reminds me a lot of sandy's rocket.... that is not a compliment
1. Suction Cup Symphony (10/10)
2. Grandpappy The Pirate (10/10)
3. Krabby Road (9.5/10)
4. Not Normal (9.5/10)
5. Ditchin' (9.5/10)
6. Krabby Kronicle (9/10)
7. House Fancy (9/10)
8. Patty Caper (9/10)
9. Life In A Day (8.5/10)
10. Spongebob Squarepants Vs The Big One (8.5/10)
11. The Slumber Party (8.5/10)
12. Krusty Krushers (8.5/10)
13. No Nose Knows (8.5/10)
14. Squid's Visit
15. Spongicus (7.5/10)
16. To Squarepants Or Not To Squarepants (7.5/10
17. Giant Squidward (7.5/10)
18. Gone (7/10)
18. Grooming Gary
20. Penny Foolish (6.5/10)
21. Porous Pockets (5.5/10)
22. Sun Bleached (5.5/10)