092. Atlantis Squarepantis

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
honestly it was going to be a 11 minute episode but they didn't and went for this boring episode for like 1 hour its not tolerable if i could have chosen 1 episode to be the tv movie if they went for this it should have been whobob whatpants/whatever happened to spongebob since that would have made for a better tv movie that truth or square or atlantis squarepantis also the more i watch it the weirder waiting becomes
I actually agree, they could have made any other episode into a special episode. And with Waiting. Waiting has to be one of my least favorites. But also, more on topic, Atlantis Squarepantis could have been so much better, it was more of a wasted potential of an episode than anything.

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
I actually agree, they could have made any other episode into a special episode. And with Waiting. Waiting has to be one of my least favorites. But also, more on topic, Atlantis Squarepantis could have been so much better, it was more of a wasted potential of an episode than anything.
also a pattern i noticed is that the specials get worse except pest of the west breaks it for some reason they somehow get worse:
Friend or foe: 9/10
What ever hapened to spongebob: 2/10
Atlantis squarepantis: 0/10
i don't know what you see about this episode i guess if i could say something i guess the instrumental for the 1st song are pretty?

SpongebobMaster

its very close to being my least favorite episode but it doesn't hit as bad as choir boys but that one had the decency for being 11 minutes...

Last edited:

SpongebobMaster

Ew no im not reviewing this :dolphin noise:

1. Friend or foe (10/10)
  2. The Donut Of Shame (10/10)
  3. Roller Cowards (10/10)
  4. Krabs à La Mode (10/10)
  5. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  6. Spongebob Vs The Patty Gadget (9.5/10)
  7. Bucket Sweet Bucket (9.5/10)
  8. The Krusty Sponge (9.5/10)
  9. Sing A Song Of Patrick (9.5/10)
  10. The Krusty Plate (9/10)
  11. Rise And Shine (9/10)
  12. New Digs (8.5/10)
  13. Night Light (8.5/10)
  14. Money talks (8.5/10)
  15. Goo Goo Gas (7.5/10)
  16. Breath Of Fresh Squidward (7.5/10)
  17. Slimy Dancing (5.5/10)
  18. Le Big Switch (5/10)
  19. The Original Fry Cook (4.5/10)
  20. Good Ol'Whatshisname (3.5/10)
  21. Boat Smarts (3/10)
  22. A Flea In Her Dome (2/10)
  23. Waiting (1/10)
  24. Fungus Amongus (0.5/10)
  25. To love a patty (0/10)
  26. Atlantis Squarepantis (-99999/10)

SpongebobMaster

Going to be doing my biggest review tomorrow here... im going to demolish you atlantis squarepantis..

SpongebobMaster

Ok here it is my big Atlantis squarepants I am going to tear this episode piece by piece... lets get to this also get prepared for me saying a lot of stuff about this episode and comparing it to the other TV movies released specially truth or square so lets get to this big review!
So we start off the episode of spongebob and patrick making bubbles.... Why? I know its because they want to see the longest bubble but this doesn't come into play into the last 10 minutes or something... the only thing this scene brought me is that bubble spongebob which I used in my old PFP because I thought it was cool and patrick destroys the camera also why did he do that? I get it because of the camera but its not the cameras fault but I guess spongebob taught him so we are getting to the first song which is actually my favorite song... Its also a low B tier song but I got this ironic enjoyment for it its my favorite but not the best and its the only good thing about this episode the high note is the highlight of this song which I really like, this song gets hate and I do not get it also the instrumental is really pretty I made a midi of it and it sounds really good but then spongebob blows a big bubble and it doesn't pop... THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! Even in the episodes logic saying that bubbles are fragile does that mean the bigger the more lasting it is... THEN HOW IS THE BUBBLE FROM THE ATLANTIANS THE LONGEST LASTING BUBBLE IF ITS A SMALL BUBBLE?! Don't worry I will talk about the bubble later

