105b. Slide Whistle Stooges

Piper

Moby Dollar
I quite like this episode, I largely felt bad for Squidward, but that's SpongeBob humor for yeah. Probably one of the better S6 episodes.

Squiddykins

take back the falls
I definitely agree that this is a great S6 episode. My favorite part was where Squidward fell off the cliff in a truck as he toots his whistle, and then there was an explosion after that, haha.

hasfarr

your mom
A bright spot in the dim Season 6, worst season of SBSP ever, IMO.

I actually thought about grabbing my own slidewhistle when I was watching this! It's around here somewhere...

Cha

I love SBM
A bright spot in the dim Season 6, worst season of SBSP ever, IMO.

I actually thought about grabbing my own slidewhistle when I was watching this! It's around here somewhere...

I love the episode because I saw it when I was eleven and on vacation. After the first time I saw it, I wanted to buy a slide whistle and then bought one. So sometimes when this episode is on, I bring out my slide whistle and try to whistle like SB and others like you did. This episode is quite fun and I love episodes that can have activities with the audience, kind of like how in Idiot Box, you could grab a box and imagine too. (I know I did). :P

cwn

Porous Freak
9.5/10 Completely shows how Squidward is annoyed by Spongebob and Patrick, and he will do anything to be complimented. The slide whistles got a bit annoying.

In my opinion, this episode and "The Splinter" were a pairing made in hell. This episode really defines Spongebob and Patrick annoying Squidward as much as possible. This episode really crossed the line. A lot of the episodes preceding this, Spongebob and Patrick did annoy Squidward, but it was unknowingly. In this episode, they know that Squidward wants to be left alone, yet they continue to pester him. Then, at the end, when the people of Bikini Bottom cheer after he drives off a cliff, and quite possibly dies. That angers me. How Spongebob and Patrick are now examples of Karma Houdini, and they completely get away with not only annoying Squidward, but Squidward ends up getting hurt from it, with Spongebob and Patrick getting no sort of comeuppance. The people at the hospital seem perfectly okay with Spongebob and Patrick playing the Slide Whistle when other people's lives are on the line. Yeah, this episode is one of my least favorite.

1|10 Overall

Spongeo

Professional Mayo Player
It was a really poorly written episode it's just that the whistling gets annoying after awhile Squid Abuse is really high on this one! 3/10

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
Making fun of the sick in the hospital = L0L0L0L0L
Generally annoying people = when you fall of a cliff people cheer because your hurt and might be dead

Jihigreijdgtbgdjidjjdihrgngbeunbfnudgrhtgdh MAKES PERFECT SENSE

0/10 one of if not the worst of the already not good season

I can understand why many people hate this episode. In my opinion, this episode was great because It was enjoyable but this episode has flaws too. I hated when everyone cheered after Squidward got hurt, I didn't like the ending and I also didn't like that the whistle got stuck in Squidward's throat. I rate this episode 8/10. At least this episode is way better than it's partner, "The Splinter".

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
HarryPotterLives said:
People actually like this episode?! I don't want to be judgmental but... why? I thought this one was awful for pretty much all of the reasons OneHungryHippo stated.
I actually liked this one a little bit. It's not one of my favorites of Season 6 but it was alright. I thought the Slide Whistles were funny and I actually wanted to buy one of my own! Plus, I was chuckling throughout the episode. The only things that really bugged me were the fact the SB and Pat were annoying Squiddy and wouldn't stop and I didn't like the very end where everyone cheers when Squidward is dead (for simply annoying other people) and don't raise an angry hand when SB and Patrick play the whistles, mocking the sick and dying.

Just like MoBros' said in a sarcastic tone: Huh. Generally annoying people? No, that's worthy of death! Making fun of the sick and dying? That's perfectly okay!

That's pretty much how I felt about the ending. But other than that, I thought Slide Whistle Stooges was decent.

7/10 (If the ending wasn't so bad I would've given it a 9)

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
This episode was worth it just for the really funny "you're gonna pay with interest" line that they snuck in with the angry mob. Cracked me up there. Squidward dressed as a baby is one of the most appealing designs I've seen from Robert Ryancory on this show.

It's not as bad as what people have said though it does get a bit annoying and seeing the slide whistle in Squidward's throat was a bit unsettling. I'm gonna give this one a 6.5/10. Better than "The Splinter" at least.

Back