093b. Pat No Pay

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Not a good episode for me....sure I did laugh at the end with Patrick's quote ''Can I eat now?'' but again, I find it pointless...the whole plot of this episode... Not funny for me...IDK , not a BAD episode though , still a MEH... 6/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I like the one time Mr. Krabs doesn't deserve torture he gets it. This episode has very few funny parts and has little to separate from Patrick's other adventures. Bland and unoriginal sum this one up well. There are many better episodes where we get to see Patrick work at the Krusty Krab.

4.5/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I don't hate this one like most people do. It's nothing special (Mainly because it's just Patrick being stupid), but at least it's not that annoying since it's pretty short.

5.5/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Wow, I never knew people hated this one. I actually preferred this one over BlackJack and Picture Day. Why? I was more entertained by this one. I don't know, it's just that I liked it. Although, it's not my favorite Season 5 short, I can actually tolerate what happened in this episode. I don't think Patrick was a jerk here, because he didn't mean to do any malicious intent here. I thought he was okay in this episode. We've seen the Krusty Krab getting destroyed many times. We know Patrick is stupid, but his stupidity didn't bother me at all. The only part I didn't like was the garbage part, but the rest of the episode was good in my opinion. It's a really underrated Season 5 short/episode and I think it is a good one.

All right! The last short of Season 5 and it's... mediocre. Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with this one tbh. I'm not saying that it's bad, it just could have been SO much better. The premise is OK, but the execution is lackluster. There were some funny jokes, but most of the episode was just infuriating. If you want a better episode with "Pat" and "No" in the title, try No Hat for Pat. Does anybody else confuse those two?

Highlight: Patrick "paying for it."

Final Ranking
1. The Krusty Plate (A+)
2. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
3. Money Talks (B)
4. Picture Day (B)
5. Boat Smarts (B)
6. Rise and Shine ( C )
7. The Donut of Shame ( C )
8. Pat No Pay ( C )
9. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
10. Waiting (E)

There were 5 good episodes (Boat Smarts, Money Talks, SB vs the Patty Gadget, The Krusty Plate, and Picture Day), 3 okay episodes (Rise and Shine, Donut of Shame, and Pat No Pay), and only two bad episodes (Waiting and Good Ol' Whatshisname).

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
It seems the only joke this episode can tell is "Patrick is stupid and ignorant". Which would've been funny if Patrick actually did funny stuff but he's just annoying in this episode. This episode also has no substance. I feel like if this episode was just a few minutes longer than it actually could've been good, but this is just bland and uninteresting.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget (8)
4. Sing a Song of Patrick (8)
5. The Krusty Plate (8)
6. Friend or Foe (8)
7. Krabs à La Mode (8)
8. The Krusty Sponge (7)
9. Goo Goo Gas (7)
10. New Digs (7)
11. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
12. Picture Day (6)
13. Money Talks (6)
14. The Donut of Shame (6)
15. Night Light (5)
16. Boat Smarts (5)
17. Rise and Shine (5)
18. Slimy Dancing (5)
19. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
20. The Original Fry Cook (5)
21. Le Big Switch (5)
22. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
23. Pat No Pay (4)
24. A Flea in Her Dome (4)
25. To Love A Patty (3)
26. Waiting (3)
27. Atlantis Squarepantis (3)
28. Fungus Among Us (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I pretty much liked absolutely nothing about this episode. The jokes were stupid and it didnt even leave a chuckle out of me. Plus that ending was awful

Rating: Horrible Episode

Rankings:
Roller Cowards (Perfect)
Friend or Foe (Perfect)
Goo Goo Gas (Amazing!)
Spy Buddies (Amazing!)
SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget (Amazing!)
Atlantis SquarePantis (Great)
Sing a Song of Patrick (Great)
Bucket Sweet Bucket (Great)
Krab a la Mode (Great)
The Donut of Shame (Great)
Slimy Dancing (Great)
Picture Day (Great)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Great)
Rise and Shine (Great)
The Krusty Plate (Great)
Le Big Switch (Great)
Boat Smarts (Meh)
A Flea in her Dome (Meh)
Fungus Among Us (Meh)
Night Light (Alright)
The Krusty Sponge (Okay)
The Original Fry Cook (Okay)
New Digs (Okay)
Good Ol' Whathisname (Bad)
Money Talks (Bad)
Pat No Pay (Horrible)
To Love a Patty (Terrible)
Waiting (Terrible)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I really don't understand why the writers thought that Patrick screwing up his manual labor several times counts as funny, it just comes off as incredibly repetitive, obnoxious and lazy. This episode really doesn't have anything to offer besides that. The actual plot of Patrick paying for his food in unusual ways does sound interesting, but there's not much substance pulled out of it. It's executed in the most basic way possible, and very few jokes are told. I laughed at "krabby patty withdrawal", but that's the only good thing about the episode