after that they get to the cave and the bubble pops by a spike also they get the slice half of the amulet... HOLD UP THAT IS NOT A AMULET WAS THERE A DISCONNECTION FROM THE WRITERS AND THE ANIMATORS LIKE IN WAITING?! Whatever the amulet thing is very stupid and they get the half of the amulet to the museum and here is where the problems of episode start shining EVERYONE ASIDE FROM SPONGEBOB HAS 1 PERSONALITY TRAIT NOW the first of these we see is mr krabs his only character trait in this episode is money AND THERES NOTHING ELSE its one of the many many issues of this episode then they bring the amulet inside and theres some wacky misunderstanding then squidward says "Well, this is low! Even for you two." I dunno squidward give it 2 seasons and then we will talk anyways squidward has only 1 character trait in this episode being obsessed with art WHY IS THAT HIS ONLY CHARACTER TRAIT IN THIS I mean sure artist unknown is a episode about him and art and he makes some art but why couldn't it be music that fits way more for his character anyways he talks about stuff that I don't care about riches and other things science and :dolphin noise: and sandy just appears out of nowhere! atleast give some explanation like she is looking for science stuff atleast for the other characters it made sense but sandy just gets inserted like nothing? Atleast truth or square set up how the characters got there! and that one is better than this by a country mile then some stuff with OH MY GOODNESS! SQUIDWARD!!! That cgi is awful! you cannot blend 2d characters with 3d unless it really works! but it doesn't here!

Then some stuff with the gas and oh boy.. we got the worst song in the episode and the 2nd worst song if it wasn't for later in the season we got a worse song than fueling the bus HOW DO YOU DO THAT? anyways this song is awful the sing talking is awful also I forgot to mention sandy her whole thing in this episode is science and THATS IT like nothing else anyways this song portrays all of those one note things they like the only ONLY what?! like WHAT?! except patrick I guess he's patrick patrick patrick and he doesn't know what he likes or something anyways this episode gets really boring after this part it already was boring but it gets more boring lord highness is the best part of this because I like David bowie anyways we get some boring stuff of mr krabs trying to steal a lamp or something and then we get another bad song from mr krabs but it's kind of catchy? I dunno this sing talking is bad anyways oh yeah I also forgot to mention the plankton subplot which doesn't come in until THE END OF THE EPISODE ATLEAST BUILD IT UP AND THE TRAILERS DID NOT HELP AT ALL also "no wonder they got lost" is a mildly funny line also the cgi in the mr krabs song is ugly and thats the thing they are most proud of? no offense but thats one of the worst parts about this special its just ugly and feels too flash like

Next we got the science part which I kind of like the 8-bit art style but I dunno they made it too smooth but like I DUNNO IM STRUGGLING TO SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS DAMN EPISODE Anyways we get to the worse _____ song sandy's song which I dunno if this is a hot take but SANDY CANNOT SING AT ALL I never liked any of her songs her voice is just too bad to sing and this does not help the delivery of the lyrics are AWFUL like really bad but the instrumental is good and 8-bit like I could see it being a actual arcade song but also when sandy says "when I grab some elements from the periodic table" just has a awkward delivery like what? it also points out how sandy is only interested in science in this episode also the ice cream thing and foreshadowing is not clever or funny in any way

Next we got plankton's song which is like 22 SECONDS AWAY FROM SANDY'S SONG WHAT THE HECK Anyways its the best out of sandy's, mr crab's and squidward's songs which mr lawrence can sing but its not as good as his performance as "oh my Karen" but its the best I can feel him trying but he is kind of singing but also sing talking whatever mr lawrence can sing pretty good and the instrumental weirdly reminds me of something I would hear in the early powerpuff girls whatever his song is the best I give the song a low C thats it

Next we got the art part which has my favorite joke is the sm64 reference and that was kind of funny anyways squid wards song has the best animation out of all and its okay HOW IS YOUR SONG WITH THE BEST VISUALS HAVE OKAY VISUALS?! Whatever its still bad song with okay visuals I'm struggling with these songs they're just so bad luckily its the last one for a while...

Anyways we got the lasting bubble thing which is stupid and saw it coming from a mile away and its dumb also what are they eating? I think its supposed to be caviar but its looks like sphagettio's also I'm so bored out of my mind making this review its such a boring episode also patrick is yet again a stupid idiot by doing the bubble thing Im so excited for the epic adventure of stupid patrick and the other guys.... yay?.... I dunno I'm struggling this episode is the most boring also the action Is eh just eh pieguyrulz said it was the best but it wasn't anyways the plankton tank thing happens and ice cream and they get kicked out and plankton is there for eternity or something whatever they get kicked out and the final song sucks DUDE IT SUCKS SO MUCH its so bad theres nothing goo about it the singing is awful the instrumental is generic also everyone crying is how I feel about this episode

Atlantis squarepantis is those awful episodes that come once in a moon that just suck the living life out of you of how boring, bland and horrible it is did it deserve its own marathon, video game, dvd, hype and other things? No it did not and its just awful in every sort of way just BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD I don't know if its worse than choir boys but I do not know... Im done with this episode Goodbye!

