108a. Patty Caper

I really liked this underappreciated episode. The crime sequences were funny, the plot is great (in fact I think it's better than Spy Buddies), there were funny jokes, and I don't mind Mr. Krabs here because he got his comeuppance at the end.

Ranking so far:
1. Patty Caper (A+)
2. Krabby Road (A)
3. Not Normal (A)
4. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
5. A Life in a Day (B)
6. Gone (B)
7. No Nose Knows (B)
8. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
9. House Fancy (C)
10. Giant Squidward (C)
11. Spongicus (C)
12. Nautical Novice (C)
13. Penny Foolish (D)
14. Sun Bleached (D)
15. The Splinter (F)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode was pretty solid. Not as good as it's greater counterpart put still nice.

Good Episode (7.5/10)

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Tbh always disliked this one, The story is all over the place and the episodes ending is just stupid, why would Krabs steal his own formula. Another issue why is there so many plotholes?, Cosmodore discussed this in his review on this episode in his Season 6. Why one minute then hole is there next its not, why is it seem to be a krabby patty then a chummy patty. IMO braindead episode 3/10. In terms of ranking I'd put this at #37 or the 11th worst episode of Season 6

#11 Patty Capper 3/10
#10 Pineapple Fever 3/10
#9 Penny Foolish 3/10
#8 Truth Or Square 3/10
#7 Cephalopod Lodge 2/10
#6 To Squarepants Or Not To Squarepants 2/10
#5 Pet Or Pests 2/10
#4 Boating Buddies 2/10
#3 The Clash Of Triton 2/10
#2 Choir Boys 1.5/10
#1 The Splinter 1.5/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
It's alright. I don't know if it's because I already knew about the ending, but this episode felt kind like a chore to watch for me. It's not a bad episode at all, and has a decent setup, but I dunno, I just personally don't really like it that much.

Average episode (6/10)

1. Not Normal (8)
2. Krabby Road (7)
3. House Fancy (6)
4. Patty Caper (6)
5. A Life in a Day (6)
6. Spongicus (5)
7. Nautical Novice (5)
8. No Nose Knows (5)
9. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
10. Sun Bleached (4)
11. Penny Foolish (4)
12. Gone (4)
13. Giant Squidward (4)
14. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
15. The Splinter (3)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This was another pleasant surprise episode. It's definitely one of the funniest episodes of the season, and I especially liked the jokes of Patrick covering up the carved opening of the briefcase with mustard, basically turning it into a sandwich, and Plankton's joke about experimenting with different ingredients until he finds the right secret ingredient to the Krabby Patty. I also enjoyed the sequences of Spongebob and Patrick interrogating random people, with Spongebob's theories of the methods they could've used to steal the formula. The only thing I don't like about it is the dumb ending, because it feels like a lame joke that doesn't make any sense because, why would Mr. Krabs accuse Spongebob of stealing the formula and even go so far as to throw him in prison, when he is perfectly aware that HE stole his own formula? Again, it's the ending, so it doesn't ruin the whole experience in my opinion, but still, how dumber could it get?

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Pretty bad IMO! Its mean-spirited and flat on jokes. Also Mr Krabs' punishment at the end was cruel

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Patty Caper (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I have been waiting for a while now to review this one, and I’m so happy it’s finally here, because “Patty Caper” is an episode that I’ve always loved, just like “Spy Buddies”! And the two have quite a few similarities as well, which is just another plus for me.

First off, the entire atmosphere of this episode is just so, so good, with the detective, mystery-solving feel. And I really love how the mystery in this episode is crafted. There are actually some legitimate moments of foreshadowing here, which is super cool to see. Those elements are very subtle, and so the mystery of this episode may not be exactly one that someone can solve using only the information provided in the episode, but it is one that you can solve if you know the characters in this show, I’ll say that much. And even then, the mystery aspect of this episode keeps it engaging and fresh, as many episodes don’t usually go down a route like this (that’s one of the reasons why I love “Squid Noir” so much). But anyway, the detective-movie feel of this episode really just aids it so much, with the interrogations and the lighting and the varying explanation flashbacks, and then of course with the final reveal.

