100a. Banned in Bikini Bottom

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
So I know I've said it a lot guys, but I this time I just have to say it...this episode, "Banned in Bikini Bottom" has got to be super forgettable. I mean this episode just exudes those vibes, starting with the title card which is for some reason Skipping to School? That is not at all an introductory track, that's for chat scenes lol. But honestly, that title card kind of tells us exactly what we're getting into.

The beginning of this episode shows SpongeBob being just like me with his whole “I know I’ve said this 90 times already” because I too love to repeat myself. Anyway, the song was definitely unexpected, and it wasn’t a bad song so I’m cool with it. I liked the frequent cuts between SpongeBob getting ready to shout and Squidward just trying to enjoy the little things about his job, they perfectly build up the eventual collision of these two things. And then the real plot of the episode comes in (though this first part of the episode does come back later, so it wasn’t “wasted time” as some may call it, which I have a whole rant I could go on about that but not today), with the entrance of a bunch of old ladies into the Krusty Krab. Frankly, I don’t like the design of these ladies…but I did like that they used the glasses to separate Miss Gristlepuss from the rest. And also the whole part where she talks to Squidward was boring and ran on too long. It was pretty amusing when SpongeBob came out singing the song after Mr. Krabs was hoping he’d show that the Krusty Krab was not “full of degeneracy”. However this time around the song did become a little bit annoying, but not horribly so. It was still mostly endearing. It’s mostly because I’m already annoyed by how pretentious Miss Gristlepuss is…but also the song went on a long time.

Despite how I annoyed I am at the entitlement and pretentiousness and rudeness of Miss Gristlepuss, I did like how confident Mr. Krabs was that she couldn’t close him down which directly cuts to the Krusty Krab being closed. And I also loved how Squidward relayed exactly how Mr. Krabs got himself into this situation. And of course once Mr. Krabs fully loses it, that was hilarious. Unfortunately this ends the only segment of the episode to be truly hysterical. From here it's just a lot of middling.

Moving on, Mr. Krabs decides to open a secret Krusty Krab in SpongeBob’s house…you know I enjoy “SpongeBob’s Place” a lot more than this episode, that’s for sure. And then, just like “20,000 Patties Under The Sea”, we get the unneeded entry of Plankton into this plot, and it is here that I’m really starting to become concerned over the oversaturation of Plankton. That’s 2 episodes now that he definitely didn’t need to be in, and I’m worried it’s becoming a trend. But I guess we’ll see about that as we move on to season 6 soon. Also, Plankton being a complete idiot in this scene was kind of weird, but at least we move on quickly enough. I liked the whole bit with Nat and Harold fighting, that was pretty funny and made me think of “No Weenies Allowed”. And as the episode goes on, my opinion about Plankton being unnecessary still doesn’t change, but at least he’s funny enough. I just can’t believe he’s a snitch.

This whole plot of Krabby Patties being banned is actually pretty entertaining on its own, because it’s fun to watch the Krusty Krew be outlaws in this way, especially when Mr. Krabs goes up to Squidward and is like “you haven’t seen any cops have you”. Honestly, Mr. Krabs is really good in this episode. His whole “pep talk” to SpongeBob is hilarious. But anyway, back to the general ban thing, I love how seriously these cops take the whole Krabby Patty thing, it’s a funny overreaction (at least until you think about how this looks too similar to swatting and ugh I hate everything). And then of course we have the end of the episode where Miss Gristlepuss accidentally eats a Krabby Patty, and starts singing SpongeBob’s song, falling in love with Krabby Patties. And it’s a fine ending. Not particularly funny or anything, but it’s nice to see everything turn out okay.

I think my biggest gripe with this episode is that it takes this actually kind of fun idea with Krabby Patties being banned, and doesn’t do enough with it. With the way season 5 had specials out the wazoo, this episode could’ve, and probably should’ve, been a special. At the very least it would give Plankton much more to do since he was completely unnecessary here (though even if this was a special I think he should be cut out entirely). It would also allow room for this episode to breathe in both the banning of the Krabby Patties and also in the secret restaurant, because as it is everything just happens too quick? But also it doesn't even feel that way because the humor really just wasn't here in this episode, outside of Mr. Krabs really carrying hard, so this episode feels a lot longer and slower than it actually is. It just feels kind of disappointing, if I’m being honest. I was going to put this episode in "Okay", but the annoyance I get from Miss Gristlepuss and the disappointment I feel in the missed opportunities is enough to push this episode over the edge into "Mediocre".

