088c. Slimy Dancing

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I like this episode a lot...The dance seems funny , the ending was great and pretty much Squidward inside SpongeBob was funny , I liked the scene with the contest , and another funny scene is when Squidward shows what he did to get ready for this dance contest ! It was good but not the best of the season because I feel that something's missing, I don't know what,probably the lack of jokes or something..So , I am giving this episode a total of 8/10.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Better than I Heart Dancing but one of the most forgettable ones. It does have funny moments but it's kinda disjointed too. I guess it's decent but it does have some flaws.

7/10

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
That was an...unexpected use of Squilliam. The episode did get kind of repetitive with the dance training scenes with Squidward and SpongeBob and wasn't exciting to watch. I loved the classic "Who put you on the planet?" line, so 6/10.

Compared to SquidBob TentaclePants, this one is way better. Fluid visuals and animation of Squidward dancing and this was very funny. I definitely think this episode is one of the best of Season 5. One of the best endings too (the epilouge part too)! 8.5/10

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
This was solid, not memorable either, but i like all the dancing, and the epilogue is very funny.

7.5/10

I'm neutral towards this episode. On the one hand, it had some funny moments, but on the other, this episode wasn't all that memorable. It had a good epilogue but I can't find myself rewatching this one that much.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabs a la Mode (A+)
2. Roller Cowards (A+)
3. New Digs (A)
4. Bucket Sweet Bucket (A)
5. The Krusty Plate (A)
6. Spy Buddies (A)
7. Friend or Foe (A)
8. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
9. Money Talks (B)
10. Picture Day (B)
11. Boat Smarts (B)
12. Night Light (C)
13. Rise and Shine (C)
14. The Donut of Shame (C)
15. Slimy Dancing (C)
16. Pat No Pay (C)
17. Fungus Among Us (D)
18. The Original Fry Cook (D)
19. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
20. Breath of Fresh Squidward (E)
21. Waiting (E)
22. To Love a Patty (F)

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
Oh yeah, this was an episode.
There's really not much to it anyway.

1. Help Wanted (10/10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (10/10)
3. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (9.9/10)
4. Friend Or Foe (9/10)
5. Your Shoes Untied (8/10)
6. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8/10)
7. Extreme Spots (8/10)
8. Patrick's Coupon (7.9/10)
9. The Sponge Who Could Fly (7.5/10)
10. Girls Night Out (6/10)
11. House Fancy (6/10)
12. Slimy Dancing (6/10)
13. The Main Drain (2.5/10)
14. Pet Sitter Pat (2/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Pretty forgettable episode. There's not really much to it, apart from a couple decently funny jokes, but I thought the dance sequences were pretty uninteresting and mostly just a waste of time. The epilogue is also super weird and really random. Not really much else I have to say about this one.

Meh episode (5/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Spongebob vs. the Patty Gadget (8)
4. Friend or Foe (8)
5. Krabs à La Mode (8)
6. New Digs (7)
7. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
8. Money Talks (6)
9. Night Light (5)
10. Boat Smarts (5)
11. Rise and Shine (5)
12. Slimy Dancing (5)
13. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
14. The Original Fry Cook (5)
15. Good Ol' Whatshisname (4)
16. To Love A Patty (3)
17. Waiting (3)
18. Fungus Among Us (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I like this episode the cramp gag was funny! So i dont really see its mixed reception.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Roller Cowards (Perfect)
Friend or Foe (Perfect)
Spy Buddies (Amazing!)
SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget (Amazing!)
Bucket Sweet Bucket (Great)
Krab a la Mode (Great)
Slimy Dancing (Great)
Breath of Fresh Squidward (Great)
Rise and Shine (Great)
Boat Smarts (Meh)
Fungus Among Us (Meh)
Night Light (Alright)
The Original Fry Cook (Okay)
New Digs (Okay)
Good Ol' Whathisname (Bad)
Money Talks (Bad)
To Love a Patty (Terrible)
Waiting (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
For today's episode, we've got "Slimy Dancing"! And I always, always mix this episode up with "I Heart Dancing", like I was fully expecting to see Squilliam when I sat down to rewatch this episode. I like that this episode is about Squidward's dancing hobby, because I feel like that's something we haven't really looked at in a while, and I always love a good hobby exploration.

