105a. The Splinter

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I'm more disappointed that this show tried to be something it's not than the actual episode itself. I can see that they were trying to do some Ren and Stimpy kind of gross out humor to see if it would work as an episode but it doesn't really fit well with something like SpongeBob in my opinion.

I liked the note Squidward left SpongeBob and on a technical level, the poses of SpongeBob trying to get the splinter out were done well. Did not care for the ending. I'm gonna give this one around a 5/10 because it succeeded in what it wanted to do, wasn't boring to watch, had a Dr. Patrick cameo, didn't have too much Squidward torture scenes like "Boating Buddies" did, and everyone was in character but it's still not a very good concept for an episode and the first few times I saw this episode, I thought it was completely terrible and unwatchable.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Do I even need to begin where this episode goes bad? Let me give you a hint: ITS THE WHOLE EPISODE. I mean, wow where the writers bad again. This is not a good premise for a episode. This is a gross and disturbing episode. I would watch rather One Coarse Meal back to back then watch this episode ONCE. I give it a 0/10. :nono: =O =/ ._.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
It was just SpongeBob's splinter that made the episode bad. I don't like it, but the episode is okay. Just make the splinter look different and not make someone want to never watch SpongeBob again from the horrible sight

Mantis

killer queen best stand
ooooooofy said:
I really don't understand why people hate this episode so much; it's one of my favorite episodes. I'd give it a 9.8/10.
Please please please tell me your kidding.Please do.

KarrieLuvPlankton

Baby Clam
I guess I could see why people like it, but I just can't watch this episode without cringing. ._.

I always do enjoy Squidward's bits, until that ending.

Bottom Line, this is terrible gross out, terrible humor, wait..WHAT HUMOR?! I hated Dr.Patrick here.

0/10 :no:

Mantis

killer queen best stand
spongebobfan64 said:
So? She likes the episode...It's her opinion.
Yeah because this is what totally comes to mind when we think of a good Spongebob episode. I love how the writers think Ren and Stimpy could be used in a Spongebob episode. You know, for kids! Uck.

SurprisedPatrik

Floating Shopping List
OldFanNewSkeptic said:
I have seen the infamous "The Splinter episode", and let me just say...

THIS EPISODE IS ONE OF MY LEAST FAVORITES! :fail:

Where to begin?

Cons:

• The splinter being slowly driven into Spongebob
  • Spongebob's skin falling off revealing his skeleton
  • Spongebob' face while crying in pain
  • "This garbage compost should help"
  • When the white pus comes out, then turns into a foul green color
  • The final image of the thumb, with a huge vein. Not for the weak at heart. Followed by Mr. Krabs' reaction
Pros: None

I hate this episode! 1/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fixed :D

yeah yeah yeah its my opinion blah blah blah,but how is a mutated splinter FUNNY? IN THE SLIGHTEST?

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SpongeBobFan64 said:
She hates the episode. Everybody does. I dont know one person who likes it.
:thumbsup: Fixed

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SpongeBobFan64 said:
That's all our opinion, let us dance over New SpongeBob's body when we kill him.
Fixed again :p

thearistocrat

Part Computer or Something
Episode is terrible. The plot is just revolving around a simple occurrence of having a splinter. That's it. Oh okay SpongeBob's panicking because he believes he may not get to work. And...that doesn't sound impressive. There are certain episodes where it revolves around everyday occurrences but at least some of them has good gags or jokes. Doctor Patrick segment is not funny. Ending is not funny. This episode just seems boring and pointless to me.

As for the gross/gore, I'm unfazed from it.

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The gag with SpongeBob's skull was mildly amusing, but this episode is just as gross as everyone makes it out to be. 1/10

Supmandude

Squog
Yeah because this is what totally comes to mind when we think of a good Spongebob episode. I love how the writers think Ren and Stimpy could be used in a Spongebob episode. You know, for kids! Uck.
You know that all of Ren and Stimpy except for the spin-off that lasted like 5 episodes was for kids, right? Your sarcasm about it being for kids completely fails when you compare it to a successful kids show that was made for kids and watched by kids and aired on the exact same kids network that SpongeBob does. Yeah, for kids.

Both Ren and Stimpy and The Splinter and great and hilarious for all ages, though. :)

Spongetron Robotpants said:
:thumbsup: Fixed
Spongetron Robotpants said:
Fixed again :p
Yeah, no. Deal with the fact that not everyone agrees with you and some of us happen to find hilarious gross-out withamazing amazing animation like this entertaining and funny. You don't have to agree, but we can and do have our own opinions.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I hate this episode. It is very gross, boring and not watchable. The splinter looks terrible. I HATE Patrick so much in this episode. He didn't help SpongeBob at all, just because of his stupidity in this episode. He put mud on SpongeBob's finger, and it got worse. You know who I hate in this one too? Squidward. Everyone would disagree with me x1000 about this one, but I HATE SQUIDWARD so much in this episode. Yes, I feel bad for him when he gets abused and I know he hates SpongeBob, but he shouldn't treat him like that. He flushed SpongeBob's Krusty Krab hat on the toilet, just because SpongeBob got the splinter and wanted him to go home? This is so mean. Squidward's sarcasm was always funny in the show, but NOT in this episode. Squidward was a stupid jerk to SpongeBob. The ending was terrible to watch. Not a good episode at all. The only good part was the beginning.

Back