092. Atlantis Squarepantis

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff

Capsule: http://www.sbmania.n...sodes.php?id=92
Transcript: http://www.sbmania.n...ipts.php?id=204

Description: An ancient medallion helps SpongeBob and pals get to Atlantis, home to The World's Oldest Living Bubble. When Patrick accidentally pops the bubble, everyone's on the run from the Atlantean Guards.

I liked this episode.. some good songs in it and the plot was alright. Some funny parts with the ancient bubble. I think David Bowie did a great job.. although his character was a bit strange
Overall I think this episode is slightly underrated around here

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
Capsule: http://www.sbmania.n...sodes.php?id=92
Transcript: http://www.sbmania.n...ipts.php?id=204

Description: An ancient medallion helps SpongeBob and pals get to Atlantis, home to The World's Oldest Living Bubble. When Patrick accidentally pops the bubble, everyone's on the run from the Atlantean Guards.

I liked this episode.. some good songs in it and the plot was alright. Some funny parts with the ancient bubble. I think David Bowie did a great job.. although his character was a bit strange
Overall I think this episode is slightly underrated around here
David Bowie is strange to begin with -_-

hasfarr

your mom
I love David Bowie, this episode was a pretty decent one. I've always seen people hate on it solely for the reason that it's a musical episode. But we really don't have a lot of those.

I don't like this episode at all. It really isn't good, in my opinion. Not just because it is a musical, but the overall premise. You have Spongebob going to the lost city of Atlantis, but instead of King Neptune being there, you get Lord Royal Highness. Lord Royal Highness is voiced by David Bowie, but he isn't going to sing the whole time. The hype, the marketing, the video games, the Burger King promotional toys, et cetera. All of this promotion, to lead up to such a disappointing episode. If it was just an episode itself, I don't think it would be nearly as bad, however, they promoted it, making it sound to be the best of the best. When, it was as weak as an average Season 5 episode (which is pretty weak). I have never seen the whole thing, and I never will. I was into Cartoon Network back when it came out, so I wasn't aboard the hype train, however I did later end up seeing it. I was disappointed because I remember all the press it got.

1.5|10 Overall.

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
This special isn't as bad as people say it is. It has a good plot, and some jokes here and there. It had it's moments, but it also had it's not very good moments. Some parts I just didn't like. Decent. 6.5/10

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector

Supmandude

Squog
A huge problem I have with this is the pacing. Everything just happens too quick and there's not enough time to care about the characters at all. I felt like the writers forgot they were writing a TV movie throughout most of it. =/ Also, I thought the Patchy scenes were extremely underrated and the best part of the whole thing. :p

Vendri

Imitation Krab
Easily the worst SpongeBob "special" of all time.

1: All of the hype, merchandise, and games for it, all leading up to a horrible special that lied about what it was going to be.

2: It was a musical. That'd be fine and dandy if the songs were good. Are they? NO! The worst one is probably Sandy's, with the video game references.

3: The Patchy segment not only has a big gaping plot hole before the title screen for the "special" appears, but the segment itself is stupid, and it makes no sense.

4: Isn't Atlantis ruled by King Neptune? Apparently not in this "Special". Instead its ruled by "Lord Royal Highness" in this. Yes, I know the name for this guy is horrible.

5: The backstory of the Atlanteans is awful. They basically left their home planet for no reason, and traveled billions of light years from their home planet to Atlantis, and they treat a really old bubble as their most beloved relic. Yes. A bubble.

This special is just garbage all around, and in my opinion, the worst SB special of all time.

1/10.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
It was okay, but not the greatest. The plot was okay, but too much singing. Also, the worst part is the Patchy segments.

My rating for this episode: 6/10.

Back