I love the beginning of this episode, with tension being expertly undercut with humor, such as SpongeBob being unable to find a chair. And I really love how dramatic this whole situation is made out to be, with the secret ingredient, the entire delivery being so grave and serious, and the entire restaurant going on lockdown. And then when SpongeBob finds out that the secret ingredient is gone, I love how dramatic he is about it, and the cut out to the restaurant just makes it super funny.

From here, we move into the investigative section of the episode, with various characters becoming possible prime suspects. The inclusion of Patrick is unexpected, but he helps provide some humor in these tense times, so I like it!
  • This first part with Plankton is great, and I love the the way Patrick pulls out a whole weapon to scare Plankton into talking lol. Plankton’s alibi makes perfect sense, and is pretty funny, and this is a good preview of the kinds of scenes we’ll be seeing as the episode progresses.
  • The next culprit is Sandy, which is already a win because Sandy is underutilized. This section is similarly hilarious, and I love how Sandy completely demolishes SpongeBob’s whole case in about 5 seconds. SpongeBob’s embellished idea of events is fun to watch too, because of how absurd it is (and how absurd they continue to be throughout the episode).
  • Next up is Gary, which hey, another instant win! This part, like the previous ones, is just too funny, especially once SpongeBob gets started up with his crazy stories again. And I love how SpongeBob realizes the unrealistic thing about his story is the fact that he pulled up his sock. I also like how this story serves to make it as clear as possible to the audience that the culprit won’t be any of the people SpongeBob suspects, because we watched the entire delivery scene, and none of these details were present. And then Patrick’s sketch of Squidward is just so funny to me because what did Gary say to get Patrick to draw that?
  • Moving on, we’ve got Squidward, and SpongeBob and Patrick breaking into Squidward’s house is hilarious. I like how this section fully disrupts the entire timeline of this story, with apparently the delivery happening possible days ago. Who cares, this is SpongeBob, things don’t have to make sense!
Finally, SpongeBob is forced to return to Mr. Krabs empty-handed. I love how in retrospect, Mr. Krabs is definitely panicking about all the clues SpongeBob was able to put together, so he immediately shifts the blame to SpongeBob in a scene that reminds me of “The Smoking Peanut”. Of course, we then get the reveal that the thief was Mr. Krabs all along, who just wanted to skimp out on paying a $1.99 delivery fee. The ending of this episode is great, with Mr. Krabs being forced to give away patties for free, which of course is torture for the guy. Well, you know what they say…play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I suppose I should address the fact that Mr. Krabs is both a jerkwad and stupid here, but like the thing is I really don’t care LMAO. We already know Mr. Krabs is cheap and makes some really bad decisions when it comes to SpongeBob sometimes, this is nothing new.

I really, really like “Patty Caper”. It’s such a fun episode with a great structure and atmosphere, and it’s simply hilarious. It’s one of those episodes that you shouldn’t think too much about, which can be a good thing sometimes, and it is here. I suppose I like it ever so slightly less than “Spy Buddies”, mostly because the ending of that episode is just top tier, but that doesn’t make this episode any less amazing.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.5/10

distinctincident5624

Imitation Krab
If I could describe the episode in one word...Decent.

I wouldn't call it great or anything but there's enough solid jokes and good set pieces for me to call it a 7/10 good.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
This is a pretty good special. The whole train setting is pretty cool. The mystery aspect is pretty interesting too. There were funny moments like when Patrick tries to stop the train. The special was also pretty action-packed. I this episode's alternate title "Mystery with a Twistory" was better though. Overall, a pretty cool and interesting special.

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
Welp this is a very nostalgic one for me atleast its one of the first episodes i watched it holds up! i like a lot of jokes in this one not as good as the great version but still patty caper holds up as one of the best!
1. Suction Cup Symphony (10/10)
2. Krabby Road (9.5/10)
3. Not Normal (9.5/10)
4. House Fancy (9/10)
5. Patty Caper (9/10)
6. Life In A Day (8.5/10)
7 No Nose Knows (8.5/10)
8. Spongicus (7.5/10)
9. Giant Squidward (7.5/10)
10. Gone (7/10)
11. Penny Foolish (6.5/10)
12. Sun Bleached (5.5/10)
13. Nautical Novice (4.5/10)
14. Slide Whistle Stooges (1.5/10)
15. The Splinter (0/10)
Lets hope there is no bad episodes coming next!

Back