101a. House Fancy

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
I like this episode. I always wanted to live in Squilliam's house ever since I saw this episode for the first time. The toenail scene was the only flaw, really. The rest of the episode is pretty good.

Growlie

Best Boy
EVSPONGEFAN said:
I like this episode. I always wanted to live in Squilliam's house ever since I saw this episode for the first time. The toenail scene was the only flaw, really. The rest of the episode is pretty good.
If I was In Squilliam's house, I would tie him and his staff up, and then I would destroy his house.

end

I need to call on an ambulance, because my energy has been sucked away from this episode. All inspiration that has ever existed has vanished. It's boring

I'm just happy Squidward won

honestly, this episode should have never contained SB. SB doesn't need to have some point in every episode, and this is a perfect episode in which they needed to follow the Plankton's Army formula

SquiddlyPie

random gal
How in the world is this bad!!?? Just for a toe-nail scene!?? I understand if someone is just disliking the episode in general but I can't understand those that are like ''Ohhh jeez, Toe-nail scene ruined it :('' How?!?!!!??? How can a 6 or 7 second scene ruin an 11min length episode!!?? Is even your mind OKAY???!!! Just delete the scene ...or CLOSE you ::dolphin noise:: eyes for 6-7 seconds and BOOM episode fixed..like what the barnacles.! -.- I can't say I liked the toe-nail scene (it makes me cringe everytime I watch it) but it's nothing, it's only some seconds....At least, Squidward had a good ending at the end, in fact, I loved the episode, the Squilliam house tour was amazing, Squidward being jealous was even better :P I'd give it a 9.5/10

end

I need to call on an ambulance, because my energy has been sucked away from this episode. All inspiration that has ever existed has vanished. It's boring
Yeah, I've changed my mind. This is one of Season 6's better outings.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Man this episode is really dull and forgettable, even with the toenail scene. I've just become so desensitized to it and even bringing in SpongeBob as a plot device that not even that held my attention much. Good to see that Squidward actually won though but yeah, not many jokes here at all either but at the same time, I'd rather watch this than "Dear Vikings" so I'll be nice and round my score up to a 5/10. Also just noticed the brain joke in this episode and in "Penny Foolish" though quite frankly, I kinda liked the way they used it here better so there's also that for me.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Alright. One of the episodes that MoBrosStudios deemed worthy of putting on the top 20 worst SpongeBob episodes list he did. After watching this several different times, I've come to the conclusion that it really isn't that bad and one of the better post movie Aaron Springer episodes.

The toenail gag still made me cringe a bit but it really didn't last that long at all. I think they could have made the part where Squilliam is showing off his home shorter and made the drawings of Squidward getting jealous a lot funnier and I mean in a way where the expressions just get more and more extreme. I even liked the part where Patrick randomly came in to use the bathroom.

It was also pretty awesome to have Squidward come out on top so for those reasons I'm gonna give this a 7/10.
Geez, how opinions can change upon rewatching something especially many many many months after I initially made this review. Who knows if my opinion of this episode will change again when rewatching it a couple more months down the line. :/

TalkWirtyTome

Imitation Krab
I want to be totally honest here.
I don't actually think this episode is bad. I find it a little dull and boring to watch (because I'm generally not interested in a lot of home shows so I didn't really get the point of a lot of the conversation between characters), but I think the only real reason I like it is because I absolutely adore Squilliam. I love episodes with him, he just sort of brightens everything and he's so snobby. I love him. I think he makes up for the episode not being drop-dead fantastic.
I think my problems with the episode are the toenail scene, and how stupid SpongeBob is. This was the time that his IQ dropped to, like, -500.
But, meh, overall, I think this episode is worth at least a 6.5/10 to me. I actually really enjoyed it, mostly for Squilliam and just looking inside his house.
His house is almost as beautiful as his unibrow. But nothing could beat that unibrow.

Faux Troll

Moby Dollar
Am I the only one who enjoyed Squilliam's tour of his house and didn't find it boring?

The toenail scene never bothered me, probably because I was already desensitized from watching every episode of Ren and Stimpy. Why does this scene get so much attention when
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=kv288Mj0oKsBIy8bSKUiHgkuFuTnErYcwGM6Oo44nSo%3D​
this doesn't receive any, anyway?​

Maybe it's my desensitization and therefore my inability to distinguish the levels of grossness from one another.

Or maybe it's the influence of a reviewer.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
8/10. Surprisingly enjoyable.

P.S. Come on people, the toenail scene was only like 15 seconds out of 11 minutes. It doesn't ruin the entire episode.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode gets WAY too much love.

Without the toenail scene, this would've been a dull, mediocre and forgettable episode, but with the toenail scene, it's still dull, mediocre and forgettable because it only takes up ten seconds. I will admit people hating on this episode because of the toenail scene is really stupid.

4/10

Back