101b. Krabby Road

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Of all the episodes I remember of this season, this one is my favorite. There's some good gags and an enjoyable plot. 8.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Spongebob's nose thingies were GROSS....Even gross than the splinter for sure for me (splinter wasn't even gross for me but oh well)....This basically made me ready to puke (I finished not puking AT LEAST), overall BORING episode....the only scenes I liked were.......NONE ;) because it was that boring....I can't stand boring episodes....I liked the scene that they were playing their instruments at Krusty Krab, but other than that I didn't really like the episode, but didn't consider it as a bad one, 5/10 !

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A great episode. I laughed the entire time and the plot was awesome and it never bored me like most of seasons 6-8. What an unfitting way to start season 6.

8.5/10

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
I watched this again recently, Patrick's belly drum cracks me up everytime.

JackMcCann24

Baby Clam
I love this episode. I know some people might disagree with me, but I think it has some good jokes. Also, the beatles reference.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode overall was pretty good, but it some some qualities that were lacking. The ending was predictable and lame, but I'll let it slide since there were a few funny jokes during that scene. The humor here was largely varied. There were a few lame jokes, but most of the jokes got a chuckle out of me, like Plankton disguising as a booger, Patrick playing a "mean belly", and SpongeBob's brain tunes. There was one scene of ear rape with SB making a high-pitched screeching sound, but almost all of the episode was solid. My favorite scene was seeing buff Squidward (who knew?), and I also like how there was no Squid abuse here. That's kinda rare for season 6. The interaction between SB, Pat, and Squid was really nice, so it definitely raising my rating here. Overall, great episode. I give it a 9/10.

I enjoyed this episode. It's a fun little episode. I love how Plankton tries to trick SpongeBob and co. into joining a band to steal the formula, even if it was SpongeBob's idea. If there's one complaint I had, why is Plankton in prison? Trying to steal the krabby patty formula isn't really a crime.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabby Road (A)
2. House Fancy (C)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode doesn't have much substance, it mostly takes place inside SpongeBob's garage, but it's pretty funny, though not hilarious.

Good Episode (7/10)

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
This episode is good. A lot of the jokes it tells are pretty funny, and the plot is decent, although I'd prefer it if there was a montage of the band getting popular among Bikini Bottom, and then Plankton goes of to steal the formula but, eh, that might make the ending confusing. It's not the best Season Six episode, but I'd still recommend it.

Rating: 7 SUPER BUFF SQUIDWARDS out of 10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Honestly, thought this one was just alright. The plot is decent, but the jokes are very hit or miss for me. Jokes like the booger joke and Patrick's hair weren't really that funny to me. And the episode was just kinda boring. Still, I like all the rock'n'roll references, and some of the jokes were pretty good, so I can't knock it too hard.

Average episode (6/10)

1. House Fancy (6)
2. Krabby Road (6)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The episode was actually pretty great. It doesn't really have much of a story, but the base concept of Plankton creating a band in order to steal the formula does make for some great jokes. I especially love seeing Squidward buff. Nothing else to say.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I really liked this episode! It had a very solid amount of humor. And lets not forget sb Patrick and squid in this one!

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
Krabby Road (Amazing)
House Fancy (Bad)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Coming up next we've got "Krabby Road", which is an episode that I've always enjoyed. And I think most people like this episode too, so it's nice to be in good company.

The beginning of this episode is an interesting set up, with Plankton escaping from jail, and then after a few minutes, with the rock band plot. These first few minutes weren’t particularly funny, but they were pretty entertaining. I like how the gravity of Plankton’s crime is made fun of with the guard’s reaction, and I also like that we got cameos of some of the fish from “No Weenies Allowed”. Plankton’s actual escape does not take very long, but I do like that it ended up giving him a pretty cool look for the remainder of the episode. And then once Plankton’s back at the Chum Bucket and Karen kicks him out (which is fair of her), the flashback of kid Plankton was adorable. The little song SpongeBob sings was super fun too, and it gave me a lot of “Walking Small” vibes, which is definitely a good thing. But I love how energetic he is about it, even violent lmao.

I just really enjoy the rock band plot of this episode. Maybe it’s because that’s the kind of music I like (well, I’m into heavier stuff like punk rock and metal, and things surrounding that, but you get the point). But also it’s like, this show really hadn’t done much with music-related plots aside from Squidward and his clarinet, and “Band Geeks”, so this was a little bit refreshing. I’m also always happy to see some Plankton and SpongeBob interactions where he has to at least fake being nice. And the part where Patrick is recruited is cute too, I love the whole bit of him playing his stomach like a drum. And then of course Squidward has to insert himself into things too, though he doesn’t have all that much screen time in this episode, as he wants to get buff first.

I like that we get to see SpongeBob’s garage in this episode, I thought that was a neat little locale. And SpongeBob’s band outfit was…very interesting lol. He looks cute, but I am refraining hard from getting on my soapbox as there are certain things I can say about his hairstyle of choice. But I will not get into it. Patrick’s little hair trick was neat too. And the seat warm bit was a nice visual gag (this episode has a few pretty good visual gags, so that was definitely a strength here). And as the band gets more and more official, I love the name Plankton came up with, that’s actually a sick band name ngl.

From here, Plankton’s plans being continually foiled is decently entertaining. I am again reminded of how much I enjoy the dynamic between Plankton and SpongeBob when SpongeBob starts spouting off some wholesome lyric ideas when all Plankton wants is secrets. And then when Plankton uses his machine I love all the little songs in SpongeBob’s mind, like the feeding Gary one. And I love how that’s foiled by Patrick putting the headphones on, that was pretty funny (because of Plankton’s reaction).

The low point of the episode is probably the whole scene with the cops and Plankton having to hide in SpongeBob’s nose. It goes on just a bit too long, which I understand why that was done but the situation wasn’t funny enough to make it work. I also think it’s funny because Plankton could’ve easy hit in SpongeBob’s wig. Plankton’s reaction helps things out immensely though.

And then of course we have the inevitable ending of the episode, with Plankton getting caught trying to steal the formula. I do wish we got to hear the band play a song, but this is okay too. And the way Plankton says “I was in it for the music man” is immaculately delivered, so thank you Mr. Lawrence! The ending of the episode was great too, I love how SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward were willing to practice outside of the jail lol.

“Krabby Road” is not an especially funny episode by any means, but I think it’s very enjoyable. The plot is pretty different from other episodes, even if it is a Plankton plot, and we got some fun interactions between Plankton and SpongeBob. Patrick and Squidward especially were more afterthoughts in this episode, but they played their parts pretty well. I really don’t have much bad to say about this episode, it was just an amusing watch. A good fit for my “Great” tier, since it doesn’t quite have that “wow” factor. The most unpopular thing I have to say about this episode, probably, is that I enjoy it slightly less than "House Fancy". Let's all put the pitchforks down, okay?

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.6/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
wow! this is a good way to start off season 6 we got krabby road! much like its sister episode (house fancy) i think its very underrated and few people talk about it! its one of the best season 6 episodes! its fun, funny and overall a experience but a nitpick i have is the anticlimactic ending also a nitpick i have is just patrick's mean belly its very obviously looped! i mean i noticed it in my most recent watch! anyways very good episode
1.Krabby Road (9.5/10)
2.House Fancy (9/10)

Back