This episode starts off well enough. I liked the beginning montage of all the ways Squidward has "improved" his dancing, I thought it was fun. And then when SpongeBob and Patrick enter the scene playing limbo, that got me thinking about how I haven't played limbo in a very long time. I also just liked how in general SpongeBob and Patrick were planning on entering the dancing competition as well, without Squidward's intervention. I feel like it adds more depth to their own characters, and their relationship with the town. It's nice to see them be involved in something outside of jellyfishing, Glove World, and the Krusty Krab, you know? And again with the limbo game, I love how they made a gag out of it, it was even funnier the second time around.

Squidward is perfectly egotistical and pompous in this episode, which means all of his Ls are quite gratifying. His dance performance was really fun to watch, and as someone who is cultured (read: has gone to university dance productions lmao), I can tell he’s being more pretentious than anything. Just kidding, I know nothing about dance. I also love that once Squidward gets kicked tf out, we get a third rendition of the limbo gag too. Patrick is also a savage in this episode, though the poor guy gets repaid in a horrendous butt cramp. Speaking of that cramp, I really liked that running gag, I thought it had great timing and it was a great way to end the episode too, but I'll get there in a moment. It wasn't particularly funny but it was amusing. I thought the whole bit with Squidward telling SpongeBob that art is suffering was pretty funny too, it reminded me a lot of "Artist Unknown", with Squidward taking all the joy out of SpongeBob's art because of his own misery.

The way Squidward ends up inside SpongeBob’s body is hilarious, and an unexpected direction for this episode, but I like it. Is this "SquidBob TentaclePants" 2.0? Honestly, SpongeBob with Squidward’s limbs is such an interesting design lol. And as we move to the actual competition, I also liked all the previews we get of the other contestants too, those were some pretty fun acts, especially the coin guy who was doing magic while dancing. And then we get a lovely repeat of what happens in "Culture Shock" with nobody liking Squidward's dancing, and I love how everyone comes back when Squidward’s dying from pain, it’s hilarious. The animation on the cramps is honestly exactly how they feel too, seriously. I get those stupid calf cramps every so often and they're horrendous.

Once Squidward gets revealed to the audience and SpongeBob and Squidward get disqualified, my immediate question becomes how did SpongeBob and Patrick get through to the finals then? Oh well, I’ll ignore it in favor of seeing how literally every other contestant cheated their way to the top, in quite interesting ways.

I also really love how this episode has an epilogue for essentially no reason. Like literally it’s just here for time purposes I assume but it doesn’t matter to me because I love this epilogue, it’s hilarious. I love how we cut to a random house and we find out that Patrick’s “dance” has become a dance fad. I feel like this ending is even funnier in light of TikTok (although, do people use TikTok for dances now? Or does it serve more of a Vine capacity? I don’t use the app so I wouldn’t know lmao). I also love how this epilogue includes Mr. Krabs for no reason like why is he here???? Clancy Brown was just in the studio that day and they were like “hey you wanna record yourself laughing, saying yeah, and groaning in pain real quick?”. I liked that everyone had different cramp animations too. The mother makes me ask some questions…

"Slimy Dancing" in general was pretty good, although not super funny. Also it felt shorter than it actually was, which isn’t a good or bad thing, just something I noticed. I'd say this episode fits nicely in my "Great" tier. Really, it would probably go in "Good", but even though this episode isn't that funny it never bores me or anything, so there's not much reason for me to put it lower than "Great" lol.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.3/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
For today's episode, we've got "Slimy Dancing"! And I always, always mix this episode up with "I Heart Dancing", like I was fully expecting to see Squilliam when I sat down to rewatch this episode. I like that this episode is about Squidward's dancing hobby, because I feel like that's something we haven't really looked at in a while, and I always love a good hobby exploration.

