099b. SpongeHenge

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I hate this episode. It had no good plot. The ending was boring and stupid. One of the worst and boring episodes in the entire series. 1/10

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I really like this episode. It has that "spongebob is going insane" kind of theme that I like. The ending is great too and was a nice twist.

9/10.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I think I saw this one twice and still did not care for it mainly because it was so boring and dull. I know they were trying to do something different but the humor was missing. I'll stick with "Jellyfish Jam" thanks.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
How can people say this episode is boring? It has a lot of bad things, but boring is the last thing I can say about it.

This episode, in the whole plot idea, is the darkest SB had yet. I'm serious, It used to freak me out as a kid, and it's still now.

Think about the plot- A huge storm occurs in Bikini Bottom, which is already scary. Spongebob gets bothered by jellyfishes all of the time because of his sponge holes, and slowly, people kick him from society.
Spongebob starts to lose his sanity, a bit by bit, by hiding in a cave for most of his life. Without seeing anyone for so long, he's a mad man. And the jellyfishes are still there, almost killing him with anger.
When he manages to scare the jellyfishes away by building the statues (I don't know why, but it's another disturbing scene for me), he sees that the krusty krab is buried in sand.
Remember that the krusty krab is the most important thing in Spongebob's life.. Was the most important thing.
His life are lost, and he screams "How long have I been gone?" and then yells "NOOOO!" until the end of the episode.
That's crazy. It's worst than most of my nightmares.
And the epilogue is also very disturbing, with the cyborgs of alien origin that come to see the statues that Spongebob build, which is apparently a popular tourist attraction. And the episode ends with one of the aliens saying that no one knows how the statues were built.
Think about it. Spongebob was deleted from history. Now, no one knows about him, and no one knows the pain he had.

So, the plot of this episode is the most creative plot Spongebob Squarepants has ever seen. I'm not saying this episode is good, it's average at most, but it has a sort of brilliance.

..And now, people are going to argue with me for having a different opinion.

Ohad said:
How can people say this episode is boring? It has a lot of bad things, but boring is the last thing I can say about it.

This episode, in the whole plot idea, is the darkest SB had yet. I'm serious, It used to freak me out as a kid, and it's still now.

Think about the plot- A huge storm occurs in Bikini Bottom, which is already scary. Spongebob gets bothered by jellyfishes all of the time because of his sponge holes, and slowly, people kick him from society.
Spongebob starts to lose his sanity, a bit by bit, by hiding in a cave for most of his life. Without seeing anyone for so long, he's a mad man. And the jellyfishes are still there, almost killing him with anger.
When he manages to scare the jellyfishes away by building the statues (I don't know why, but it's another disturbing scene for me), he sees that the krusty krab is buried in sand.
Remember that the krusty krab is the most important thing in Spongebob's life.. Was the most important thing.
His life are lost, and he screams "How long have I been gone?" and then yells "NOOOO!" until the end of the episode.
That's crazy. It's worst than most of my nightmares.
And the epilogue is also very disturbing, with the cyborgs of alien origin that come to see the statues that Spongebob build, which is apparently a popular tourist attraction. And the episode ends with one of the aliens saying that no one knows how the statues were built.
Think about it. Spongebob was deleted from history. Now, no one knows about him, and no one knows the pain he had.

So, the plot of this episode is the most creative plot Spongebob Squarepants has ever seen. I'm not saying this episode is good, it's average at most, but it has a sort of brilliance.

..And now, people are going to argue with me for having a different opinion.
I don't think it's as bad as people say it is. Just for the interesting concept alone, I'd give this like a 5/10 but it felt like something was watered down a lot in the final product I'd say. I really want to like it but I really don't know exactly what to think of it. It felt so different than any episode I've ever watched. I'll probably give this one another look.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I don't think it's as bad as people say it is. Just for the interesting concept alone, I'd give this like a 5/10 but it felt like something was watered down a lot in the final product I'd say. I really want to like it but I really don't know exactly what to think of it. It felt so different than any episode I've ever watched. I'll probably give this one another look.
Oh, yeah, the episode overall is pretty bad, because it literally had no jokes. I just don't see how people call it "boring" and "dull".
By the way, I forgot the scariest moment in the entire episode- When at the end, we can hear Spongebob laughing from the statues. This part just feels really messed up.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
This episode is really boring and one of the more forgettable ones. I cant really remember what happened in this one. All I remember is the lame ending.

