113a. Krusty Krushers

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It was good!!! I used to LOVE it when I first watched it and that's something!!I still like it to this day..there were some funny quotes and moments (Like the Patrick butt gymnastics :P ) and overall pretty good,Mr.Krabs got what he deserved at the ending ...8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Everything about this episode is very amusing, from the way SpongeBob and Patrick fight to the ending, this episode did a lot right.

8/10

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Okay episode. Some of the gags were good (My Leg!), but the montages were boring, and Mr Krabs was kinda cruel for using SB and Patrick (but I was more worried about Patrick after SpongeBob's past shenanigans in the season). 7.5/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
A surprisingly decent episode. SpongeBob and Patrick wrestling is something I thought I'd never see again, but here we are. The way they defeat the other wrestlers is pretty funny to me, and that's just one of the many gags in this episode that work. 7/10

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
This episode was really good! 10/10

On a funny note, Google thinks it's Dunces and Dragons

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-09-21-33-29.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-09-21-33-29.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 0
Very good episode to wash the bad taste of Choir Boys out of my mouth. In fact, I think it's better than The Fry Cook Games. It's funny how SpongeBob and Patrick can be so oblivious yet so smart at the same time. And Mr. Krabs' punishment is totally justified.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Caper (A+)
2. Krabby Road (A)
3. Not Normal (A)
4. Krusty Krushers (A)
5. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
6. The Slumber Party (B)
7. A Life in a Day (B)
8. Gone (B)
9. No Nose Knows (B)
10. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
11. House Fancy (C)
12. Giant Squidward (C)
13. Spongicus (C)
14. Plankton's Regular (C)
15. Nautical Novice (C)
16. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
17. Porous Pockets (C)
18. Penny Foolish (D)
19. Grooming Gary (D)
20. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
21. Sun Bleached (D)
22. The Splinter (F)
23. Boating Buddies (F)
24. Choir Boys (F-)

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I must be in the minority because I did not care for this episode!

The wrestling that went on was really no different than the brutal crap that happens with WWE and UFC!

IDC if it was a cartoon I think they went too far with the SpongeBob & Patrick abuse

Sadly I can see someone on this show have a CRT monitor thrown at them and be pushed into a table like what happened to Kairi at yesterday's WWE match

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I don't really have much to say about this one. Despite a few funny moments, the episode isn't really that funny or memorable, and Spongebob and Patrick's obliviousness could've been handled better.

Average episode (5/10)

1. Not Normal (8)
2. The Slumber Party (7)
3. Krabby Road (7)
4. Porous Pockets (6)
5. House Fancy (6)
6. Patty Caper (6)
7. A Life in a Day (6)
8. Spongicus (5)
9. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
10. Nautical Novice (5)
11. Krusty Krushers (5)
12. Plankton's Regular (5)
13. No Nose Knows (5)
14. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
15. Grooming Gary (4)
16. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
17. Sun Bleached (4)
18. Penny Foolish (4)
19. Gone (4)
20. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
21. Giant Squidward (3)
22. The Splinter (3)
23. Boating Buddies (2)
24. Choir Boys (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I wasnt too fought to this one. Its boring and very stupid also that ending was awful.

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Grooming Gary (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
SBSP Vs. The Big One (Alright)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Krusty Krushers (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
Choir Boys (Terrible)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

Whiteout

Imitation Krab
I love this episode, it might be one of my favourites. It's hilarious, the iron buns is funny too! Also mr krabs is a bit of a selfish jerk but he does get karma in the end which is good. Also the part where the guys flick spongebob and patrick and they spin around and crash into each other. So much funny slapstick and its funny how spongebob and Patrick think its fun and dont get hurt. Top tier in my opinion

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
A surprisingly decent episode. SpongeBob and Patrick wrestling is something I thought I'd never see again, but here we are. The way they defeat the other wrestlers is pretty funny to me, and that's just one of the many gags in this episode that work. 7/10
Sorry to spoil, but for once I'm actually going to be rating an episode from this era lower than I originally rated it! I've noticed that in general, I almost always rate episodes as higher than I used to in these reviews, but this episode seems to be an exception. I actually did it with "Choir Boys" too, but I mean my opinions about the episode were mostly the same, it's just that my scoring system back then was less defined. Here, my opinions about "Krusty Krushers" are similar, but also not the same. So let me get into it.

Alright first off, I've just gotta say...“Krusty Krushers” has got to be a forgettable episode, right? Before I rewatched it, part of me was like, “I don’t remember much of this episode”, but the other part of me wondered if what I did remember actually was the whole episode. Turns out that the first part of me was right, as I only remembered the last couple minutes of this episode, with SpongeBob and mainly Patrick defeating the wrestlers.

