110a. The Slumber Party

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I really like this episode, and I think that it is from the few ones that i laughed from Season 6, it was pretty good to watch, and recommend it to everyone that hasn't seen it yet, I really liked the sign ''No Boys Allowed'' and Spongebob with the root beer, Overall 9/10! <3

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Along with Krabby Road and Chum Bucket Supreme this is one of the only season 6-ers I find genuinely funny. Everyone is characterized as the should and there is a lot of great comedy with the situation. Surprised by some of the mixed reception but opinions are opinions.

8.5/10

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Girly TeenGirl: I am so moving back to Farawayville!
Krabs: Who was that?
SpongeBob: I don't know, but she was ugleeeeee!

This was a decent episode, especially "Girly TeenGirl" and the pizza gag.
7/10.

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This episode is okay. Yes, Pearl was acting like a.... impatient person, but SpongeBob saves it with his multiple characters, and at least he's not doing anything terrible (but he'll have more moments later, trust me..) Otherwise, meh. 6.1/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Boring, unfunny, and terrible Pearl characterization. I only say this episode is okay because SpongeBob actually makes it better with his little gimmicks. The episode would have been good if it weren't;t for the ending, which just ruined the episode all over again. 6/10.

It's decent. I liked the whole vibe of this episode, and there were a few funny jokes, but I would have liked it better if they focused more on Pearl, and less on SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Caper (A+)
2. Krabby Road (A)
3. Not Normal (A)
4. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
5. The Slumber Party (B)
6. A Life in a Day (B)
7. Gone (B)
8. No Nose Knows (B)
9. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
10. House Fancy (C)
11. Giant Squidward (C)
12. Spongicus (C)
13. Plankton's Regular (C)
14. Nautical Novice (C)
15. Penny Foolish (D)
16. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
17. Sun Bleached (D)
18. The Splinter (F)
19. Boating Buddies (F)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is basically No Weenies Allowed except it's even more funny. Seriously, I was laughing pretty much for the entire episode.

Amazing Episode (9.5/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This was a very entertaining episode. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this came out of season 6. Good job, writers!

9/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I like this one. Of course I don't think it deserves a 9/10 anymore, (what was I even thinking???) but this is still quite a funny episode. Everyone is surprisingly in character, and while I do think Pearl is a little annoying in this episode, she has some good moments here. I think the whole zombie stuff at the end was kinda unnecessary, but eh, it doesn't really matter that much.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Not Normal (8)
2. The Slumber Party (7)
3. Krabby Road (7)
4. House Fancy (6)
5. Patty Caper (6)
6. A Life in a Day (6)
7. Spongicus (5)
8. Nautical Novice (5)
9. Plankton's Regular (5)
10. No Nose Knows (5)
11. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
12. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
13. Sun Bleached (4)
14. Penny Foolish (4)
15. Gone (4)
16. Giant Squidward (4)
17. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
18. The Splinter (3)
19. Boating Buddies (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Nope! This one didnt faze me Pearl is rude here and plus its boring.

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Patty Caper (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Well it’s pretty funny that I’m hitting "Slumber Party" now, after a scene from this episode started trending big time on Twitter. It's pretty much died down now, but that was a pretty funny meme while it was going on lol, like there was discourse surrounding the scene (all in good fun, of course).

This episode hooks me in immediately with the gorgeous opening shot. I feel like it’s been so long since we’ve had a gorgeous background for me to point out (I mean all backgrounds in this show look great, but there hasn’t been any particularly spectacular ones in a while). Anyway, I like that we get Pearl in this episode, since it’s been a while since we’ve seen her in any substantial capacity too. This first scene between her and Mr. Krabs is alright, though the pizza joke was pretty funny. And then the whole wall of rules is just funny in its absurdity, not to mention reminds me of my own dad in a way. And at the end of this whole scene, I’m lucky enough to receive a second gorgeous background!! It’s basically my birthday at this point my oh my. But seriously, when Pearl locks Mr. Krabs out of the house, I’m basically clapping because yeah, he kinda deserved that. Not that there’s anything necessarily morally wrong with him being an overprotective dad, but it’s that plus his cheapness that really warrants these extreme measures.