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we’ve got “Pat No Pay”, which I didn’t realize was a 4-minute episode until I reviewed “Picture Day”, but now that I think about it this short length makes perfect sense, because I never did remember much happening in this episode...at least when I remembered it correctly. See, because I frequently mix this one up with "No Hat For Pat". "Pat No Pay" is probably better than that one though. I won't make any solid opinions yet, because I haven't seen "No Hat For Pat" in a long time. But I mean...this episode uses Hawaiian Train as its title card music, AKA the song they used for the title music of “Help Wanted”, so that has to count for something, right? (spoiler alert, no it doesn't because this song was also used for “To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants”, although that’s another episode in sore need of a rewatch, but I can basically guarantee it probably will not be in my “Amazing” tier when I do get to it next month…god why are there so many specials in these next 4 or so seasons) Anyway, this is also our last short for quite a long time (we’ve never gotten another 4 minute episode, and the next episode that’s like 6 minutes won’t be until season 11 I think? Can’t quite remember, and I don't feel like looking it up.)

Okay, let's get into the episode proper, shall we? I love how the business of Krusty Krab fluctuates depending on the episode. In some episodes, the place is packed to the brim. In others, it’s absolutely deserted. Consistency is overrated at times, isn't it? Anyway, this beginning set up part with Patrick coming in with Krabby Patty withdrawals is entertaining enough, though I question Mr. Krabs’ logic in letting Patrick have the patties before paying lmao. I love the way Patrick interpreted “paying” too, that was pretty funny. God, I can’t even imagine eating that many burgers, I’d literally die of heart failure right then and there. Anyway, I love how the Krusty Krab immediately goes on lock down when it’s revealed that Patrick can’t pay, because that implies that there is a whole process for incidents like these, which is definitely in character for Mr. Krabs. I also like that we see the locked down Krusty Krab throughout the rest of the episode, it was nice that they kept that consistent.

As the rest of the episode plays out, I’m reminded a lot of “Big Pink Loser” as Patrick keeps screwing up every job he’s given because of his short attention span and sheer stupidity, such as how he starts eating hand soap in the bathroom, or smashing a freezer into a barrel when asked to put ice cubes in the barrel. Mr. Krabs’ muttering and grumbling really help these scenes too. And as for the last task, Patrick actually does this well, until SpongeBob gets a bag of money and we all see where this is going (also, question, where exactly is the safe that Mr. Krabs wanted SpongeBob to put that money into, because isn’t his safe…behind him? Eh, don’t know, don’t care, not my problem). And even though it is predictable, the ensuing brief bit of chaos that is Patrick throwing the money bag into the compactor is funny enough. Especially once we get my favorite bit of random exploding and all the money shreds in Mr. Krabs’ face.

There really isn't much else to say about this episode, given that it's so short and only has a few main gags and segments. But that doesn't mean this episode is bad at all, because it's not. While "Pat No Pay" is not a particularly funny episode, it is very amusing, and it has enough funny bits to let this episode cruise right into my “Great” tier. I also think this episode did a great job at spending its 4 minutes wisely. So we have yet another short episode that outclasses “Rise and Shine” in just about every regard! Everyone clap.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.4/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
He got a free lunch by destroying the krusty krab simply Epic
6.5/10
  1. Friend or foe (10/10)
  2. The Donut Of Shame (10/10)
  3. Roller Cowards (10/10)
  4. Krabs à La Mode (10/10)
  5. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  6. Spongebob Vs The Patty Gadget (9.5/10)
  7. Bucket Sweet Bucket (9.5/10)
  8. The Krusty Sponge (9.5/10)
  9. Sing A Song Of Patrick (9.5/10)
  10. The Krusty Plate (9/10)
  11. Rise And Shine (9/10)
  12. New Digs (8.5/10)
  13. Night Light (8.5/10)
  14. Money talks (8.5/10)
  15. Goo Goo Gas (7.5/10)
  16. Breath Of Fresh Squidward (7.5/10)
  17. Pat No Pay (6.5/10)
  18. Slimy Dancing (5.5/10)
  19. Le Big Switch (5/10)
  20. The Original Fry Cook (4.5/10)
  21. Good Ol'Whatshisname (3.5/10)
  22. Boat Smarts (3/10)
  23. Picture Day (2.5/10)
  24. A Flea In Her Dome (2/10)
  25. Waiting (1/10)
  26. Fungus Amongus (0.5/10)
  27. To love a patty (0/10)
  28. Atlantis Squarepantis (-99999/10)

distinctincident5624

Imitation Krab
I think this episode is a little overhated. Nowhere near good, but it's not that bad. I just find it forgettable. Patrick's idiocy didn't bother me too much for some reason.

5/10

Back