Episode Tier: Mediocre
Episode Score:
5.9/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
So I know I've said it a lot guys, but I this time I just have to say it...this episode, "Banned in Bikini Bottom" has got to be super forgettable. I mean this episode just exudes those vibes, starting with the title card which is for some reason Skipping to School? That is not at all an introductory track, that's for chat scenes lol. But honestly, that title card kind of tells us exactly what we're getting into.

The beginning of this episode shows SpongeBob being just like me with his whole “I know I’ve said this 90 times already” because I too love to repeat myself. Anyway, the song was definitely unexpected, and it wasn’t a bad song so I’m cool with it. I liked the frequent cuts between SpongeBob getting ready to shout and Squidward just trying to enjoy the little things about his job, they perfectly build up the eventual collision of these two things. And then the real plot of the episode comes in (though this first part of the episode does come back later, so it wasn’t “wasted time” as some may call it, which I have a whole rant I could go on about that but not today), with the entrance of a bunch of old ladies into the Krusty Krab. Frankly, I don’t like the design of these ladies…but I did like that they used the glasses to separate Miss Gristlepuss from the rest. And also the whole part where she talks to Squidward was boring and ran on too long. It was pretty amusing when SpongeBob came out singing the song after Mr. Krabs was hoping he’d show that the Krusty Krab was not “full of degeneracy”. However this time around the song did become a little bit annoying, but not horribly so. It was still mostly endearing. It’s mostly because I’m already annoyed by how pretentious Miss Gristlepuss is…but also the song went on a long time.

Despite how I annoyed I am at the entitlement and pretentiousness and rudeness of Miss Gristlepuss, I did like how confident Mr. Krabs was that she couldn’t close him down which directly cuts to the Krusty Krab being closed. And I also loved how Squidward relayed exactly how Mr. Krabs got himself into this situation. And of course once Mr. Krabs fully loses it, that was hilarious. Unfortunately this ends the only segment of the episode to be truly hysterical. From here it's just a lot of middling.

Moving on, Mr. Krabs decides to open a secret Krusty Krab in SpongeBob’s house…you know I enjoy “SpongeBob’s Place” a lot more than this episode, that’s for sure. And then, just like “20,000 Patties Under The Sea”, we get the unneeded entry of Plankton into this plot, and it is here that I’m really starting to become concerned over the oversaturation of Plankton. That’s 2 episodes now that he definitely didn’t need to be in, and I’m worried it’s becoming a trend. But I guess we’ll see about that as we move on to season 6 soon. Also, Plankton being a complete idiot in this scene was kind of weird, but at least we move on quickly enough. I liked the whole bit with Nat and Harold fighting, that was pretty funny and made me think of “No Weenies Allowed”. And as the episode goes on, my opinion about Plankton being unnecessary still doesn’t change, but at least he’s funny enough. I just can’t believe he’s a snitch.

This whole plot of Krabby Patties being banned is actually pretty entertaining on its own, because it’s fun to watch the Krusty Krew be outlaws in this way, especially when Mr. Krabs goes up to Squidward and is like “you haven’t seen any cops have you”. Honestly, Mr. Krabs is really good in this episode. His whole “pep talk” to SpongeBob is hilarious. But anyway, back to the general ban thing, I love how seriously these cops take the whole Krabby Patty thing, it’s a funny overreaction (at least until you think about how this looks too similar to swatting and ugh I hate everything). And then of course we have the end of the episode where Miss Gristlepuss accidentally eats a Krabby Patty, and starts singing SpongeBob’s song, falling in love with Krabby Patties. And it’s a fine ending. Not particularly funny or anything, but it’s nice to see everything turn out okay.

I think my biggest gripe with this episode is that it takes this actually kind of fun idea with Krabby Patties being banned, and doesn’t do enough with it. With the way season 5 had specials out the wazoo, this episode could’ve, and probably should’ve, been a special. At the very least it would give Plankton much more to do since he was completely unnecessary here (though even if this was a special I think he should be cut out entirely). It would also allow room for this episode to breathe in both the banning of the Krabby Patties and also in the secret restaurant, because as it is everything just happens too quick? But also it doesn't even feel that way because the humor really just wasn't here in this episode, outside of Mr. Krabs really carrying hard, so this episode feels a lot longer and slower than it actually is. It just feels kind of disappointing, if I’m being honest. I was going to put this episode in "Okay", but the annoyance I get from Miss Gristlepuss and the disappointment I feel in the missed opportunities is enough to push this episode over the edge into "Mediocre".

