10th Season Confirmed!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Strange how Nick hasn't issued a press release about this. I had been wondering if S9 was going to be the last because normally we would have had news of a new season by now. Maybe they're waiting for a better time to announce it? (What with the recent bad press about Nick's ratings lately.)

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Errrr . . . .
No, it's right. The first number is the total episodes after their presumed number of episodes ordered for season 10, the second number is the total episodes after season 9.

A lot of shows end by the time they get around to a 10th or 11th season, so I think this could be our final outing of SpongeBob. Surely they have enough episodes and specials by now anyway to repeat until the end of time. And of course it will mean they will have more time to focus on the new movie.

Patrick NotStar

Floating Shopping List
Wow, double digits now. I'm thinking Spongebob will sort of "never end" meaning that it will be like Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo where reiterations of the show are continually being made and what not. It's made a big enough impact on the world where it most likely won't just be forgotten and never touched again even after it's "ended."

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Hm. This source comes from Bryan Alford, who I trust, but something sounds iffy about this for some reason.As said before, why wouldn't Nick publish a press release for this? Also, Season 9's gonna air sometime this year. If the crew does what they did last movie, they'll halt production on the show to work on the movie. Is Season 10 gonna air after the movie? Because if they work on the film simeltaneously with a new Season, I'm gonna be worried for the movie.

If it is true, I still don't know about S10. If Season 9 is better than Season 8, then I'll love it. It all depends on Season 9 for me. *crosses fingers*

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Hm. This source comes from Bryan Alford, who I trust, but something sounds iffy about this for some reason.As said before, why wouldn't Nick publish a press release for this? Also, Season 9's gonna air sometime this year. If the crew does what they did last movie, they'll halt production on the show to work on the movie. Is Season 10 gonna air after the movie? Because if they work on the film simeltaneously with a new Season, I'm gonna be worried for the movie.

The Simpsons worked on the series and the movie simeltaneously, and the movie still managed to be successful. I feel that the SpongeBob crew will work on the episodes and the movie at the same time, as Season 4 wasn't announced until the first movie had finished production. But at least now we know that the 2nd movie will not end the series. :)

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I also wonder, since it says the show will have 241 episodes, Season 10 should technically bring the show to 230 episodes. Does that mean Season 11 may have also been ordered?

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
The Simpsons worked on the series and the movie simeltaneously, and the movie still managed to be successful. I feel that the SpongeBob crew will work on the episodes and the movie at the same time, as Season 4 wasn't announced until the first movie had finished production. But at least now we know that the 2nd movie will not end the series. :)
Ah, but The Simpsons Movie had been in development since almost the Fourth Season. They had about thirteen years to make it. :magicwink: This time around the crew has two years to make the movie, and the last time a movie was made, they needed to stop production on the show. I have no idea how that's going to work for the new writers, if they have to write episodes and make a good movie.

I just hope it goes well. And.... the 2nd Movie won't end the series? :( That heightens the chance that the show will just die out without a series finale. Sad.

jjsthekid

Banished
I also wonder, since it says the show will have 241 episodes, Season 10 should technically bring the show to 230 episodes. Does that mean Season 11 may have also been ordered?

Apparently, Season 10 is going to have 37 episodes, instead of the normal 20 or 26. I do not know why.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Apparently, Season 10 is going to have 37 episodes, instead of the normal 20 or 26. I do not know why.
That was what seemed fishy about the whole thing. The weird episode numbers (not just for Spongebob; for every show: BTR, Victorious). I'm gonna wait for an actual press release for Season 10 and take this with a grain of salt for now.

jjsthekid

Banished
That was what seemed fishy about the whole thing. The weird episode numbers (not just for Spongebob; for every show: BTR, Victorious). I'm gonna wait for an actual press release for Season 10 and take this with a grain of salt for now.

The info came from Viacom’s MTV Networks International distribution website, according to Bryan. Maybe Nick is going to wait a bit (it could take a few days for them to leak it out).

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I understand why you don't fully trust this, but a similar situation happened with Season 6. At the time it was first announced, Nickelodeon only ordered 13 episodes for the season, and extended the number of episodes a year later, as well as ordering a 7th season. Perhaps this is a similar issue.

Cha

I love SBM
There could be a seperate crew for making the movie and making episodes. Hopefully the main guys in charge will look over both. I'm excited for this sudden Season 10 now. If the show does go beyond the movie and inches pasts episodes of Season 10.... will they keep going? Like Jibbix noted I hope the series doesn't die out either. I just realized the show doesn't necessarly end out with a big bang because the movie is technially the last episode. (Still some fans could be confused if they did not know this). Not that it will, the first movie gained much popularity for the show, but still thinking about Season 10 is just mind boggling. Will there be a huge change that will happen in the movie? I mean, the show isn't known for blowing out a new recurring thing, but there is always room for a chance that they could. Pokemon has had alot of movies if I am correct and is still going. Will SpongeBob be a show reaching beyond decades? Who knows. This is a huge preview for what the future of SpongeBob SquarePants might have in store. I just hope that Season 9 and 10 will run smoothly and not be another season that could be very disliked by fans as Season 6 was.

So for right now, I am just hoping that Season 9 carries out smoothly to the movie and that if season 10 is going to be after the movie that it will run smoothly too.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
No, it's right. The first number is the total episodes after their presumed number of episodes ordered for season 10, the second number is the total episodes after season 9.

A lot of shows end by the time they get around to a 10th or 11th season, so I think this could be our final outing of SpongeBob. Surely they have enough episodes and specials by now anyway to repeat until the end of time. And of course it will mean they will have more time to focus on the new movie.
Ooohh now I get it! thanks, PhillipB

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Honestly, I don't think Spongebob is a type of show that caan really be revived like Scooby-Doo or Tom And Jerry, despite the fact that it's humor is about on-par with those cartoons. My reasoning? Scooby-Doo is a show about teenagers with quirky personalities that go around solving mysteries. That's it. Any reboot can take any character, put them anywhere, make them do pretty much anything, but as long as it's teens going around solving mysteries, it's still Scooby-Doo.

Tom And Jerry boils down to a cat chasing a mouse and failing. They can have Tom and Jerry be aliens trying to stop an evil dictator from the planet Leela, but at the end of the day, if Tom is still trying (and failing) to eat Jerry, it'll still be Tom And Jerry. But, for Spongebob, what can you really do? Spongebob has too many restrictive things that make him Spongebob. The underwater setting. The hawaiian/APM music. The characters. The Krusty Krab, The Treedome, Jellyfish fields? Any reboot can't take that stuff away, or it's not Spongebob anymore.

Take for example, Rugrats. The main draw? They're babies getting into relateable situations! They're juxtaposed as adults at times, too! The series got continually worse, and then there was All Grown Up, which took away the main draw. They're not babies juxtaposed as adults anymore; they're angst filled teens! People watched the 1st episode, if just to see how the Rugrats were as teens. After that, the series pretty much stuttered out and failed.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. If there was a way to re-incorporate Spongebob, it couldn't really work without taking away Spongebob's multiple draws. Spongebob has a set setting and tampering with that makes him not Spongebob anymore. However, it's probably just my restrictively uncreativ mind. There might be a way to make Spongebob a Looney Tunes-esque thing. But for now, I'm just glad that the series is still going (and rising in quality).

Back