10a. Culture Shock

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff

Review and discuss the episode Culture Shock in this topic

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
"Not even your parents would wanna see that" - Squidward, you have the best quotes.

It had the ingredients to a perfect episode: great plot, great humor and no boring times. 10/10

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
This was a great season 1 episode. I never really appreciated it much when I was younger, but now I realize how much charm this episode has. All of the characters are at their best, with Squidward being a sarcastic, self-absorbed host, Patrick being random and hilarious with his bursts of laughter, and of course, SpongeBob, with his calm, optimistic personality that helped him to steal the show, even when just mopping up the smashed tomatoes that were thrown at Squidward. Heck, even Pearl was kind of funny.

This episode brings to the table many classic moments, such as SpongeBob's dance with the bubble hippo, "Poetry by Gary", Squidward's "interpretive dance" (complete with head-bobbling and spluttering noises from his mouth), and one of my favorite quotes: "Oh oh, oh oh oh! I know, I know, I know! How about 'mouth-full-of-clams day'! Everyone who shows up with a mouthful of clams...gets a free drink! Huh? Huh?!" :laugh: I dunno, I just love that quote. Anyways, although this episode doesn't have the memorable F.U.N song like its partner episode, it is still a classic. I would honestly give it a 10/10. I wish more episodes could be like this one.

I said this was the episode that I cold watch for the rest of my life. Heck, it's a talent show! You could watch that forever! :teef: I loved all of the "acts" in this one, even Pearl's. SpongeBob trying to impress Squid and coming up with ideas were just pure hilarity! It's not something you get much in spongeBob anymore. Althugh Squidward kind of deserved all of those tomatoes, I did feel bad for him, because if it was him on stage mopping, he's get booed at, unlike Mr. Absorbency. And how about Patrick laughing like a madman? :funny:

9.7/10 :w00t:

hfjs

This one is my favorite from the first season, just NARROWLY beating out Opposite Day.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I kinda hate this episode... I like the first 6 to 7 minutes, BUT the Stupid Fish people (Always hated them) abused Squidward and were fascinated by some Stupid mopping... WTF, seriously! Its supposed to be funny, but never was, never will. Hated this episode.
But, I like the Pearl cheerleading part, and Patrick laughing.
Rating:
4.5/10

This was definitely top 117 worthy. There was some neat jokes sprinkled in here and there. But, this episode is by far one of the few times I did not absolutely hate Pearl. Nice episode :) 7.9/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
HarryPotterLives said:
I like the first part of the episode, but then... the Squid Abuse. Oh God, the Squid Abuse!
And the problem is that its the UNFUNNY Squidward Abuse.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Actually, I thought the Squid Abuse in this Episode was funny. I mean... this, The Paper, and Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost are the 3 best Squid moments of season 1. 10/10

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Also, I don't know why, but Squidward dancing made me laugh so hard when I was younger.

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius
Culture Shock
vlcsnap_2013_12_28_19h27m19s70_by_booberfan-d6zpia4.png

It's a lazy day at the Krusty Krab but it's too lazy- they need something to send the customers in! So Squidward comes up with the idea of a... talent show! The fame, the fortune, the- MONEY.

"What the people want is culture, NOT dancing bubbles!"​
"Hello, I'm Mr. Krabs and I like money!"​

vlcsnap_2013_12_28_19h40m11s134_by_booberfan-d6zpj8m.png
Let's skip forward a bit...​

To The Amazing Plankton! It's another elaborate scheme to get to the Krabby Patty Formula but people usually fall for magic tricks... Well you may win this time but- SHE-YA-KA-ZING! *burns up* Well, this stinks.

Well it is Squidward's Talent Show but Squidward Live ends up a lot... weirder than you could imagine... SpongeBob steals the show and poor Squidward's dreams get crushed yet again- even when he's the one doing the mopping.

Rating: 8.5/ 10 SHE-YA-KA-ZING!

The Lazy Starfish

Frozen Cephalopod
Culture Shock is a pretty neat episode, but The Squid Abuse, while funny, is also not deserved
I'll give Culture Shock a 9/10

Back