101a. House Fancy

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
I don't really hate this episode, yet the toenail scene was cringeworthy (and painful since it was portrayed in a gruesome way). And this episode was pretty fun, along with the fact that Squidward actually beat Squilliam :p

7/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
I did enjoy this episode a little, it was great until SpongeBob showed up and the toenail part was painful to watch but apart from that this episode was pretty decent and an okay start to season 6. Also Squidward wins in the end!

6/10

hfjs

NOTANIMPRESSIONABLE10YEAROLDANYMOREUPDATE: Well, it's good. Not the best and not the worst, and Squidward won, about freaking time

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I like how a toenail scene can make an otherwise forgettable and average episode become one of the most discussed episodes on the site.

Anyways it was okay. Decent jokes at times but most of this was just average and while I liked some of the ideas here they didn't create a particularly exciting or funny episode, as well as that SpongeBob is decent here and Squidward actually wins. Even with the bad toenail scene and for being somewhat dull this is still one of season 6's better episodes which is kinda sad.

6/10

EmojiYes

Imitation Krab
THIS EPISODE IS THE WORST SEASON 6 EPISODE! IT SUCKS BECAUSE OF THE ABSOLUTELY GROSS DISGUSTING TOENAIL SCENE! I HATE THAT SCENE SO MUCH! IT'S THE WORST EPISODE EVER! The rest of the episode is good and I like the fact that Squidward wins at the end, but I still hate this episode due to the toenail scene, and wish it would never air on Nick again!!!

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode proves that a 10 second toenail scene does NOT make an episode horrible. I honestly don't get why people are complaining about the toenail, when Squidward pulling off his own eyebrow in Pineapple Fever was way more cringeworthy. I thought that the toenail being ripped off was more pointless than anything. It could have been cut out, no harm done.

But seriously, I love this episode. I thought that Squilliam's house was eye candy to me since it was so elegant and detailed. I love the gilded doorknobs, I REALLY adore Squilliam's unibrow sculpture, and I like the fancy elevator. I didn't think that the tour of Squill's house was boring at all. Honestly, this episode has a few funny moments, including SpongeBob trading his brain for 2 chocolate bars, and the out-of-place toilet scene. The toilet scene was weird, but I got a good laugh out of it since it was so hammy. The ending was also great because it was surprising to see Squidward win over Squilliam. Despite a few dull scenes, the combination of beautiful background art and amusing moments make up for it. I actually don't have too much to say about this. 8.5/10. :)

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
JingleCup said:
This episode proves that a 10 second toenail scene does NOT make an episode horrible. I honestly don't get why people are complaining about the toenail, when Squidward pulling off his own eyebrow in Pineapple Fever was way more cringeworthy. I thought that the toenail being ripped off was more pointless than anything. It could have been cut out, no harm done.

But seriously, I love this episode. I thought that Squilliam's house was eye candy to me since it was so elegant and detailed. I love the gilded doorknobs, I REALLY adore Squilliam's unibrow sculpture, and I like the fancy elevator. I didn't think that the tour of Squill's house was boring at all. Honestly, this episode has a few funny moments, including SpongeBob trading his brain for 2 chocolate bars, and the out-of-place toilet scene. The toilet scene was weird, but I got a good laugh out of it since it was so hammy. The ending was also great because it was surprising to see Squidward win over Squilliam. Despite a few dull scenes, the combination of beautiful background art and amusing moments make up for it. I actually don't have too much to say about this. 8.5/10. :)
Agreed, pretty good episode, i'd give this episode an 8/10.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: House Fancy (S6-E101-A)

I HATE THIS EPISODE!!! IT'S BLOODY AND DISGUSTING!!! I hate it when SpongeBob drop the sofa on Squidward's toenail, causing it to rip off. Its the same as Squidward peeling his skin off with the tweezer in Pineapple Fever. Showcasing Squilliam's house, even if its fancy, is boring, repetitive, and a waste of 3 1/2 min. I rather visit an exclusive village around the Philippines (e.g. Ayala Alabang Village because i have been there before and it was beautiful) than looking at boring old Squilliam's house. The toenail ripping scene made me ::dolphin noise:: CRINGE!!! :patgross:

Final Score = 0/10 :patboo:

Vendri said:
Bad episode.

1: They spend too much time on Squilliam's house. We get that he's rich and successful, we don't need it shoved in our face for 3-4 minutes or so.