SpongeBob’s excitement over having Mr. Krabs over for their own little slumber party is super cute, and makes me think about how few times Mr. Krabs has gone to SpongeBob’s house (which makes sense because they technically only know each other in a work-related capacity, but of course this is a cartoon and so we’re moving beyond all kinds of workplace boundaries to where they’re basically friends? father and son? both?). The movie they watch is…fine. It’s not exactly entertaining and we don’t cut to SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs’ reactions enough in my opinion. And yeah I guess I’ll just give my expect soapbox moment of I don’t like the heteronormative agenda in this episode but like y’all know I feel that way by now so I don’t see much of a need to say it, much less expand on it lol.

Anyway, I loved the bit of clear irony with Mr. Krabs destroying all of SpongeBob’s stuff…if only SpongeBob had more self-respect, because I’d kick Mr. Krabs out the second he got near my TV. And then we get the bit that everyone’s been talking about on Twitter, and I think Twitter has helped me find it even funnier than I already did LMAO. Poor Girly TeenGirl. And then the whole bit with the pizza was absolutely hysterical, especially once SpongeBob’s cover is blown, and Mr. Krabs leaves him in the dust.

Like last episode, poor SpongeBob is made to be the butt-monkey as Mr. Krabs threatens him with firing. But that’s fine, because I know Mr. Krabs will eventually get his. As I wait, I’m at least treated to some fun slapstick. At this point, everyone should know not to leave SpongeBob with anything even remotely destructive, as it takes him basically 10 seconds to use Mr. Krabs root beer to his advantage. And I love how he basically becomes the zombie that’s been referenced all episode, that’s some good writing there, particularly in how that same zombie movie was on much earlier in the episode, but we cut away before even getting to the actual zombies. Anyway, long story short is, absolutely deserved to see Mr. Krabs root beer and house getting ruined.

The ending of this episode is great too, with Mr. Krabs now being forced to pay for Pearl’s new party. Shoulda just left them alone Mr. Krabs…shoulda just left them alone.

There really isn't much else for me to say about this episode. I thought it was at least enjoyable. While I am...disappointed that I didn't get the gratification of SpongeBob standing up to Mr. Krabs like I did during the last episode, I at least got some fun slapstick to make up for SpongeBob having to go along with Mr. Krabs' plans. I also felt this episode wasn't particularly funny or anything, but still generally alright to watch. So it's a good fit for my "Good" tier.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.5/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Well it’s pretty funny that I’m hitting "Slumber Party" now, after a scene from this episode started trending big time on Twitter. It's pretty much died down now, but that was a pretty funny meme while it was going on lol, like there was discourse surrounding the scene (all in good fun, of course).
#justiceforgirlyteengirl

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
The first time I watched this I thought it was one of the best season 6 episodes but now I think its a 7.5/10 a few issues I have Is the root beer monster thing it was disturbing and mr krabs was a bit unlikeable at times but aside from that I love a lot of the jokes and girly teen girl is the best character in the show

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
The first time I watched this I thought it was one of the best season 6 episodes but now I think its a 7.5/10 a few issues I have Is the root beer monster thing it was disturbing and mr krabs was a bit unlikeable at times but aside from that I love a lot of the jokes and girly teen girl is the best character in the show
still holds up its a 8.5 now
8.5/10
1. Suction Cup Symphony (10/10)
2. Krabby Road (9.5/10)
3. Not Normal (9.5/10)
4. Krabby Kronicle (9/10)
5. House Fancy (9/10)
6. Patty Caper (9/10)
7. Life In A Day (8.5/10)
8. The Slumber Party (8.5/10)
9 No Nose Knows (8.5/10)
10. Spongicus (7.5/10)