087b. Breath of Fresh Squidward

DankeToYou

DO I NOT LOOK HAPPY TO YOU
It's bad, but not that bad, it's still atrocity, but for an atrocity, it's ok, 3.5/10

So if Squidward annoys SpongeBob, it's not okay, but if it's vice versa, it's perfectly fine? No. The beginning is also really creepy, and SpongeBob yelling at Squidward is hard to watch.

I give this one a 4/10 because it didn't anger me as much as other episodes.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 5

Episode: Breath of Fresh Squidward

This episode was kinda bad. The plot was bad, but it was nice too see a kind Squidward. There were some mean spirited parts, but the ending made it well. There were few funny jokes. 5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode confuses me, surprised so many people liked this episode at first, I don't hate it but I've seen a lot of hate for it elsewhere. I do like personality flip episodes and seeing Squidward give SpongeBob a taste of his own medicine is great. I do hate the ending though. Instead of having SpongeBob learn that he should stop being a menace to Squidward, he yells at Squidward (In a very obnoxious and OOC way) that makes him leave the party. SpongeBob learns nothing and this story was pointless. It isn't funny either aside a couple of good moments so when there's these glaring story flaws I have to take notice. There's also more hypocritical Bikini Bottomites, how wonderful.

4.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Good episode...but I didn't like SpongeBob as the jealous ''squiddy'' one....and Squidward being good as SB didn't really appeal to me, but can't lie to you, I enjoyed it...my favourite scene was at Patrick's Rock with Squidward celebrating...the ending was weird , fulled with dark humour but it didn't really annoy me..I also liked the way Mr.Krabs told SpongeBob about the patty with the face expressions...Overall, I didn't get mad and enjoyed it...8/10 just because it could have been better and not that pathetic as it's ending..

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
Honestly, I find this episode underrated. I get the OOCness parts between Squidward (That was the point of the episode) and SpongeBob (I would feel the same if it happend to me) and the ending but that didren´t bugged me (Like Sleepy Time). But not to be unfair i give it 7/10 not terrible, but not that good.

TimmyTurnerFan

Banished
KairiKeybasH said:
Honestly, I find this episode underrated. I get the OOCness parts between Squidward (That was the point of the episode) and SpongeBob (I would feel the same if it happend to me) and the ending but that didren´t bugged me (Like Sleepy Time). But not to be unfair i give it 7/10 not terrible, but not that good.
The episode sucks dude

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
But even then it's an objectively bad episode, even Mr Enter and PGR said it themselves on why the episode doesn't work

Just because an cartoon reviewer on the internet hates an episode doesn't mean we all have to do the same. I'm actually pretty neutral with the episode myself. If you hate it, that's fine. If someone likes it, that's also fine.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
TimmyTurnerFan said:
But even then it's an objectively bad episode, even Mr Enter and PGR said it themselves on why the episode doesn't work
Hey, Rugrats1, just because a terrible reviewer, who freaked out over a fictional character running out of oxygen, thought an episode was bad does not mean an episode is objectively bad. Have your own damn opinion for once.

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I enjoyed this episode; Mainly because it was Just so Cathartic to give Spongebob a Taste of his Own Medicene; as in Spongebob having his own Spongebob!!

Do people actually like this episode? I always thought it was pretty bad. Squidward being OOC is fine if it drives the plot, but literally every other character in this episode is OOC, most notably SpongeBob. He'd usually be happy that Squidward is succeeding, but NOPE! Instead he has to act like a whiny brat about it and annoy literally everybody else. Oh, and by the way, this episode isn't funny.

Ranking so far:
1. Krabs a la Mode (A+)
2. Roller Cowards (A+)
3. New Digs (A)
4. Bucket Sweet Bucket (A)
5. The Krusty Plate (A)
6. Spy Buddies (A)
7. Friend or Foe (A)
8. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
9. Money Talks (B)
10. Picture Day (B)
11. Boat Smarts (B)
12. Night Light (C)
13. Rise and Shine (C)
14. The Donut of Shame (C)
15. Pat No Pay (C)
16. Fungus Among Us (D)
17. The Original Fry Cook (D)
18. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
19. Breath of Fresh Squidward (E)
20. Waiting (E)
21. To Love a Patty (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Mediocre is the perfect way to describe this episode imo. I actually noticed a pattern with this episode. For every good moment in this episode there's 2 bad moments that follow it. I know it sounds weird but I don't know how else to explain it. There was actually quite a bit of little moments that I enjoyed in this episode, like Squidward going to the zoo with Spongebob and Patrick, and Squidward actually getting on Spongebob's nerves for once, but there was also moments I really disliked, so I don't know. This episode is like a clash of good and bad elements mixing together to create something really bizarre. So I guess that means it's a meh.

Meh episode (5/10)

1. Roller Cowards (10)
2. Spy Buddies (8)
3. Friend or Foe (8)
4. Krabs à La Mode (8)
5. New Digs (7)
6. Bucket Sweet Bucket (7)
7. Night Light (5)
8. Boat Smarts (5)
9. Rise and Shine (5)
10. Breath of Fresh Squidward (5)
11. The Original Fry Cook (5)