104a. Not Normal

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Murvine Taylor said:
That is kind of harsh, but I am pretty sure you are joking. I think that if anyone tells SpongeBob to be normal, he should sing the first line of "Harder To Breath" by Maroon 5, which is, "How dare you say that my behavior's unacceptable!"
Um does it sound like im joking? because im not laughing.

OldFanNewSkeptic said:
surprised I haven't reviewed this

really like the concept of this episode. by showing how normal spongebob tries to be, you realize how abnormal he really is.

10/10. It's also paired with my favorite episode of post-movie, so that's a plus.
Well F me with a 10 inch pole, you actually like is episode?

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I find this to be one of the better episodes after season 4, I really like the concept and the execution was done pretty well and it even had a few minor laughs.

7.5/10

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
This is one of the best episodes on the show. It has some laughs, but overall, it has a very serious message, and it told it well. I was actually a bit shocked as to how "adult" the message was (not "adult" as in innapropriate, but as in a message that a lot of adults could relate to, as well.)

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Come on, it wasn't that bad....I thought it was pretty enjoyable seeing SB be normal and Patrick being a good friend and trying to help SB out...The tricks Patrick tried with SB were funny :P But Squidward's and SpongeBob's faces as normals were scary -kind of- but they were :O , anyways, 8.5/10

Katniss

totally coral
The idea of SpongeBob being "normal" was an interesting concept, but I didn't think this episode was that great. It wasn't bad, just a little boring. It was interesting how "normal" SpongeBob made patties though. I'll give this a 6/10.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Not Normal

This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see Spongebob acting "normal" (it was enjoyable even in a non-comedic perspective). I liked Squidward's message "It's OK to be a little different." There were some jokes. 7.5/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This episode has one of the most interesting plots ever. And the episode isn't bad either. It's not that funny and a bit boring but definitely watchable. 7/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
Like I said in my Plankton's Good Eye review, I love plots that involve a character acting the opposite of their normal selves and this is definitely the best episode when it comes to execution. I think because with SpongeBob, he's a slew of different emotions, and some of the emotions can be really annoying like him crying or laughing excessively but in this episode they made him so calm and peaceful and that's why I like this episode so much. Also Patrick was a nice character in this episode, trying to help SpongeBob go back to his normal self, this is definitely one of Patrick's best post-movie performances. I also really like the bond between SpongeBob and Squidward in this episode, it's really refreshing and a nice change between the characters. Overall this episode doesn't do anything wrong apart from the lack of humour but I think this episode relies more on plot so I'll let it off.

9.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This is easily season 6's best episode.

I just love this story, I rarely expect exciting stories from seasons 6 and 7 but this was surprisingly powerful and well-written. There's just some magic to how this episode unfolded that reminded me of the good ol' days of the first 5 seasons.. Everything about the message was well-written with brilliant and clever moments like the Krabby Patties turning to paper and SpongeBob thinking Squidward was too strange. The humor was pretty good too, a lot of season 6 just feels pandering, like they need to shout, dumb-down, and explain the jokes for you to laugh at them. A lot of the humor in this episode is more subtle. It's far from the funniest episode but I chuckled quite a bit. This is a great episode, it's down hill from here though...

9.5/10

TheCrunchyPudding00

Part Computer or Something
This is easily season 6's best episode.

I just love this story, I rarely expect exciting stories from seasons 6 and 7 but this was surprisingly powerful and well-written. There's just some magic to how this episode unfolded that reminded me of the good ol' days of the first 5 seasons.. Everything about the message was well-written with brilliant and clever moments like the Krabby Patties turning to paper and SpongeBob thinking Squidward was too strange. The humor was pretty good too, a lot of season 6 just feels pandering, like they need to shout, dumb-down, and explain the jokes for you to laugh at them. A lot of the humor in this episode is more subtle. It's far from the funniest episode but I chuckled quite a bit. This is a great episode, it's down hill from here though...

9.5/10

Thats the first time ive seen someone refer to seasons 4 and 5 as the "good old days". I guess you could say that the show really started to decline in quality alot in s6 but s4 and 5 arent much better

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
TheCrunchyPudding00 said:
Thats the first time ive seen someone refer to seasons 4 and 5 as the "good old days". I guess you could say that the show really started to decline in quality alot in s6 but s4 and 5 arent much better
4 and 5 aren't perfect but they're at least generally enjoyable. Compared to season 6 they're god's gift from heaven,

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Enjoyed this episode; I Liked Seeing Normal Spongebob, as one of those Half-oval shaped Bath Sponges; It's basically a Spongebob version of Patrick Smartpants; Instead of Patrick, It's spongebob, Instead of Patrick's Stupidity, it's Spongebob's Eccentric behaviour; I Loved seeing Normal Squidward; I wonder what caused him to revert back by the next episode.

Another great episode, this was a really unique concept and to be honest, the normal looks of SpongeBob and Squidward were done very well. I felt the writing was on point with this one and to top it off, it had a hilarious ending.

Back