At the very least, the setup of this episode is interesting, being about wrestling. It's not exactly unique, because of "The Fry Cook Games", but it is something very different than our typical plot. Random tangent, but who here likes watching wrestling? I don’t find it interesting at all…I’m assuming that this episode is parodying WWE, but I really wouldn’t know lol. Anyway, I think my main issue with this episode is that the plot is not great. I mean, it was at first! I like that Mr. Krabs immediately went in there to try and get that cash prize, but then realized he’d get brutalized if he went in. But then from here the episode gets less enjoyable as we get the very predictable plot of Mr. Krabs using SpongeBob and Patrick as his pawns. Honestly, this episode wouldn’t been more interesting had he used Squidward instead, because at least we would’ve gotten some fun dynamics there. Or better yet, get Sandy in the ring! But we’re about 5 seasons too early for that kind of character utilization. And another issue for this episode is that it takes place all in one location. That’s not necessarily an issue on its own, but this episode does not do well enough to prevent things from getting stale after 11 minutes in this one locale. And on that note, the episode begins…fine. The bit with Mr. Krabs is not as funny as it was likely meant to be, sadly. At least we’re seeing Perch Perkins! And I liked all the cameos from various muscled guys from previous episodes. And I liked that we got a “My leg!” gag, it’s been a while.

From here, SpongeBob and Patrick enter the scene, and the episode is just kinda boring for a while. The part where SpongeBob and Patrick are blindfolded lasts just a bit too long for me, and then when they do realize what’s going on (kind of, as Mr. Krabs still lies), that scene takes too long too. And it’s not even that the scenes are taking long, it’s that nothing funny is happening and so it feels like a drag. At least we get the setup to a brick joke later with the iron bun bit. Also, sidenote, but this cutaway scene is weird because why does it use a bubble transition? Those always imply time passing, but this is a cutaway flashback??? So that was a very odd thing that happened in this scene. Anyway, back to talking about the scene, more not funny things happen as SpongeBob and Patrick beg for names, and then start saying “yeah” and “woo” for way too long. I get why the second one happened, as the awkwardly long length is supposed to be the point, but as I keep saying, awkwardness is not funny on its own unless done correctly, and here it is not being done correctly.

Once the actual fight starts between SpongeBob and Patrick and the wrestlers, things do get at least a little better. I like how unfazed SpongeBob and Patrick are throughout this scene, it reminded me of “The Inmates of Summer”, and the bit with SpongeBob translating the guy’s scream was good. I also thought the mouthwash bit had some fun visuals. But I mean the scene still just felt empty, as there’s just almost no jokes at all. Even Mr. Krabs, who’s usually a highlight in slow, dull episodes, is not at his A-game today. It’s just a very sad affair. And then we get the rematch, and this is definitely an improvement. I love SpongeBob and Patrick’s bluster, it’s fun to watch, especially because of how not intimidating they actually are lol. And yes I am aware I am just explaining the joke, y’all should be used to this by now. This section again had some neat visuals, even more than last time, so that was nice. But again, not much to laugh at. Mr. Krabs’ utter exhaustion at SpongeBob and Patrick’s ineptitude is at least entertaining, and the visual of him being angry was really cool, I liked that a lot.

Finally, we get to the very last rematch, which is the part of the episode I actually remembered before rewatching (which I’m sure is the same for many others). The “sleeper hold” pun was cute. And it is in this scene that we get what is easily the most brilliant part of the episode, the brick joke with Patrick’s butt workout. See if the episode was filled with sharp humor like this, imagine what it could’ve been! Honestly, if it was filled with more fluid animation, imagine the kind of slapstick we could’ve been seeing. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Anyway, I really do like this joke, it was very well-crafted, and a good way to end this conflict. Seeing SpongeBob and Patrick win is cute, but it’s not exactly satisfying since they weren’t really struggling, as they were having fun the whole time. And there’s nothing wrong with that, but the extra element of satisfaction could’ve helped this episode out, as it very much needs all the help it can get. Now I will say that the ending of this episode is probably the best part, tied with the butt workout joke. I love how Mr. Krabs’ money is taken right out from under him as SpongeBob and Patrick are super excited to go to wrestle camp. Now that’s satisfying! And I love the way Mr. Krabs just falls apart. Reminds me of “Procrastination” or “Squid’s Day Off”.

In general, "Krusty Krushers" is just a kind of dull episode that I think could've been something great with some changes. Honestly, they probably would've needed to be major changes. The wrestling focus of the episode is good, but everything else after has at least one issue, so this whole episode could've been redone, in my opinion. There are some great moments in here, particularly at the last minute and a half, but other than that, it's kind of a bore, and isn't even visually interesting. So I'd say that this episode is perfect as a low "Okay".

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score:
6.4/10

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
Finally something some decent fries to wash off the taste of eating a nasty patty last time! i mostly like it because of patrick, the action, mr krabs commupeance i liked patrick i like the plot i like patrick... patrick... wait what was i talking about again?
8.5/10
1. Suction Cup Symphony (10/10)
2. Krabby Road (9.5/10)
3. Not Normal (9.5/10)
4. Krabby Kronicle (9/10)
5. House Fancy (9/10)
6. Patty Caper (9/10)
7. Life In A Day (8.5/10)
8. Spongebob Squarepants Vs The Big One (8.5/10)
9. The Slumber Party (8.5/10)
10. Krusty Krushers (8.5/10)
11. No Nose Knows (8.5/10)
12. Spongicus (7.5/10)
13. Giant Squidward (7.5/10)
14. Gone (7/10)
15. Grooming Gary
16. Penny Foolish (6.5/10)
17. Porous Pockets (5.5/10)
18. Sun Bleached (5.5/10)
19. Nautical Novice (4.5/10)
20. Plankton's Regular (1.5/10)