This episode starts off well enough. I liked the beginning montage of all the ways Squidward has "improved" his dancing, I thought it was fun. And then when SpongeBob and Patrick enter the scene playing limbo, that got me thinking about how I haven't played limbo in a very long time. I also just liked how in general SpongeBob and Patrick were planning on entering the dancing competition as well, without Squidward's intervention. I feel like it adds more depth to their own characters, and their relationship with the town. It's nice to see them be involved in something outside of jellyfishing, Glove World, and the Krusty Krab, you know? And again with the limbo game, I love how they made a gag out of it, it was even funnier the second time around.

Squidward is perfectly egotistical and pompous in this episode, which means all of his Ls are quite gratifying. His dance performance was really fun to watch, and as someone who is cultured (read: has gone to university dance productions lmao), I can tell he’s being more pretentious than anything. Just kidding, I know nothing about dance. I also love that once Squidward gets kicked tf out, we get a third rendition of the limbo gag too. Patrick is also a savage in this episode, though the poor guy gets repaid in a horrendous butt cramp. Speaking of that cramp, I really liked that running gag, I thought it had great timing and it was a great way to end the episode too, but I'll get there in a moment. It wasn't particularly funny but it was amusing. I thought the whole bit with Squidward telling SpongeBob that art is suffering was pretty funny too, it reminded me a lot of "Artist Unknown", with Squidward taking all the joy out of SpongeBob's art because of his own misery.

The way Squidward ends up inside SpongeBob’s body is hilarious, and an unexpected direction for this episode, but I like it. Is this "SquidBob TentaclePants" 2.0? Honestly, SpongeBob with Squidward’s limbs is such an interesting design lol. And as we move to the actual competition, I also liked all the previews we get of the other contestants too, those were some pretty fun acts, especially the coin guy who was doing magic while dancing. And then we get a lovely repeat of what happens in "Culture Shock" with nobody liking Squidward's dancing, and I love how everyone comes back when Squidward’s dying from pain, it’s hilarious. The animation on the cramps is honestly exactly how they feel too, seriously. I get those stupid calf cramps every so often and they're horrendous.

Once Squidward gets revealed to the audience and SpongeBob and Squidward get disqualified, my immediate question becomes how did SpongeBob and Patrick get through to the finals then? Oh well, I’ll ignore it in favor of seeing how literally every other contestant cheated their way to the top, in quite interesting ways.

I also really love how this episode has an epilogue for essentially no reason. Like literally it’s just here for time purposes I assume but it doesn’t matter to me because I love this epilogue, it’s hilarious. I love how we cut to a random house and we find out that Patrick’s “dance” has become a dance fad. I feel like this ending is even funnier in light of TikTok (although, do people use TikTok for dances now? Or does it serve more of a Vine capacity? I don’t use the app so I wouldn’t know lmao). I also love how this epilogue includes Mr. Krabs for no reason like why is he here???? Clancy Brown was just in the studio that day and they were like “hey you wanna record yourself laughing, saying yeah, and groaning in pain real quick?”. I liked that everyone had different cramp animations too. The mother makes me ask some questions…

"Slimy Dancing" in general was pretty good, although not super funny. Also it felt shorter than it actually was, which isn’t a good or bad thing, just something I noticed. I'd say this episode fits nicely in my "Great" tier. Really, it would probably go in "Good", but even though this episode isn't that funny it never bores me or anything, so there's not much reason for me to put it lower than "Great" lol.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8.3/10
wait what! i had no idea this episode even existed lol

i think it's because of the title, i've never heard of it

Last edited:

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
eh it was ok
5.5/10
  1. Friend or foe (10/10)
  2. Roller Cowards (10/10)
  3. Krabs à La Mode (10/10)
  4. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  5. Spongebob Vs The Patty Gadget (9.5/10)
  6. Bucket Sweet Bucket (9.5/10)
  7. Rise And Shine (9/10)
  8. New Digs (8.5/10)
  9. Night Light (8.5/10)
  10. Money talks (8.5/10)
  11. Breath Of Fresh Squidward (7.5/10)
  12. Slimy Dancing (5.5/10)
  13. The Original Fry Cook (4.5/10)
  14. Good Ol'Whatshisname (3.5/10)
  15. Boat Smarts (3/10)
  16. Waiting (1/10)
  17. Fungus Amongus (0.5/10)