093a. Picture Day

This was an interesting watch. Action packed episode with decent comedy. Though I found Patrick to be really annoying and I thought that SpongeBob crying was unnecessary, the other parts were great. It was a nice episode.

Highlight: Trashman mistaking SpongeBob for garbage.

Ranking so far
1. The Krusty Plate (A+)
2. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
3. Money Talks (B)
4. Picture Day (B)
5. Boat Smarts (B)
6. Rise and Shine ( C )
7. The Donut of Shame ( C )
8. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
9. Waiting (E)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one was alright for what it was. Some of the actions scenes were pretty good, and I thought the ways that Spongebob got dirty were pretty creative too. I didn't really like the last part where Spongebob was crying, but other than that this episode was pretty decent.

Decent episode (6/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget (8)
4. Sing a Song of Patrick (8)
5. The Krusty Plate (8)
6. Friend or Foe (8)
7. Krabs à La Mode (8)
8. The Krusty Sponge (7)
9. Goo Goo Gas (7)
10. New Digs (7)
11. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
12. Picture Day (6)
13. Money Talks (6)
14. The Donut of Shame (6)
15. Night Light (5)
16. Boat Smarts (5)
17. Rise and Shine (5)
18. Slimy Dancing (5)
19. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
20. The Original Fry Cook (5)
21. Le Big Switch (5)
22. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
23. A Flea in Her Dome (4)
24. To Love A Patty (3)
25. Waiting (3)
26. Atlantis Squarepantis (3)
27. Fungus Among Us (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I hated the way Patrick acted in that Taco Drop Scene. But this episode was fun and it had a good amount of humor.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Roller Cowards (Perfect)
Friend or Foe (Perfect)
Goo Goo Gas (Amazing!)
Spy Buddies (Amazing!)
SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget (Amazing!)
Atlantis SquarePantis (Great)
Sing a Song of Patrick (Great)
Bucket Sweet Bucket (Great)
Krab a la Mode (Great)
The Donut of Shame (Great)
Slimy Dancing (Great)
Picture Day (Great)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Great)
Rise and Shine (Great)
The Krusty Plate (Great)
Le Big Switch (Great)
Boat Smarts (Meh)
A Flea in her Dome (Meh)
Fungus Among Us (Meh)
Night Light (Alright)
The Krusty Sponge (Okay)
The Original Fry Cook (Okay)
New Digs (Okay)
Good Ol' Whathisname (Bad)
Money Talks (Bad)
To Love a Patty (Terrible)
Waiting (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
For today's episode, we've got "Picture Day"! Now this is definitely the pinnacle of forgotten episodes, I’d say. Well...maybe not the peak because there's some stiff competition there, but it’s definitely a great example of one. The only reason I remember this episode, to be completely honest, is because of a game I used to play on Nick.com. But anyway, other than that game, I feel like this episode is very forgotten about. Which is too bad, because I don’t like when any episode is forgotten. Yes, even the really bad ones. Which this episode isn't, by the way.

This episode heralds the return to a line I feel like we haven’t been balancing on very much as of late (which is good because we’ve been tipped into the “SpongeBob is an adult” side of the line, which is where I prefer to be), the SpongeBob being a child vs. an adult line, as this episode is all about him wanting to look his best for picture day at boating school. And as for the beginning scene of the episode, I enjoyed all the cool visual gags we see while SpongeBob gets ready, such as him painting on his sock stripes and his pants. Honestly SpongeBob was rocking those locs too. Or were they twists? Idk but he made them work. Unfortunately the man prefers to be bald. And then of course we get introduced to the basic structure of this episode real quick, as SpongeBob starts to go through a series of unfortunate, perfect-look ruining events, each more absurd than the last. The part with the teenagers is hilarious, I kind of love how teenagers are portrayed in this episode. Not that it’s realistic, but it is funny. And it’s also quite dramatic, I love the way Harold is like “save yourself, I’m finished”, all the while he’s looking like he’s bleeding out on the floor. And of course, it’s always (well, not always, but it is in this case) funny to see SpongeBob go through so much effort not to get the teenagers’ ketchup on him, just to get ketchup squirted on him by an old guy with no aim. SpongeBob’s defeated, blank look and reaction I think helps this out a lot lol. At least the next time he goes out, he plans ahead and wears some SpongeGloss.

During SpongeBob’s next attempt to get to boating school, I love how he acts like this is some kind of spy movie, hiding everywhere à la “I Had An Accident”. Of course, this fails spectacularly when his SpongeGloss causes an accident which covers him in stamps, oatmeal, and glue, which was hilarious. And then Patrick shows up out of nowhere. And we also get another use of that rare track from “Atlantis SquarePantis” (the only other use), so that’s fun. But then of course Patrick ruins it by throwing him on a taco lmao, which ended up being funnier than I expected. Of course, poor SpongeBob ends up breaking down after this. I love the whole part where he finally gets the photo taken, because the photographer gets him cleaned up and it seems like he’s ready to go, but then he gives SpongeBob the ugliest fit known to man lmao, and SpongeBob keeps crying which is justified because wtf is that fit. And then when the photographer brings out the pearlies, I thought that was pretty funny especially because of how horrendous they look. SpongeBob definitely has a…look for his photo, that’s for sure. I thought the ending of this episode was cute too, and very satisfying after all the trials and tribulations SpongeBob was put through. Mans knows how to show out for the camera…hehe, he sure does.

So I actually didn’t realize that this episode was shorter than the 11-minute runtime, being a 7-minute episode, until I got to this point in the review and thought 'man, I did not say a lot today'. So of course I decided to look at the SpongeBob Wiki and I saw that this was a 7-minute episode, while "Pat No Pay" is a 4-minute short one. So that's another short I forgot about lol (or more forgot it was a short rather than forgetting the episode itself). Seriously, why did season 5 have so many short segments???? And why was it only season 5??

Returning back to the discussion of "Picture Day", there's nothing really special about it. Honestly, there's nothing very funny either, but I still find this episode to be decently enjoyable. I think it just fits into my "Good" tier, just barely. It doesn't deserve to be in "Okay", let's put it that way.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.2/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
season 5 just keeps going downhill from here...
  1. Friend or foe (10/10)
  2. The Donut Of Shame (10/10)
  3. Roller Cowards (10/10)
  4. Krabs à La Mode (10/10)
  5. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  6. Spongebob Vs The Patty Gadget (9.5/10)
  7. Bucket Sweet Bucket (9.5/10)
  8. The Krusty Sponge (9.5/10)
  9. Sing A Song Of Patrick (9.5/10)
  10. The Krusty Plate (9/10)
  11. Rise And Shine (9/10)
  12. New Digs (8.5/10)
  13. Night Light (8.5/10)
  14. Money talks (8.5/10)
  15. Goo Goo Gas (7.5/10)
  16. Breath Of Fresh Squidward (7.5/10)
  17. Slimy Dancing (5.5/10)
  18. Le Big Switch (5/10)