Rating: -9999999999/10
Tier: F tier
Overall ranking: PROBLABY THE WORST IN THE SHOW

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
HOLD UP THAT IS NOT A AMULET WAS THERE A DISCONNECTION FROM THE WRITERS AND THE ANIMATORS LIKE IN WAITING
lol I agree, that was something that always bothered me about this episode. I would've just called it a treasure or something, but I guess they wanted the alliteration.

It's funny how differently we see this episode. Nearly every point you take off for the episode is one that I either liked or was at least neutral on. Like you found Sandy's song to be the worst, but I lowkey thought it was the best. Though one thing I hadn't thought about which you pointed out is that this episode really relies on everyone only having one real interest. And I suppose on one hand it's fair because this is a special with a lot of characters and so giving them too much complexity could muddle things, but also it is a slight disservice to their characters. I think that at least SpongeBob had more depth in this episode than it might seem, but yeah everyone else was kinda just relegated to one big interest (I don't think they were all relegated to one character trait, though. Like Sandy, for example, had her interest in science but also in karate in there, and we saw that she is protective of her friends in her song).

SpongebobMaster

lol I agree, that was something that always bothered me about this episode. I would've just called it a treasure or something, but I guess they wanted the alliteration.

It's funny how differently we see this episode. Nearly every point you take off for the episode is one that I either liked or was at least neutral on. Like you found Sandy's song to be the worst, but I lowkey thought it was the best. Though one thing I hadn't thought about which you pointed out is that this episode really relies on everyone only having one real interest. And I suppose on one hand it's fair because this is a special with a lot of characters and so giving them too much complexity could muddle things, but also it is a slight disservice to their characters. I think that at least SpongeBob had more depth in this episode than it might seem, but yeah everyone else was kinda just relegated to one big interest (I don't think they were all relegated to one character trait, though. Like Sandy, for example, had her interest in science but also in karate in there, and we saw that she is protective of her friends in her song).
I didn't say sandy's song was the worst I said it was the worst out of the songs that mr krabs,plankton and squidward song's but I did I say I liked the instrumental for sandy's song

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I also enjoyed Sandy's Song

I like the 8-bit chiptune style of the song and the video game-inspired background & all the video game parodies!

Kinda like the episode "Video Game References" from Teen Titans GO but Atlantis SquarePantis came first I think?

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Ok here it is my big Atlantis squarepants I am going to tear this episode piece by piece... lets get to this also get prepared for me saying a lot of stuff about this episode and comparing it to the other TV movies released specially truth or square so lets get to this big review!
So we start off the episode of spongebob and patrick making bubbles.... Why? I know its because they want to see the longest bubble but this doesn't come into play into the last 10 minutes or something... the only thing this scene brought me is that bubble spongebob which I used in my old PFP because I thought it was cool and patrick destroys the camera also why did he do that? I get it because of the camera but its not the cameras fault but I guess spongebob taught him so we are getting to the first song which is actually my favorite song... Its also a low B tier song but I got this ironic enjoyment for it its my favorite but not the best and its the only good thing about this episode the high note is the highlight of this song which I really like, this song gets hate and I do not get it also the instrumental is really pretty I made a midi of it and it sounds really good but then spongebob blows a big bubble and it doesn't pop... THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE! Even in the episodes logic saying that bubbles are fragile does that mean the bigger the more lasting it is... THEN HOW IS THE BUBBLE FROM THE ATLANTIANS THE LONGEST LASTING BUBBLE IF ITS A SMALL BUBBLE?! Don't worry I will talk about the bubble later

after that they get to the cave and the bubble pops by a spike also they get the slice half of the amulet... HOLD UP THAT IS NOT A AMULET WAS THERE A DISCONNECTION FROM THE WRITERS AND THE ANIMATORS LIKE IN WAITING?! Whatever the amulet thing is very stupid and they get the half of the amulet to the museum and here is where the problems of episode start shining EVERYONE ASIDE FROM SPONGEBOB HAS 1 PERSONALITY TRAIT NOW the first of these we see is mr krabs his only character trait in this episode is money AND THERES NOTHING ELSE its one of the many many issues of this episode then they bring the amulet inside and theres some wacky misunderstanding then squidward says "Well, this is low! Even for you two." I dunno squidward give it 2 seasons and then we will talk anyways squidward has only 1 character trait in this episode being obsessed with art WHY IS THAT HIS ONLY CHARACTER TRAIT IN THIS I mean sure artist unknown is a episode about him and art and he makes some art but why couldn't it be music that fits way more for his character anyways he talks about stuff that I don't care about riches and other things science and :dolphin noise: and sandy just appears out of nowhere! atleast give some explanation like she is looking for science stuff atleast for the other characters it made sense but sandy just gets inserted like nothing? Atleast truth or square set up how the characters got there! and that one is better than this by a country mile then some stuff with OH MY GOODNESS! SQUIDWARD!!! That cgi is awful! you cannot blend 2d characters with 3d unless it really works! but it doesn't here!