Award said:
OK I don't see the hate. Yeah it might be flawed a bit and boring and confusing, BUT NOT BOTTOM 10 WORTHY! I think it's decent to see SpongeBob try and survive all alone. So I give it a 7.5/10. So underrated and it's sad.
Hmmm Spongebob trying to survive by himself. That sounds like Nature Pants. This episode is a Nature Pants rip-off. Isnt that wonderful?

HarryPotterLives said:
This was a dumber version of Jellyfish Jam, and Jellyfish Jam isn't exactly great to begin with.
Jellyfish Jam was a great episode.

This episode was pretty much going for a Twilight Zone kind of story overall and I can now sort of see how that would be most likely. I think I might rewatch this one again and maybe try looking at it from that POV next time.

Spongetron Robotpants said:
This episode is really boring and one of the more forgettable ones. I cant really remember what happened in this one. All I remember is the lame ending.

Hmmm Spongebob trying to survive by himself. That sounds like Nature Pants. This episode is a Nature Pants rip-off. Isnt that wonderful?

Jellyfish Jam was a great episode.
I think this episode is a mixed version of Jellyfishing Jam and Nature Pants. I actually love this episode because It's really dark, creepy and crazy, I love these kind of episodes. Honestly, I didn't really got bored. Excluding depesssing ending (It was like the end of the World), I liked everything else in this episode. I agree that Jellyfishing Jam is a great episode.

Gary Look Doubloons!

Magister Slayer
Oh.. this episode. Don't get me started. It was horrible. Pointless. Whenever it comes on, I feel like one more Patrick Not-star just died. I can't stand it...

-99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999966969999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

Rewatched this one again. Better than I remembered though still kinda a weird story altogether. I liked the reference to "Suds" when SpongeBob said his hands were too big for the buttons on his telephone and I had no clue that was Alan Smart himself as the sun. I think Dee Bradley Baker was there too so that was also an interesting touch I didn't catch the first time. I'm gonna safely assume this isn't supposed to be canon and from that perspective, I can give it some credit for creativity. Also this time I definitely wasn't bored because I could actually understand what they were trying to get at with the references. Definitely don't think this one deserves as much hate as it gets.

Main problem was that it could have been funnier and I wish Tom Kenny had done a better job voicing Spongebob here. I think I'll add one more point onto my initial score and give it a 6/10 overall. It's far from being one of the worst episodes of the show but compared to its sister episode "Two Faces of Squidward", it falls short on the laughs for me. It's similar to how I felt about "To Save a Squirrel" when I first watched that ep, which I really need to take another look at. I also just noticed that SpongeBob isn't exactly drawn like a perfect rectangle yet. In some scenes he has more of that asymmetrical design he had before.

end

An episode I do not know whether to like or dislike. Popeye Q. Krabs said it best: it is an interesting idea on paper, and ultimately suffers from a lack of substance. The only memorable bit of the episode was the ending, but even that is watered down by lack of build up. Grade: C

More

VIP
The episode is apparently PGR's personal least favorite. But while I agree it's bad, it's far from SpongeBob's worst. The episode seemed to be trying to parody something, but it didn't seem to exist. That led to the episode itself being uninteresting because all our interest was taken away by thinking about what it's parodying. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom was clearly "The Blob." Planet of the Jellyfish was clearly "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." The episode also forgets the show is underwater.

By the way, here's Mr. Enter's take.

mr__enter_s_notebook__spongehenge_by_mrenter-d7vws4p.png

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This episode is really creepy. There's a lot of Spongebob abuse from Patrick and MOSTLY THE JELLYFISH. It's super annoying and stupid. PGR's comment about how it seems like a parody to a movie that doesn't exist is very true. I think the worst part of this episode is Spongebob's scream of when the Krusty Krab sinks. 2.5/10

Jerry

404 - Jerry not Found
To sum it up in one sentence: I dislike the episode for having a creepy vibe but not really using that to it's advantage with no comedy to back it up.

2/10

Back