2: The toenail scene.
House_Fancy_Squidward_Toenail.png
Everyone knows this scene, and as bad as it is, I don't think its as bad as the Splinter, not even close. The toenail scene is one scene that lasts not even a minute, The Splinter was one big gross-out after another for almost the entire episode.

Fun fact, from Spongebob Wiki:
  • The original ending was Nicholas Withers hating Squidward's house and Squidward punching Squilliam in anger.
I am almost thankful they cut that ending. If they didn't, I would have probably given this a 1/10, but instead....

3/10
  1. I know right. Squilliam's house is actually boring for me to watch. As a SpongeBob fan who wants to be a home architect and home designer in the future, I like to draw modern houses in private, gated subdivisions, but I don't like to draw nor see Squilliam's house ever again. This filler is just boring, pointless and a waste of about 3 1/2 min.
  2. THIS IS THE MOST BLOODY AND DISGUSTING SCENE EVER!!! My reaction, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWK1X25kkvM

kingseye423

Flying Dutchman's Sock
This is 8.6/10 worthy. Yes the toenail scene was wayyyy off guard, there's more disturbing scenes from cartoons for kids. Anyway, the other problem is SpongeBob's character being dumbed down from this season to about 9B. Otherwise, this episode is good. The designs on Squilliam's house are cool.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
It's kinda just a forgettable one for me, nothing too great, I love the design with it, some OK CG, but I may be hard pressed to find something memorable from it, besides the toe nail scene, which memorable for all of the wrong reasons. It's just kinda post-movie fluff that I am not too interested in.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
It's kinda just a forgettable for me, nothing too great, I love the design with it, some OK CG, but I may be hard pressed to find something memorable from it, besides the toe nail scene, which memorable for all of the wrong reasons. It's just kinda post-movie fluff that I am not too interested in.

I agree with this, I feel like people on this site overpraise this episode. It's cool to see Squidward win and the toenail scene is a small painful to watch bit, but aside from those notable things the episode is pretty unmemorable.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeNicko said:
I agree with this, I feel like people on this site overpraise this episode. It's cool to see Squidward win and the toenail scene is a small painful to watch bit, but aside from those notable things the episode is pretty unmemorable.
Yeah usually when something starts off on a low, and then when it kinda comes to light that it's not as bad, some people can see that as it being way better, not saying everyone does that, but some people can.

It's okay. I think the toenail scene isn't horrible, and I like how Squidward wins in the end. But this episode doesn't have any real merit to it, and it's pretty forgettable.

Ranking so far:
1. House Fancy (C)

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
It's not the worst thing ever, but, it isn't that great either. Also, the only reason I remember this episode at all was because of the infamous toenail scene. However, Squidward winning, in the end, made up for it. So, I'd say it's an okay episode.

1. Help Wanted (10/10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (10/10)
3. Friend Or Foe (9/10)
4. Your Shoes Untied (8/10)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8/10)
6. Patrick's Coupon (7.9/10)
7. Girls Night Out (6/10)
8. House Fancy (6/10)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Really good episode. I probably would rate this great but the first half does go on for a bit too long but it's still really good.

Good Episode (7.5/10)

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is honestly a pretty good episode. I don't really understand why it tends to get so much dislike. Besides the toenail scene it's fun and entertaining. At least it didn't become the entire basis of the plot unlike some other season 6 episodes or Fungus Among Us. SpongeBob is hopelessly naive throughout, but he still made me chuckle. Him spying outside Squidward's house might be a little creepy, but I found it funny. It's pretty tame for a stalker joke.
This one also proves that Squidward still was allowed to win occasionally after season 3. Granted the win was entirely accidental, but it still counts. I give it 8/10.

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
Plot: (6.8/10): I honestly feel like the plot was alright. Sure, you have the infamous toenail scene, and to me the random winning was a little bit off, but the middle was at least pretty good. I do find it pretty weird though that SpongeBob literally switched brains for chocolate bars. I also really like the house fancy segments, they are really enjoyable in my opinion.

Humor: (4.5/5): The humor is good, and maybe a little bit of greatness sprinkled in there too. I do find it funny when Patrick took a giant dump and the toilet died. That might sound childish when you first think about it, but honestly it's the toilet dying that really get's me (that wording was not the best). Or when SpongeBob splattered blue paint all over Squidward's house. The only wrong about the humor is that it's always just the secondary part of the joke that is actually funny, and not all of it. But besides that, the humor was pretty good.

Visuals: (6/10): Both the toenail scene and the ugliness of season 6 brought this down a lot. It's really not the best looking and cleanest SpongeBob episode, but it's fine enough.

Episode score: 150 points.

Back