101a. House Fancy

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Is this supposed to be funny? Because I see no humor. I hate toenail scene like everybody else, and the biggest problem is that Aaron Springer wrote this, and he co-wrote Band Geeks. This is why I prefer Old Spongebob.

spongebobfan64 said:
I actually think this episode is pretty underrated. I honestly didn't mind the toenail scene.
Show me your powers to withstand gross-out "humor".

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Is this supposed to be funny? Because I see no humor. I hate toenail scene like everybody else, and the biggest problem is that Aaron Springer wrote this, and he co-wrote Band Geeks. This is why I prefer Old Spongebob.

Show me your powers to withstand gross-out "humor".
Ive seen plenty of gross out stuff before and even that toenail scene made me cringe when I first saw it, though the rest of the ep I liked. Hadnt felt like that since I saw this a long time ago. I never thought a Nicktoon like Spongebob would eventually be able to surpass these scenes with their grossness and disturbing/dark/bizarre content at one point. Oh yeah, Vince, the creative director and Aaron actually worked on a short for Oh Yeah Cartoons together a long ago called Let's Talk Turkey, which I actually enjoyed. No gross humor at all. Strangely enough, Aaron Springer's student films and Korgoth pilot didnt gross me out much nor did the new Mickey Mouse shorts that he took part in writing.

WARNING: Very gross content in these two videos. dont watch if you're prone to puking or if you're trying to eat. I would have put the scene from that episode where the characters are living in a fish carcass and theres a part where the worms begin to rise and the characters are sweating a lot. I always found that scene hard to watcg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbuUycffhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if682VRHRIk

iyamtheman72 said:
Ive seen plenty of gross out stuff before and even that toenail scene made me cringe when I first saw it, though the rest of the ep I liked. Hadnt felt like that since I saw this a long time ago. I never thought a Nicktoon like Spongebob would eventually be able to surpass these scenes with their grossness and disturbing/dark/bizarre content at one point. Oh yeah, Vince, the creative director and Aaron actually worked on a short for Oh Yeah Cartoons together a long ago called Let's Talk Turkey, which I actually enjoyed. No gross humor at all. Strangely enough, Aaron Springer's student films and Korgoth pilot didnt gross me out much nor did the new Mickey Mouse shorts that he took part in writing.

WARNING: Very gross content in these two videos. dont watch if you're prone to puking or if you're trying to eat. I would have put the scene from that episode where the characters are living in a fish carcass and theres a part where the worms begin to rise and the characters are sweating a lot. I always found that scene hard to watcg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbuUycffhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if682VRHRIk
First video wasn't bad but the second video is just deeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

First video wasn't bad but the second video is just deeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Yup. I warned ya. To be fair, I always hated this episode a lot. its from the games era of the show but I linked to those to make a point. Anyway, a lot of Spongebob gross out is tame compared to that.

iyamtheman72 said:
Yup. I warned ya. To be fair, I always hated this episode a lot. its from the games era of the show but I linked to those to make a point. Anyway, a lot of Spongebob gross out is tame compared to that.
I still wanted to see these videos because I wanted to compare these to toenail scene. I agreed that SB gross-out humor is less disgusting than these videos.

I still wanted to see these videos because I wanted to compare these to toenail scene. I agreed that SB gross-out humor is less disgusting than these videos.
Yeah. Second one is the most disgusting of the two. I still can barely watch it. If you hate episodes like The Gift of Gum just be glad those arent nearly as cringeworthy to watch at least and that the toenail scene here was the only really awful part about this episode. I think Sb gross out is a bit easier to watch than in other shows that focused on that humor (Flapjack maybe) becquse the animation isnt so ugly to look at.

iyamtheman72 said:
Yeah. Second one is the most disgusting of the two. I still can barely watch it. If you hate episodes like The Gift of Gum just be glad those arent nearly as cringeworthy to watch at least and that the toenail scene here was the only really awful part about this episode. I think Sb gross out is a bit easier to watch than in other shows that focused on that humor (Flapjack maybe) becquse the animation isnt so ugly to look at.
The Gift of Gum is actually one of the only gross SB episodes that I liked, It had some funny moments and gross-out humor didn't gross me out much.

More

VIP
If they can delete the scene from Just One Bite where Squidward is burned by gasoline, why can't they delete the toenail scene? This episode would be bad without it, anyways. Boring if Spongebob is taken out entirely.

2.5/10

Supmandude

Squog
Great episode! The toenail scene was amazing and the rest of the episode is great too! 10/10 :D

Mantis

killer queen best stand
HarryPotterLives said:
To be honest, seeing Squidward punch Squilliam might have been kind of bada*s. But I'm glad they decided to have Squidward win instead. :P
Are you kidding me? I would pay to see Squidward punch Squilliam in the face!

Growlie

Best Boy
Spongetron Robotpants said:
Are you kidding me? I would pay to see Squidward punch Squilliam in the face!
So would I! Break that massive nose of his! He needed to be punched in I Heart Dancing to!

Kerdem

Banished
I Agree With It Wasn't Horrible For 20 Second Toenail Scene But It Wasn't A Great Episode Either Not Even One Of The Best Season 6 Episodes And Not A Great Starting In A Season Not Terrible As Season 7's Starting (BURN FOR HELL TENTACLE VISION!!!!!!) But Its Still Bad Overall;

4,5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
I don't like this episode. The ending was kinda cheap. I don't mind the toenail scene.

Growlie

Best Boy
What we all have to remember, even if some of you don't mind that...scene, if you were in Squidward's place you'd be screaming just like Squidward was screaming.

Supmandude

Squog
What we all have to remember, even if some of you don't mind that...scene, if you were in Squidward's place you'd be screaming just like Squidward was screaming.

Well, obviously. That's why it's so funny! :P

Growlie

Best Boy
Supmandude said:
Well, obviously. That's why it's so funny! :P
I'm afraid I have to disagree, for some people, they've had their toenail removed and found it horribly painful.
Surely you wouldn't be laughing If your toenail was ripped off. Laughing at Squidward's toenail being ripped
off is bad karma for you. Imagine oneday, you had to have a toenail removed, you'd be like...maybe I shouldn't have laughed
at Squidward after all.

Supmandude

Squog
I'm afraid I have to disagree, for some people, they've had their toenail removed and found it horribly painful.
Surely you wouldn't be laughing If your toenail was ripped off. Laughing at Squidward's toenail being ripped
off is bad karma for you. Imagine oneday, you had to have a toenail removed, you'd be like...maybe I shouldn't have laughed
at Squidward after all.
Squidward doesn't exist, if I had my toenail ripped off in real life I wouldn't even think of the scene for half a second. If I had had my toenail ripped off in the past and I saw it happen to Swuidward later, I think I'd still find it funny, though. It's just a cartoon. :P

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: House Fancy

This episode was pretty bad. This episode had unnecessary Squid abuse, Spongebob was flanderized (he was very idiotic and annoying), there was a infamous toenail scene and the ending was kinda cheap. Sure Squidward won, but the ending could be more creative. I liked Squilliam's appearance and the ending little bit when Squidward won. 4.5/10

Back