111. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One

Negative Nancy

Flying Dutchman's Sock

Hi. As some of you have noticed by now, I hate The Big One.
tongue.gif
The other day, this episode was being broadcast, so I decided that maybe I would like it better the second time. After watching the full episode, :yuck: Why?

-The characters introduced in this episode- the locals, were awful. Modernized, and not very Spongebob-like.
-The music seemed to be out of place and missing in some parts of the episode.
-Mr. Krabs and Sandy really didn't need to be in the episode at all, as they do not connect to the main plot at all. A sort of time taker-upper.
-So, The Flying Dutchman just lives out in the middle of the ocean, without a shelter or anything? What happened to his ship?
-What? Why the different Narrator? Not just anyone can narrate Spongebob, y'know D:
-The end was just awful. If mister Johnny Depp is such a good surfer, why would he be stupid enough to sacrifice himself to try to save cashy? D:
Oh, but then a couple of minutes later, he comes out of the water, PERFECTLY FINE :mad: :mad:

0/10

What do you think of this episode? Discuss SB vs. TBO

I am the cheese

I PITY 'DA CHEESE!
Hi. As some of you have noticed by now, I hate The Big One. :P The other day, this episode was being broadcast, so I decided that maybe I would like it better the second time. After watching the full episode, @_@ Why?

-The characters introduced in this episode- the locals, were awful. Modernized, and not very Spongebob-like. Exactly how?
-The music seemed to be out of place and missing in some parts of the episode. No, it seemed perfectly appropriate
-Mr. Krabs and Sandy really didn't need to be in the episode at all, as they do not connect to the main plot at all. A sort of time taker-upper. They had to TAKE STUFF AWAY from the episode, so it CERTAINLY wasn't a time taker-upper
-So, The Flying Dutchman just lives out in the middle of the ocean, without a shelter or anything? What happened to his ship? He haunts that area of the ocean, and ghosts can travel fast to different locations
-What? Why the different Narrator? Not just anyone can narrate Spongebob, y'know D: I guess a little...but I doubt anyone cares that much about the narrator's voice...
-The end was just awful. If mister Johnny Depp is such a good surfer, why would he be stupid enough to sacrifice himself to try to save cashy? D:
Oh, but then a couple of minutes later, he comes out of the water, PERFECTLY FINE :P :mad: Because the Big One ALWAYS needs to take on person with him. That's why he went into the wave, and do to his skill was able to get out

0/10

And really? A ZERO?? Seesh, even I give The Splinter a 0.5....

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
I LOVED THIS ONE. My favorite SB special of all time. :mad:

Well, without them, the episode gets very boring. And hello, Davy Jones?[/color]
-So, The Flying Dutchman just lives out in the middle of the ocean, without a shelter or anything? What happened to his ship? How do you know he lives there? He's probably taking the groceries back to his ship.
Oh, but then a couple of minutes later, he comes out of the water, PERFECTLY FINE @_@ :P
Even without Cashy, someone had to be sacraficed for the wave to take them home. And why WOULDN'T you want him back?

Ocean Man

search:party:animal
Well, I agree. The episode itself wasn't very good, however, the Davy Jones scene totally made up for everything. One of the funniest moments of the whole show.

The Cartoon

Moby Dollar
Sorry, but I COMPLETELY disagree. I give the episode a 10/10. I don't have time to go into a lot of detail (I will tomorrow) but for now I only have one thing to say. Davy Jones' appearance was one of the best moments in Spongebob history. It was classic Spongebob for the first time in a while and the whole episode was. I don't know how you could possibly think it didn't feel like Spongebob unless you've only seen Seasons 4-6.

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
Hi. As some of you have noticed by now, I hate The Big One. :P The other day, this episode was being broadcast, so I decided that maybe I would like it better the second time. After watching the full episode, :P Why?

-The characters introduced in this episode- the locals, were awful. Modernized, and not very Spongebob-like.
The characters were awesome, but they needed a bit more screentime.

-The music seemed to be out of place and missing in some parts of the episode.
I did hate that song, and the ending song had no words. Plus the ending hapenned too fast, so you're right here.
-Mr. Krabs and Sandy really didn't need to be in the episode at all, as they do not connect to the main plot at all. A sort of time taker-upper.
They did. Krabs made the Dutchman angry, which summoned the Big One, if you paid close attention.
-So, The Flying Dutchman just lives out in the middle of the ocean, without a shelter or anything? What happened to his ship?
He guards Davy Jone's locker and lives there (as his home-away-from-home, his home being his ship) as seen in "Born Again Krabs". That locker was below the goo ocean, naming it Dutchman's triangle because that's where the Dutchman guarded the locker.
-What? Why the different Narrator? Not just anyone can narrate Spongebob, y'know D:
It was surfing legend Bruce Brown, in a spoof of 1960's-style surf training videos.
Who cares? And he probably knew Krabs wanted it badly. Plus, he didn't sacrifice himself until after that. He still had a chance to save himself.
Oh, but then a couple of minutes later, he comes out of the water, PERFECTLY FINE :mad: :mad:
So what? It's a cartoon. Big deal. It was funny, that's all that matters.
0/10

Well, I agree. The episode itself wasn't very good, however, the Davy Jones scene totally made up for everything. One of the funniest moments of the whole show.
You're a daydream believer, and a homecoming queen...

It's FOR a daydream believer...

SpOnGeFaN818

Wumbologist
I haven't seen this episode yet, but I know for sure that a 0/10 is RESERVED for the very worst things out there, and there are SO MANY worse things than SB VS. TBO. If you don't believe that, watch Garbage Pail Kids, Disaster Movie, and the Love Guru, and then tell me what your new rating is. :P

I am the cheese

I PITY 'DA CHEESE!
I haven't seen this episode yet, but I know for sure that a 0/10 is RESERVED for the very worst things out there, and there are SO MANY worse things than SB VS. TBO. If you don't believe that, watch Garbage Pail Kids, Disaster Movie, and the Love Guru, and then tell me what your new rating is. :P
Do not even SAY the word Garbage Pail Kids in my presence. That movie scared me.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I saw like 2 minutes at the end but other than that have not seen it. :tonguexd: I am so out of the loop. The 2 minutes I DID see were...fair at best, I hope the rest of the episode is better.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.

I am the cheese

I PITY 'DA CHEESE!

Spongefifi

Derpina
I love this special a lot, and sorry Negative Nancy, but I think you don't know what you're talking about, that or you hate SpongeBob. How about focusing on the good parts of the episode? which, by the way, there are plenty! So, bleh to your opinion <_<

Oh, and it's TO a daydream believer :P

Negative Nancy

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I love this special a lot, and sorry Negative Nancy, but I think you don't know what you're talking about, that or you hate SpongeBob. How about focusing on the good parts of the episode? which, by the way, there are plenty! So, bleh to your opinion <_<

Oh, and it's TO a daydream believer ;)
What 'good parts' might those be? I didn't see anything in there that appealed to me. :P :)

And I don't hate SpongeBob, just Season 5-6 :P

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll

Oh, and it's TO a daydream believer :)
What 'good parts' might those be? I didn't see anything in there that appealed to me. :P :P
If that's the case, then YOU ARE NOT HUMAN. ;)

Back