090a. A Flea in Her Dome

This episode had potential, but it didn't deliver. It wasn't that funny, if anything it was kinda gross. I don't think this is the worst, but it's certainly not good. "I drawed a horsey" was the only good part.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabs a la Mode (A+)
2. Roller Cowards (A+)
3. New Digs (A)
4. Bucket Sweet Bucket (A)
5. The Krusty Plate (A)
6. Spy Buddies (A)
7. Sing a Song of Patrick (A)
8. Friend or Foe (A)
9. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
10. Money Talks (B)
11. Picture Day (B)
12. The Krusty Sponge (B)
13. Boat Smarts (B)
14. Night Light (C)
15. Rise and Shine (C)
16. The Donut of Shame (C)
17. Slimy Dancing (C)
18. Pat No Pay (C)
19. Fungus Among Us (D)
20. The Original Fry Cook (D)
21. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
22. A Flea in Her Dome (D)
23. Breath of Fresh Squidward (E)
24. Waiting (E)
25. To Love a Patty (F)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode was actually pretty great! There were a lot of funny moments as well as good action. I will admit the birth scenes were really unnecessary and the beginning is a little annoying but otherwise this was really good.

Great Episode (8.5/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is super boring and a little uncomfortable. Alot of the scenes feel super dragged out (like the beginning, and the collar scene) and it honestly just bored me. There were a few decent jokes, and the action was alright, so this episode isn't terrible or anything but it's super bland and some of the visuals with the fleas were a tad bit unnecessary.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget (8)
4. Sing a Song of Patrick (8)
5. Friend or Foe (8)
6. Krabs à La Mode (8)
7. The Krusty Sponge (7)
8. New Digs (7)
9. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
10. Money Talks (6)
11. Night Light (5)
12. Boat Smarts (5)
13. Rise and Shine (5)
14. Slimy Dancing (5)
15. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
16. The Original Fry Cook (5)
17. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
18. A Flea in Her Dome (4)
19. To Love A Patty (3)
20. Waiting (3)
21. Fungus Among Us (2)

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
Spongebob (singing): Welcome home Sandy
You know that we missed you
Bus driver: NO! No one wants to hear you sing!
Loved that!

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Despite the critical response of this one. I am neutral towards this one. The gross out was in fact noticeable. But there were at least some humor like the connect the dots joke and Patrick quote "TEHAS!"

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
Roller Cowards (Perfect)
Friend or Foe (Perfect)
Spy Buddies (Amazing!)
SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget (Amazing!)
Sing a Song of Patrick (Great)
Bucket Sweet Bucket (Great)
Krab a la Mode (Great)
Slimy Dancing (Great)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Great)
Rise and Shine (Great)
Boat Smarts (Meh)
A Flea in her Dome (Meh)
Fungus Among Us (Meh)
Night Light (Alright)
The Krusty Sponge (Okay)
The Original Fry Cook (Okay)
New Digs (Okay)
Good Ol' Whathisname (Bad)
Money Talks (Bad)
To Love a Patty (Terrible)
Waiting (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
After a short unplanned hiatus of one day (lol), I am back with "A Flea In Her Dome"! This is another one of those episodes that I remembered pretty well before rewatching it, but of course I'm glad I took the time to rewatch it anyway. And I feel like the reason I remembered this episode so well is because it has that weird gross insect factor that "Wormy" does, that really catches your attention. Now it's not played for laughs the same way "Wormy" is, but it's there nonetheless.

This episode starts out spectacularly (this is sarcasm) with SpongeBob shrieking crying, soon to be joined by Patrick. These episodes where SpongeBob and Patrick are super upset that Sandy is gone are kind of undermined by the fact that Sandy is...not very utilized as a character lol, so it makes one wonder why they’re crying when she isn’t seen all that much anyway. She’s by far the least used of the big 5 (SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy), so…yeah. I choose to believe that even though we don't see her much, SpongeBob and Patrick do hang out with her a lot, which helps things immensely. Anywho, this first part isn’t very…entertaining, except for the little bit that Squidward appears. The fact that Patrick doesn’t know who Sandy is is…yeah. See I hate to agree with modern SpongeBob haters, and I’ve been trying trying trying not to acknowledge this, but I can no longer sit idly by…Patrick is definitely stupider than before and it really isn’t that great. Every time Patrick is made out to be this absolute idiot it very rarely is funny on its own. Before, Patrick not being bright was funny because he wasn’t completely incompetent, like he has become in episodes like these. Now I still think Patrick’s stupidity varies episode by episode, and this episode is just an example of his at a pretty low point.

