095a. The Inmates of Summer

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink

What did you all think of this episode? I just saw it for the first time in about 3 years and I have to say it's pretty funny. The plot is very original and something I never would of thought of. It's funny how SB and Patrick don't even pay attention to what camp's boat they are sailing away on. I love the little play they put together with the inmates! I am watching a few Season 5 episodes right now and this one really stood out as a genuinely good one. I'd give it a 7.9/10

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
I actually like this episode and to me it doesn't get old. Its on my pest of the west dvd and thats like the only one I enjoy. I will give this episode a 8/10

cwn

Porous Freak
I don't like this episode. However, it is better than it's partner, To Save A Squirrel.

hfjs

This was a pretty good episode. An.....odd plot with humorous jokes.

Spongeo

Professional Mayo Player
I loved how Sb and Patrick were clueless about where they were and actually enjoyed it lol I love this one! 10/10

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
This was a pretty cliche plot, you see stuff like this done all the time on TV and in movies. I wouldn't mind if the episode was exceptionally good, but it wasn't. It was just average.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This was a very awesome episode, and one of the best in season 5. It was well-written, and had a creative premise. SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally boarding the prison ship was funny, and it was hilarious when they were enjoying the "camp activites". And, the musical number "Together" was great, and I loved it. It was unforgettable, and the lyrics were fantastic! I actually felt very sorry for SB and Pat at the end of the episode, but minus that, this is one of season 5's finest. I highly recommend this! 9/10

More

VIP
I feel like I'm the only one who hates this episode.

More

VIP
SB_DW_Fan said:
Just so I don't sound like an internet hater.

The Inmates of Summer, ugh, the episode is around a very bad premise. It starts when SpongeBob goes on a boat to summer camp. Well, last time I checked, HE IS A LEGAL ADULT! Then Patrick childishly comes in. Also, SpongeBob's obliviousness to the fact they went on the wrong boat really bothered me. Can he see? There isn't some kind of security check, doesn't the general recognize he's not in an inmate? A lot of the episode is just the general torturing SpongeBob and, with his optimistic attitude, always doesn't get it. Did it have funny jokes? Yes.

"I prefer to re-cycle."

That's one of them. The episode is actually full of them. But yet again so is Pet Sitter Pat, which was worse. Yeah, you can have good jokes, but PLEASE put them around a good plot. And the design for SpongeBob and Patrick filled with Chum was HIDEOUS. Why is SpongeBob even having fun? The paper joke was funny, but the ::dolphin noise::ing song could fit on one page without question! Heck, it fit on one page on the SBM music section. Also, the song is just terrible. Okay, Patrick's instrumentals were funny, but the rest of it was EXTREMELY repetitive. And you know what, the inmates decide to use the play as a way to escape the prison on the boat, which stupidly was made of CARDBOARD!!! Also how could the camp leader SURVIVE rowing on a tiny raft? Ad the ending was just stupid. Why would the inmates think they COULD be SpongeBob, and really, did you have to end on lame macaroni art? And then what? They wanted to go to Sun Fun Island, and they say THEY LIKED THE PRISON BETTER!!! And they annoyingly cry. Yes, it was a kinda funny episode, but yet again, it centered around a TERRIBLE premise. My main problem is not that it's my sister's favorite episode, (I can remember the first episode I watched, I'm POSITIVE that my hatred had absolutely NOTHING to do with that fact, she told me AFTER I first saw the episode and hated it) the problem is that it's as CHILDISH as ::dolphin noise::. Heck, even I didn't like it at that age. I thought SpongeBob was meant for ALL ages, because here they didn't even TRY doing that. Yet again, SpongeBob being an ADULT, and an oblivious one at that, was another major problem. Long story short, the episode was somewhat but not really FUNNY, but wrapped around a TERRIBLE premise.

I guess it's not the worst Season 5 episode anymore, as Atlantis SquarePantis takes the cake, but it's up there.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
I didn't like the ending, I would have preferred to see SB and Patrick enjoying the other camp.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 5

Episode: The Inmates of Summer

This episode was pretty good. The plot was nice. Spongebob and Patrick's obliviousness actually worked here. The song was ok. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

Back