089a. The Krusty Sponge

cwn

Porous Freak
I kind of liked it. It's good it's paired with Sing A Song Of Patrick. That episode's great. 7/10

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Eh, not that great of an episode. A little too much meanness and not enough humor to balance it out. The ending especially bugged me.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Hey Zim what were you going to say? That this episode is boring? That this episode is a Spongebob Torture episode? That this has Mr. Krabs cheaper than usual? Oh what you were going to say that? Well than youre right. Because this episode is like all the things that I said. Do a really have to explain more? And look Aaron Springer wrote this one. *cough(Spongebobs Last Stand)cough*. 0/10 :patboo:

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I'm sorry for the lovers of this episode, but I kinda hate this one. While I admire the fact that they satirize the excess Spongebob merchandise in the real world, Spongebob and Squidward were abused badly in this one, and Mr. Krabs was a real jerk. Also, the ending was a real slap in the face. Giving the bad guy (Cheapy the Cheapskate) a free pass, but punishing the innocent (Squidward, as least Spongebob isn't tortured in the end) for no reason whatsoever is not something I want to watch.

3.1/10 (really bad episode, as well as one of my least favorites)

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Updating review: This is easily one of my least favorite episodes of season 5. It could have worked, and Mr. Krabs selling SpongeBob-themed items at the restaurant was good, but Mr. Krabs was the reason I hated this episode. And, there was Squidward and SpongeBob abuse, which I don't like. The worst part is, he sold "Spongy Patties", which were spolied-rotten Krabby Patty that turned yellow, and he served to his customers? That's disgusting! Even worse, at the end, when he's about to be put in jail, he actually gets away with it Scott-free! This episode sums up how much Mr. Krabs has officially become the most hated character in the series, now. The episode was also very boring. Not to mention how poorly treated Squidward and SB were. 3.5/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
With Gene Shalit as a guest star, I'm gonna take another look at this episode later today and post full thoughts then too. So far, there's really not much about this season that really makes me mad at all but maybe this will be one of those.

Update:

I actually really liked the satire they were going for here and didn't find it boring at all in that sense. Just replace Mr. Krabs with Viacom (and yes, I think there also was a point in some of the stuff Krabs did here in this episode to emphasize that) and the people physically getting sick with people who really hate that SpongeBob is played on Nick lots of times a day among other things and it really makes much more sense than the first time I ever saw this episode.

Major thing I would have probably changed a bit was the ending and probably worked out the implications better (I even think that was supposed to be symbolic too looking at this again critically) but to me, it's pretty alright overall. I'd honestly rather watch this or "The Original Fry Cook" than say the really weak "Good Ol' Whatshisname" which was uninspired and stupid altogether. This actually had some kind of meaning and point of view if you really look at it. Underrated and deserves a bit more credit than it gets IMHO.

I'm torn

it's among my bottom list for being a freaking awful episode; it's on my top 117 because I effin love the whole theory of SB being represented in real life.

Intentional or not, I'm glad this episode sucked because it demonstrates how much consumerism and fame can really suck so I have no idea what I really, truly think of it.
I guess I like it's theories but couldn't care less about what's actually there

end

I love this episode. It has plenty of fun gags, and demonstrates Spongebob at its most satirical. The ending was bad, but the rest worked immensely well.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I liked it, until the ending.

Mr. Krabs barely gets his commuppance for poisoning the customers, kind of torturing Spongebob and Squidward and going too far. And Squidward had to ride the train while being whipped by the jury? Why him? What did he do wrong? And Mr. Krabs says that it was a happy ending? No...just...no. 5/10

Back