10b. F.U.N.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Plankton really carries this episode. The first quarter or so of this episode is pretty boring, but the moment we switch over to Plankton's lab the episode gets really good. The dynamic between Spongebob and Plankton is really funny, and I kinda wish we got more episodes like this without Spongebob seeming like a total lab rat to Plankton. Their interactions are really great here. I'm kind of indifferent on the ending, but it doesn't really ruin the episode for me. This is still a really fun watch.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Opposite Day (9)
3. Pickles (9)
4. Help Wanted (9)
5. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
6. Plankton! (8)
7. Sandy's Rocket (8)
8. F.U.N. (8)
9. Hall Monitor (8)
10. Ripped Pants (8)
11. Jellyfish Jam (7)
12. Tea at the Treedome (7)
13. Culture Shock (7)
14. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
15. Boating School (7)
16. Bubblestand (7)
17. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (6)
18. Reef Blower (6)
19. Squeaky Boots (6)
20. Nature Pants (5)
21. Jellyfishing (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
9/10

I like this episode. It's got some memorable things in it, like Bubble Bass and the FUN song. The twist wasn't the best though, and there's only a few jokes that I find memorable. But I do find Mr. Krabs funny and good, so there's that. Overall, this episode's good.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
F.U.N: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Culture Shock: (7.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Opposite Day: (6/10)
Nature Pants: (4.5/10)
Sandy's Rocket: (4.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Squeaky Boots: (3.5/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode really was F.U.N.! The song was cool.

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
F.U.N. (Amazing!)
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Opposite Day (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
Squeaky Boots (Great)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Culture Shock (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Sandy's Rocket (Meh)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)
Nature Pants (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got another cult classic! "F.U.N." is quite aptly named, given what a fun episode it is! We get to see more of Plankton, which is definitely a win. He's one of those characters that I rarely take issue with, so him being in an episode is usually a good thing for me. This episode is also such a good showcase of SpongeBob's character. The little dude is just so loveable and friendly and he cares so much about the people around him. I love main characters that are literally sunshine personified, so I am very pleased by the way this episode plays out.

The beginning of this episode is a fun little chase sequence, and is appropriately dramatic throughout. I love all the little bits of visual comedy throughout the scene of SpongeBob chasing Plankton. The ending of the scene, with SpongeBob going on about something so pure that it makes Plankton give up out of frustration, is just a perfect display of their dynamic. I also love the part with all the townspeople randomly showing up to roast Plankton (Squidward especially is hilarious here), and then celebrate SpongeBob in a masterful example of SpongeBob SquarePants's underrated talent at random comedy. The way everyone just walks off is hilarious too.

SpongeBob's attempt to befriend Plankton is adorable, especially how he just continues where he left off even after having the door slam in his face. And then of course we get to the F.U.N. song, the show's second original song, and it's amazing. I'd say this is by far the most iconic song in the show, but it's definitely got some steep competition (Campfire Song Song, Ripped Pants, and Gary Come Home are all also massively popular), so I can see an argument being made for those songs as well.

The remainder of the episode is great too, with Mr. Krabs trying to get Plankton to crack, and then him trying to get SpongeBob to see Plankton for what he assumes he really is. I especially love the dramatics when the truth comes out. Like SpongeBob, I can't help but find myself a little saddened that Mr. Krabs was right in the end, because even though I know the ending, I always maintain that small piece of hope that Plankton will change, because I love his dynamic with SpongeBob and I find it adorable when they're friends. And to be fair, I get my wish in the future anyway. Plankton may not change, but especially in more recent episodes, he's got a pretty decent relationship with the cast and SpongeBob especially. This only really started happening after Plankton became a main character though (which makes sense, he's gotta have something more than a completely negative relationship with everyone if he's going to appear a lot).

One thing that works really well in this episode is the pacing. Nothing feels too long or feel short, and it all feels natural. This episode has a lot more plot than a normal SpongeBob episode I feel, and it works well here.

Probably unsurprisingly, this episode sits squarely in my "Amazing" tier, because I've really got no problems with it. It's funny and adorable throughout, with a good ending.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.4/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, we've got another cult classic! "F.U.N." is quite aptly named, given what a fun episode it is! We get to see more of Plankton, which is definitely a win. He's one of those characters that I rarely take issue with, so him being in an episode is usually a good thing for me. This episode is also such a good showcase of SpongeBob's character. The little dude is just so loveable and friendly and he cares so much about the people around him. I love main characters that are literally sunshine personified, so I am very pleased by the way this episode plays out.

The beginning of this episode is a fun little chase sequence, and is appropriately dramatic throughout. I love all the little bits of visual comedy throughout the scene of SpongeBob chasing Plankton. The ending of the scene, with SpongeBob going on about something so pure that it makes Plankton give up out of frustration, is just a perfect display of their dynamic. I also love the part with all the townspeople randomly showing up to roast Plankton (Squidward especially is hilarious here), and then celebrate SpongeBob in a masterful example of SpongeBob SquarePants's underrated talent at random comedy. The way everyone just walks off is hilarious too.

SpongeBob's attempt to befriend Plankton is adorable, especially how he just continues where he left off even after having the door slam in his face. And then of course we get to the F.U.N. song, the show's second original song, and it's amazing. I'd say this is by far the most iconic song in the show, but it's definitely got some steep competition (Campfire Song Song, Ripped Pants, and Gary Come Home are all also massively popular), so I can see an argument being made for those songs as well.