Then some stuff with the gas and oh boy.. we got the worst song in the episode and the 2nd worst song if it wasn't for later in the season we got a worse song than fueling the bus HOW DO YOU DO THAT? anyways this song is awful the sing talking is awful also I forgot to mention sandy her whole thing in this episode is science and THATS IT like nothing else anyways this song portrays all of those one note things they like the only ONLY what?! like WHAT?! except patrick I guess he's patrick patrick patrick and he doesn't know what he likes or something anyways this episode gets really boring after this part it already was boring but it gets more boring lord highness is the best part of this because I like David bowie anyways we get some boring stuff of mr krabs trying to steal a lamp or something and then we get another bad song from mr krabs but it's kind of catchy? I dunno this sing talking is bad anyways oh yeah I also forgot to mention the plankton subplot which doesn't come in until THE END OF THE EPISODE ATLEAST BUILD IT UP AND THE TRAILERS DID NOT HELP AT ALL also "no wonder they got lost" is a mildly funny line also the cgi in the mr krabs song is ugly and thats the thing they are most proud of? no offense but thats one of the worst parts about this special its just ugly and feels too flash like

Next we got the science part which I kind of like the 8-bit art style but I dunno they made it too smooth but like I DUNNO IM STRUGGLING TO SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS DAMN EPISODE Anyways we get to the worse _____ song sandy's song which I dunno if this is a hot take but SANDY CANNOT SING AT ALL I never liked any of her songs her voice is just too bad to sing and this does not help the delivery of the lyrics are AWFUL like really bad but the instrumental is good and 8-bit like I could see it being a actual arcade song but also when sandy says "when I grab some elements from the periodic table" just has a awkward delivery like what? it also points out how sandy is only interested in science in this episode also the ice cream thing and foreshadowing is not clever or funny in any way

Next we got plankton's song which is like 22 SECONDS AWAY FROM SANDY'S SONG WHAT THE HECK Anyways its the best out of sandy's, mr crab's and squidward's songs which mr lawrence can sing but its not as good as his performance as "oh my Karen" but its the best I can feel him trying but he is kind of singing but also sing talking whatever mr lawrence can sing pretty good and the instrumental weirdly reminds me of something I would hear in the early powerpuff girls whatever his song is the best I give the song a low C thats it

Next we got the art part which has my favorite joke is the sm64 reference and that was kind of funny anyways squid wards song has the best animation out of all and its okay HOW IS YOUR SONG WITH THE BEST VISUALS HAVE OKAY VISUALS?! Whatever its still bad song with okay visuals I'm struggling with these songs they're just so bad luckily its the last one for a while...

Anyways we got the lasting bubble thing which is stupid and saw it coming from a mile away and its dumb also what are they eating? I think its supposed to be caviar but its looks like sphagettio's also I'm so bored out of my mind making this review its such a boring episode also patrick is yet again a stupid idiot by doing the bubble thing Im so excited for the epic adventure of stupid patrick and the other guys.... yay?.... I dunno I'm struggling this episode is the most boring also the action Is eh just eh pieguyrulz said it was the best but it wasn't anyways the plankton tank thing happens and ice cream and they get kicked out and plankton is there for eternity or something whatever they get kicked out and the final song sucks DUDE IT SUCKS SO MUCH its so bad theres nothing goo about it the singing is awful the instrumental is generic also everyone crying is how I feel about this episode

Atlantis squarepantis is those awful episodes that come once in a moon that just suck the living life out of you of how boring, bland and horrible it is did it deserve its own marathon, video game, dvd, hype and other things? No it did not and its just awful in every sort of way just BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD I don't know if its worse than choir boys but I do not know... Im done with this episode Goodbye!

Rating: -9999999999/10
Tier: F tier
Overall ranking: PROBLABY THE WORST IN THE SHOW
Wow this is even longer than most of my reviews

SpongebobMaster

also I heard the instrumental of goodbye Atlantis and its literally just spongebob's part in fueling the bus extended!

Back