112b. Choir Boys

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
I love this one! The throat clearing did get annoying, but it wasn't too bad. And if Squid won, then they would have used it too much. Squidward winning is cool, but only if it's rare. If he won 3 times a season, it would get boring fast, and then no one would care about him anymore. 8/10.

I actually liked this episode. It's not one of my favorite episodes but It's not one of the worst episodes either. I thought SpongeBob's voice was great in this episode. SpongeBob's face after jellyfishes lift him was hilarious. Jellyfishes attacking Squidward was funny. The ending was really funny. There were some flaws in this episode too. There were some boring parts in this episode and Squidward cleaning his thoar was very annoying. I also felt bad for Squidward at the end but In my opinion, It's still a decent episode. 7.5/10

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
This episode? THIS had to air! Just another Squid abuse filled episode with Spongebob at one of his worst performances. Plus it's nightmare fuel.

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=lZ2COCXrODxSFYCEqEiWUgwc%2B0DDDLrhuAagaS2WeNs%3D

No. Just no! And people say Face Freeze is nightmare fuel. That's not NEARLY as bad as what this episode had to offer!

Rating: 0/10!!!!

Worst Character: The cubic creeper himself

Worst Moment: Look above.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
This episode is just plain annoying. As for SpongeBob's singing, he has been shown in other episodes to be a surprisingly good singer (Band Geeks, Ripped Pants, Pizza Delivery), but this episode overdoes it a bit. The whole voice-of-the-gods thing he has going on here borders on Gary Stu territory.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Meh. Not good but not completely terrible or unwatchable. SpongeBob could get pretty annoying and that gag where he's dressed up as a traffic cop shouldn't have been used. "Suction Cup Symphony" is a way better episode. 5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Oh, no! Not this episode! Seriously, were the writers brain-dead when they came up with this?! This episode wasn't interesting at all, and is very bland, annoying, and uninteresting. Plus, this was easily one of SpongeBob's worst roles ever in an episode. He was an annoying moron, and kept on bothering Squidward! If I were Squidward, I'd take SpongeBob, and beat the living heck out of him! Also, the gag with SpongeBob and Squidward clearing their throats for a LONG time was just a stupid time-filler, was highly painful to hear, and drove me insane! Another major problem is SpongeBob "beautiful" singing. It was way to overhyped. I mean, come on! It wasn't THAT good. And, what's with SpongeBob's overly puffy cheeks in this episode? That just contributed to the weirdness in this episode. And, most importantly, what was with that SCARY face SpongeBob randomly had when the jellyfish?! Was THAT supposed to be funny or something? Because, sarcastically speaking, it scared the crap out of me so much I forgot to laugh. And, the whole episode is resolved with SpongeBob singing in the choir, and Squidward has to turn the pages for the music sheets? That's your best idea for ending this abysmal episode? The plot was idiotic, the jokes were bland, there were too many time-fillers, SpongeBob was an absolute moron, had no redeeming qualities, and the episode was uninspiring. I didn't laugh AT ALL. Here's a word of advice, Squiward: if you see SpongeBob lying around bored, don't talk to him or make eye contact. Just continue with your life. 0/10 One of the worst episodes ever.

Ignore my old post. My thoughs on this episode changed. I hate this episode now and It's on my bottom 20. This episode was very annoying, boring, badly-written and It had Squidward abuse. Thanks to SpongeBob, Squidward's best day ruined and he didn't even deserve it. SpongeBob's singing wasn't very annoying (It was a little irritating though) but throat-cleaning gag was so annoying. the humor in this episode was stupid and all characters, except Squidward are unlikeable in this episode. SpongeBob's cheeks are biggers again (ugggghhh, one of season 6's flaws) and SpongeBob's face when jellyfished pick him up was very disturbing and much worse than SpongeBob's creepy face in Boating Buddies. The ending was very terrible for Squidward because he had to turn the pages for the music sheets, while SpongeBob was singing at the concert and I really felt bad for him. This episode has a few postives too. I laughed at the part when SpongeBob pretented to be a singing traffic cop and even though SpongeBob was unlikeable in this episode, he at least wanted Squidward to appear at the concert. That was nice but It's terrible, If Squidward has to turn the pages for the music sheets. I think Choir Men wanted Squidward to do this and not sing at the concert. So I hated Choir Men more than SpongeBob in this episode. Overall, this is one of the worst season 6 episodes ever and a good example of why season 6 is the worst season. Also this is the second worst Squidward abuse episode ever, the worst is still Squid's Visit. 1.5/10

I just expect the worst whenever I see Aaron Springer's name on any of these post movie episodes now, especially when he's either teamed up with Rich Pursel or Dani Michaeli. Granted he's no longer on the show and has done good work on the new Mickey Mouse shorts but a lot of these terrible episodes have his name credited. I think if I dare to watch this episode again my opinion of it might change.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I just expect the worst whenever I see Aaron Springer's name on any of these post movie episodes now, especially when he's either teamed up with Rich Pursel or Dani Michaeli. Granted he's no longer on the show and has done good work on the new Mickey Mouse shorts but a lot of these terrible episodes have his name credited. I think if I dare to watch this episode again my opinion of it might change.
I think he is a meh writer. While he wrote some of my least favorite episodes, he wrote some of great post movie episodes episodes too like Skill Crane, The Two Faces of Squidward, Komputer Overload, Greesy Buffons, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Drive Thru, Sweet and Sour Squid, Hello Bikini Bottom.

SB_DW_Fan said:
I think he is a meh writer. While he wrote some of my least favorite episodes, he wrote some of great post movie episodes episodes too like Skill Crane, The Two Faces of Squidward, Komputer Overload, Greesy Buffons, Enchanted Tiki Dreams, Drive Thru, Sweet and Sour Squid, Hello Bikini Bottom.
I can't argue with Skill Crane, Komputer Overload, and Two Faces of Squidward, the first and last one being two of my favorite episodes from the post movie era. I remember Greasy Buffoons being a bit meh and I will check out Sweet and Sour Squid and Hello Bikini Bottom.

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I love the ending where he's lifted up by the jellyfish. That alone makes this a quality episode. 9/10.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Hey Spongebob writers? Can you try to tone down on the Squidward Torture episodes? I mean we are tired of seeing the only likeable character on the show anymore getting beat up so much. And this episode reeks of Squidward torture. And the face at the end. Uck. I having Face Freeze flashbacks. P.S can you stop having Spongebob so annoying? :nono:

I change my mind. Episode is filled with bad jokes and an annoying, unlikable SpongeBob. Definitely worthy of being one of the worst episodes in the series. Ugh. Pretty much "Professor Squidward" level bad except a bit worse.

Back