The remainder of the episode is great too, with Mr. Krabs trying to get Plankton to crack, and then him trying to get SpongeBob to see Plankton for what he assumes he really is. I especially love the dramatics when the truth comes out. Like SpongeBob, I can't help but find myself a little saddened that Mr. Krabs was right in the end, because even though I know the ending, I always maintain that small piece of hope that Plankton will change, because I love his dynamic with SpongeBob and I find it adorable when they're friends. And to be fair, I get my wish in the future anyway. Plankton may not change, but especially in more recent episodes, he's got a pretty decent relationship with the cast and SpongeBob especially. This only really started happening after Plankton became a main character though (which makes sense, he's gotta have something more than a completely negative relationship with everyone if he's going to appear a lot).

One thing that works really well in this episode is the pacing. Nothing feels too long or feel short, and it all feels natural. This episode has a lot more plot than a normal SpongeBob episode I feel, and it works well here.

Probably unsurprisingly, this episode sits squarely in my "Amazing" tier, because I've really got no problems with it. It's funny and adorable throughout, with a good ending.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.4/10
i noticed that SpongeBob acts way more childish in season 1, than in seasons 2 and 3

great review, the episode is super wholesome

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Ah, I'm actually watching this episode right now as I write this! A big nostalgia episode, I had a Season 1 disk at one point (until my mom got rid of it...), and me and my sister would sit there and watch that one disk. And this is one of the episodes I very vividly remember watching.

Most SpongeBob fans know about this episode, it's a classic after all, and most people can't help but remember the "F.U.N. Song", which I remember my sister singing all the time to drive me insane. I wish I was joking. But looking at it now, I really love this episode, I didn't give it enough appreciation when I was younger (proving a point to 7 year old me).

"How does it feel to be the most hated thing in Bikini Bottom? Hurts, doesn't it?". We start off with the instrumental "F.U.N. Song" for the title card, and then start off with Plankton causing chaos. And you guys probably know how I feel about Plankton episodes, I love them (all except for One Coarse Meal, that was a Plankton episode they really screwed up). So Plankton being my favorite character, seeing him here was nice. But they really do make it clear how much the rest of Bikini Bottom hates Plankton. Of course, I can't blame them, as Friend or Foe wouldn't come out for a long time, no one has even seen or heard of the other side of the story. Man, what's up with me and liking hated characters? But anyways "I think your a- LOSER!". I really do like how SpongeBob was genuinely trying to give Plankton a chance.

Looking at it, maybe at some point, there was a chance at Plankton becoming good? Maybe not, but that was a huge plot twist to 6 year old me. I thought he really may have changed. Of course, keep in mind, these were some of the first episodes I ever watched. Even though by the time I was born, Season 7 was in it's middle, I mostly watched the first 3 seasons because they were on the disks.

So as the episode continues, we get to hear the famed "F.U.N. Song". And one of my all time favorite parts, "F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for uranium... bombs! N is for no survivors, WHEN YOU-" I quote it frequently.
DOWN IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA

In the ending part, with Plankton's betrayal, that really was a big plot twist to younger me, as I mentioned earlier. Also I liked the "nothing will ever tear us apart" joke when Plankton ran into the screen.

So overall, I'll give this episode a solid 10/10.

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
Ah, I'm actually watching this episode right now as I write this! A big nostalgia episode, I had a Season 1 disk at one point (until my mom got rid of it...), and me and my sister would sit there and watch that one disk. And this is one of the episodes I very vividly remember watching.

Most SpongeBob fans know about this episode, it's a classic after all, and most people can't help but remember the "F.U.N. Song", which I remember my sister singing all the time to drive me insane. I wish I was joking. But looking at it now, I really love this episode, I didn't give it enough appreciation when I was younger (proving a point to 7 year old me).

"How does it feel to be the most hated thing in Bikini Bottom? Hurts, doesn't it?". We start off with the instrumental "F.U.N. Song" for the title card, and then start off with Plankton causing chaos. And you guys probably know how I feel about Plankton episodes, I love them (all except for One Coarse Meal, that was a Plankton episode they really screwed up). So Plankton being my favorite character, seeing him here was nice. But they really do make it clear how much the rest of Bikini Bottom hates Plankton. Of course, I can't blame them, as Friend or Foe wouldn't come out for a long time, no one has even seen or heard of the other side of the story. Man, what's up with me and liking hated characters? But anyways "I think your a- LOSER!". I really do like how SpongeBob was genuinely trying to give Plankton a chance.

Looking at it, maybe at some point, there was a chance at Plankton becoming good? Maybe not, but that was a huge plot twist to 6 year old me. I thought he really may have changed. Of course, keep in mind, these were some of the first episodes I ever watched. Even though by the time I was born, Season 7 was in it's middle, I mostly watched the first 3 seasons because they were on the disks.

So as the episode continues, we get to hear the famed "F.U.N. Song". And one of my all time favorite parts, "F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for uranium... bombs! N is for no survivors, WHEN YOU-" I quote it frequently.

In the ending part, with Plankton's betrayal, that really was a big plot twist to younger me, as I mentioned earlier. Also I liked the "nothing will ever tear us apart" joke when Plankton ran into the screen.

So overall, I'll give this episode a solid 10/10.
why did you even quote my text lol

Back