105a. The Splinter

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: The Splinter (S6-E105-A)

DEAR LORD!!!!!!! THIS ::dolphin noise:: EPISODE!!!!

I hate this ::dolphin noise::! I almost threw up. I hate it when Squidward tells SpongeBob that Mr. Krabs will send him home for a punishment. I was so mad, I wanted to squeeze the ::dolphin noise:: ink out of Squidward! I also ::dolphin noise::ing hate it when Dr. Patrick acts jerkish to him. Even worse, instead of making us laugh like in Suds, Dr. Patrick tries to nauseate us to death when Dr. Patrick puts garbage as a "compress" to "cure" swell SpongeBob's splinter. And the worst of all, after Mr. Krabs removes the Splinter on SB's thumb, the gross liquid sprays on Mr. Krabs face. Better when SB's blood sprays on Mr. Krabs' face. :patgross: :sbdyah: :fred:

In conclusion, this episode is not good, it's gross, it's disgusting, it's disturbing, it's eye-bleeding, it's wrong and it's terrible.

Final Score = -∞/10 :patboo:

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I, eh, I just don't get this episode at all. If anyone likes gross out humor and dark humor, this is your episode. Clearly no one would help poor SB (2nd episode from this season I feel bad for the sponge), as Squidward and Patrick were not themselves, and Mr. Krabs was talking about something unrelated to SpongeBob's problem. The gross out is just icky to me. 3.8/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Where to begin with this episode? All I know is that it taught me god is dead because there is no way the good lord would allow this atrocity to exist.This episode is disgusting, goes way past the mark of being remotely funny, and if it doesn't happen to gross you out, it has no plot! The entire purpose of the episode is to gross you out, and if it fails at that it's not entertaining. Also, using such a common injury as the catalyst for its gross out humor is just a bad idea, because that makes the cringe comedy too real. 2/10.

hippythehippo

Banished
MY CHOCOLATE LEG! said:
Where to begin with this episode? All I know is that it taught me god is dead because there is no way the good lord would allow this atrocity to exist. Whatever writers decided this was a good idea should be fired. This episode is disgusting, goes way past the mark of being remotely funny, and if it doesn't happen to gross you out, it has no plot! The entire purpose of the episode is to gross you out, and if it fails at that it's not entertaining. Also, using such a common injury as the catalyst for its gross out humor is just a bad idea, because that makes the cringe comedy too real. 2/10.
Please don't deform to an Enterbot from the 2013-2014 era. While the episode is bad, writers jobs shouldn't be at stake.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
hippythehippo said:
Please don't deform to an Enterbot from the 2013-2014 era. While the episode is bad, writers jobs shouldn't be at stake.
Yeah I suppose that was a bit much. Don't want to sink that low.

The splinter scenes honestly weren't gross to me, but I still thought they were really unnecessary. Besides that, I don't really care about this episode because it's really boring. Nothing even goes on and taking the splinter out takes forever.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Are you like reviewing every single Season 6 episode, good luck, I guess I'll come with you lol. This episode is gross, I actually Fungus Us Among us is worse, but this is still like awful, and that's the main focus of it too, there's no coherent story, it's just a mess with a splinter on it.

I never thought that they could make an episode with a painful concept work, and needless to say, they didn't. I hate this episode a lot. It's not funny at all, has a really bad plot, and Squidward even gets tortured in the end. Sure, he gave it to himself, but it still happened. And Patrick. That stupid pink starfish, like a lot of the other episodes this season, only made the situation worse. He is unbearably bad here. And to think I used to like this episode when I was younger.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabby Road (A)
2. Not Normal (A)
3. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
4. Gone (B)
5. House Fancy (C)
6. Spongicus (C)
7. Nautical Novice (C)
8. Penny Foolish (D)
9. The Splinter (F)

warblower99

Chop those gravy bars
Just like TheMysteriousMrEnter once said: The Splinter is one big gross-out episode with a little Squidward Torture ::dolphin noise:: shoehorned in, and House Fancy is one big Squidward Torture ::dolphin noise:: episode with a little gross-out shoehorned in.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Best episode out of best season 15/10 would watch again.

If you couldn't tell I'm joking, whoever actually likes this eisode has psychological issues andd should be put in captivity held in a straight jacket.

Spongysuperfan

Imitation Krab
This episode is a Joke, it wasn't created for making the audience laugh, but for make the creators of this laugh over the idea of people especially childrens(that's cruel) watching it.
Awful Episode 2/10
I'm rewatching Season 6 and they seem to have this horrid fascination with Gore

Best episode out of best season 15/10 would watch again.

If you couldn't tell I'm joking, whoever actually likes this episode has psychological issues and should be put in captivity held in a straight jacket.

Dude, just because someone likes this episode doesn't mean there's something wrong with them. Everyone can have their own opinion.

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Boring episode. Nothing much goes on except SpongeBob trying to take out his splinter. Some funny lines, but that's about it.

Bad Episode (3.5/10)

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Dude, just because someone likes this episode doesn't mean there's something wrong with them. Everyone can have their own opinion.
I don't see how anyone could like it though, it's just 9 minutes of watching a disgusting, grotesc, and horrid splinter grow and grow, with spongebob being bullied and descends into madness, I wouldn't wish for another soul to ever view this episode.

Back