112b. Choir Boys

ThePineappleLord

Moby Dollar
Here are Mr. Enter's thoughts.

Warning: strong language.

mr__enter_s_notebook__choir_boys_by_mrenter-d79bi8r.png

Supmandude

Squog
Pretty funny episode. I think people who want to complain about Squid abuse ignore the older episodes too much as this goes no further than Culture Shock or Jellyfishing. All that happened here was he got stung and wasn't a good singer. Not a big deal. All in all I give it a 9.5/10, I'm taking .5 points off because SpongeBob could have been a little more likable, but he wasn't even close to as bad as everyone's saying.

Kerdem

Banished
In My Opinion This Episode Much Worse Then Boating Buddies And Squid's Visit I Really Like Those Episodes With Some Reasons.Spongebob Was Incredibly Annoying In This One.Also It Was a Earrape Seriously I Prefer Slide Whistles Over Spongebob's Awful Singing.Did I Have To Mention How Boring As Heck This Episode.There's No Good Jokes At All.There's An Similar Episode In Season 8 Called ''Smooth Jazz At Bikini Bottom'' But Its Not Terrible As This One.One Of The Worst Episodes Ever And Second Worst S6 IMO (Next To Truth Or Square)

-5/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
*Sees Aaron Springer wrote this*

AARON, WHY?! WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST SQUIDWARD?!

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Oh no. I don't know where to start. I don't know what should I say about this atrocious episode. It is way too horrible to talk about it. SpongeBob was one of his worst in this episode (A Pal for Gary will always be his worst performance, of course). Why he doesn't leave Squidward alone and make his day a bad one? People need to feel bad about Squidward in this episode. SpongeBob mentions that Patrick left somewhere (I forgot where), so he wants to play with Squidward. The "No" part was so annoying, which makes Squidward mad and SpongeBob doesn't care about it. SpongeBob could play with Gary or feed him, he could karate with Sandy, or could visit his parents? But no. Nope. The Squidward Abuse was much worse than in Boating Buddies. That creepy face of SpongeBob looks.... awful. The Choir Men were as horrible as SpongeBob was in this episode. The ending is one of the worst endings in the show. Worst Squidward Abuse episode ever. 1/10.

E.V.I.L said:
Wow, it's amazing how three years can change a general consensus. 0_o
I feel like as time goes on, people start to notice more flaws in an episode that you wouldn't notice after the first viewing.

PatStar2000 said:
I feel like as time goes on, people start to notice more flaws in an episode that you wouldn't notice after the first viewing.
I'm also shocked to find that most people thought of normally Squid abuse episodes as good.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
E.V.I.L said:
I'm also shocked to find that most people thought of normally Squid abuse episodes as good.
Part of it is that people tend to be more analytical when they rewatch something combined with what prominent YouTubers have said about these episodes. That's my theory anyway. This episode is still really annoying and not funny and for me, it has to do with the jokes they use in this and how Saturday Morning cartoon esque they feel, but hey, what do I really care if I don't feel motivated to rewatch many episodes of this show in the first place? My interests are clearly in other stuff right now.

President Squidward said:
Gordok posted it on the topic. The previous page, I think.
Oh yeah that one. I kinda think the rough drawing of that face looked better slightly. I actually prefer that face over the ones he made in Boating Buddies quite frankly.

It also seems like overtime, more and more people have really started treating Squidward as if he was someone we knew in real life to the point where we're getting mad and sad over such a fictional character.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Part of it is that people tend to be more analytical when they rewatch something combined with what prominent YouTubers have said about these episodes. That's my theory anyway. This episode is still really annoying and not funny and for me, it has to do with the jokes they use in this and how Saturday Morning cartoon esque they feel, but hey, what do I really care if I don't feel motivated to rewatch many episodes of this show in the first place? My interests are clearly in other stuff right now.
Aww, you still bother coming to SBM even if you don't gaf about SB. You're evolving. :sbface:

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I think that RSFness is starting to rub off on me. I come here more for the people and the community than the show itself. :P
Well, I must say, this has
a) happened you way quicker than average OR
b) you joined way earlier than I thought :P

E.V.I.L said:
Well, I must say, this has
a) happened you way quicker than average OR
b) you joined way earlier than I thought :P
I'd say not really watching the show for about 8 years besides for a couple of Season 6-7 episodes in 2009 is a big factor in why I'm able to unplug from the show so easily and not get too passionate about it or act like it's the absolute very best cartoon ever made, which I never thought it was. And people just can't stop talking about SpongeBob on YouTube so being on here helps me keep up with what those people are doing.

Also I didn't really watch any episodes like "House Fancy" or "Atlantis Squarepantis" until around this year nor had I ever heard of them before a certain YouTuber brought them up.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I'd say not really watching the show for about 8 years besides for a couple of Season 6-7 episodes in 2009 is a big factor in why I'm able to unplug from the show so easily and not get too passionate about it or act like it's the absolute very best cartoon ever made, which I never thought it was. And people just can't stop talking about SpongeBob on YouTube so being on here helps me keep up with what those people are doing.

Also I didn't really watch any episodes like "House Fancy" or "Atlantis Squarepantis" until around this year nor had I ever heard of them before a certain YouTuber brought them up.
Personally, once you're on SBM for a while, if you stop caring about SB and develop enough spamming lel moments, it's quite difficult to leave. I mean, I couldn't really imagine it right now. :patgross:

Back