Episode Tier: Mediocre
Episode Score: 5.9/10
i do enjoy the song tho

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
ok so i should problaby go more to detail, the song is horrible problaby the worst in the show and versus some tough competition! (i can't keep my eyes off you and almost every atlantis squarepantis song) its a very boring episode and the idea of krabby patties being banned and having to keep it a secret could have worked with being a semi special like shangheid instead of being 11 minutes it could have been 15 minutes but it just had to be wasted with such a generic plot with ___ doesn't like krabby patties and doesn't even try them and OH SURPRISE when they eat it they like it! i have seen that with other foods in a million other shows its just so generic and time had to be wasted on that annoying song's i mean its just spongebob saying what we know is that he likes krabby patties! and plankton carries this episode so hard of being such a low rating otherwise its boring and generic and a few years later we got this episode while not doing the banning krabby patties thing it does do the thing of working at spongebob's house years later in spongebob's place which i think is one of the best season 10 episodes
Highlight: plankton
Rating: 4.5/10

SpongebobMaster

ok so new review this episode got worse the song got much more irritating and annoying it got more generic I hate these episodes where "this person does not like this but in the "climax" they try it and they like it!" so generic its much more boring I guess plankton makes it a....
3.5/10
(also this song is the worst)

SpongebobMaster

ok so new review this episode got worse the song got much more irritating and annoying it got more generic I hate these episodes where "this person does not like this but in the "climax" they try it and they like it!" so generic its much more boring I guess plankton makes it a....
3.5/10
ok so i should problaby go more to detail, the song is horrible problaby the worst in the show and versus some tough competition! (i can't keep my eyes off you and almost every atlantis squarepantis song) its a very boring episode and the idea of krabby patties being banned and having to keep it a secret could have worked with being a semi special like shangheid instead of being 11 minutes it could have been 15 minutes but it just had to be wasted with such a generic plot with ___ doesn't like krabby patties and doesn't even try them and OH SURPRISE when they eat it they like it! i have seen that with other foods in a million other shows its just so generic and time had to be wasted on that annoying song's i mean its just spongebob saying what we know is that he likes krabby patties! and plankton carries this episode so hard of being such a low rating otherwise its boring and generic and a few years later we got this episode while not doing the banning krabby patties thing it does do the thing of working at spongebob's house years later in spongebob's place which i think is one of the best season 10 episodes
Highlight: plankton
Rating: 4.5/10
(also this song is the worst)
Holds up really good (the reviews not the episode) 2.5/10
  1. The Two Faces Of Squidward
  2. Friend or foe (10/10)
  3. The Donut Of Shame (10/10)
  4. Roller Cowards (10/10)
  5. Krabs à La Mode (10/10)
  6. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  7. Pest Of The West (9.5./10)
  8. Spongebob Vs The Patty Gadget (9.5/10)
  9. Bucket Sweet Bucket (9.5/10)
  10. The Krusty Sponge (9.5/10)
  11. Sing A Song Of Patrick (9.5/10)
  12. Inmates Of Summer (9.5/10)
  13. The Krusty Plate (9/10)
  14. Rise And Shine (9/10)
  15. SpongeHenge (8.5/10)
  16. New Digs (8.5/10)
  17. Blackened Sponge (8.5/10)
  18. BlackJack (8.5/10)
  19. Night Light (8.5/10)
  20. Money talks (8.5/10)
  21. Goo Goo Gas (7.5/10)
  22. Breath Of Fresh Squidward (7.5/10)
  23. The Battle of Bikini Bottom (6.5/10)
  24. Pat No Pay (6.5/10)
  25. Slimy Dancing (5.5/10)
  26. Le Big Switch (5/10)
  27. 20,000 Patties Under The Sea (4.5.10)
  28. The Original Fry Cook (4.5/10)
  29. Good Ol'Whatshisname (3.5/10)
  30. Boat Smarts (3/10)
  31. Picture Day (2.5/10)
  32. Banned In Bikini Bottom (2.5/10)
  33. A Flea In Her Dome (2/10)
  34. What Ever Happened To Spongebob? (1.5/10
  35. To Save A Squirrel (1/10)
  36. Waiting (1/10)
  37. Fungus Amongus (0.5/10)
  38. To love a patty (0/10)
  39. Atlantis Squarepantis (-99999/10)