The montage of SpongeBob and Patrick preparing the surprise part is fun enough. I liked the Welcome Dome sign, that was cute. And then I loved how the bus driver cut SpongeBob’s singing short, because I’m with him. When SpongeBob started singing by eyes just about started rolling out my head. That bus driver is always hilarious and I love how they keep the same model every time. Anyway, this whole first part of the episode, including when Sandy does return and starts scratching herself for some undisclosed reason, feels very slow and dull, and I can’t say I’m a fan. Some real “okay”-tier stuff here, maybe even “Mediocre” if I’m being honest. But maybe the rest of the episode can deliver on what I like to see.

Things do get more…interesting once the flea reveals itself. The thing is, the reveal feels very underwhelming. Not like the flea could’ve been a surprise or anything because of the episode title, and not like fleas are some terminal condition, but idk, I could’ve gone with some more dramatics, especially because SpongeBob and Patrick have no experience with fleas. Could’ve done a full “Wormy”, honestly. You know now that I think about it, this episode is just “Wormy” but if Sandy was there lmao, as she would’ve shut down the chaos real quick. Anyway, I did like the bit when the flea gets on Patrick and Patrick plays connect the dots with his bite marks, that was pretty funny, especially because the drawing of the horsie was kinda cute. And Patrick at least brings the dramatics I was looking for, so that’s good. Him pretending to turn into a vampire is hilarious. And then the flea starts jumping everywhere, and that’s pretty enjoyable to watch as the trio have to share this one collar, although I start thinking about how a possibly easy solution to this problem could’ve been have the flea get on SpongeBob or Patrick, and then have them go outside??? The flea would drown??? Whatever, I don’t usually expect logic from a SpongeBob episode and I won’t start now!

Once Sandy comes up with the also smart idea of putting the flea collar on all 3 of them, the fleas somehow start multiplying rapidly without a food source. Yeah this episode is highly nonsensical even for SpongeBob, we move on. Once the fleas multiply we get lots of fun visual gags anyway. Honestly this episode reminds me of this short story I had to read for a class where there were giant killer mosquitoes in swarms that would descend on people and kill them instantly…that story was pure nightmare fuel. Anyway, I love the second Squidward cameo we get in this episode, with him being a powerwalker again lol, and also I love how he totally ignores SpongeBob and Patrick’s pleading. Sometimes a man just needs to protect his peace. And then once Patrick gets fed up, even though he unfairly blames Sandy and SpongeBob, his rant is hilarious. Bill Fagerbakke once again nails everything about that. I also love that SpongeBob doesn’t take Patrick’s disrespect sitting down. The squabbling is entertaining. And then finally, we have the solution I came up with a while ago, which is using water to get rid of the fleas! Love it when a plan comes together. I also think it’s hilarious that somehow Sandy’s Treedome can fit all the water in the ocean lmao, and even though it’s abrupt, I kind of really like how this episode ends.

"A Flea In Her Dome" is...fine. That's really the best I can say about this episode in general. That's why it's in my “Okay” tier. The second half the episode really makes up for the bumbling first half, but that first half still is really not good, and the second half isn’t this show’s best material either, it’s just entertaining.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score:
6.7/10

SpongebobMaster

Mild Bobby Sauce Enjoyer
What a worthless episode the worst part about this is the itching fleas and pain scene it remind's me of the playing board games and playing tictactoe and drinking hot cocoa scene worthless just absolutely worthless the imagery was gross I guess the line "this is going to taste so good again!" is funny and saves it from getting a 1 instead I give it a 2.5 also the joke of NO ONE WANT'S TO HEAR YOU SING joke was funny

SpongebobMaster

Mild Bobby Sauce Enjoyer
Also All this episode that brought us is fleas and trouble and pain and itching and a rash and pain and fleas and itching and pain. So much pain!

Back