087a. To Love A Patty

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Am I the only one who actually likes this episode in a non-"so bad it's good" way? I'm being serious.

Now, I know this episode is a bit disgusting and has that clam scene, but yeah, it's okay. I could have more reasons why I can tolerate this episode, but I don't remember. Like "The Krusty Sponge" that premiered two days before, which is also a satirical look at why Nickelodeon loves SpongeBob so much, I'll guess this may also be a take on all those weird fandoms (bronies, furries, weeaboos, Sonic etc.). 8/10

Disclaimer: I am not a creep, and I don't intend to be. Even I could have found parts of this episode disturbing. Feel free to remove any fandom references if you want.

thecrad15

Giant Clam
This episode is disgusting, retarded, and violent. Disgusting because of the close up of the dirty patty. It didn't make me throw up but it gave me goosebumps. Retarded because SpongeBob fell in love with an inanimate object. Violent because SpongeBob killed 13 clams.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
It's not my least favorite of season 5, but it is still pretty weird. The gross closeups were gruesome :patgross: and SpongeBob is unlikeable. (He beat up baby scallops! Could one of them be JUNIOR, the scallop he took care of in Rock-a-bye Bivalve?) At least I can tolerate the song.

2.5/10, in between awful and bad.

babydoll

Bomb-Selling Pirate
this episode is VILE. vile vile vile vile vile. spongebob is revoltingly out of character and absolutely unlikeable. i want to erase the memory of watching this repulsive piece of animated garbage from my brain. at least we know where the bottom is? 0/10

This episode is gross, absurd, disturbing, and damaging. Let's start with gross. When the patty begins to rot, it is extremely gross and hard to look at. Also, a few more scenes to look at that combine with the other problems. Absurd. The plot is SpongeBob dates a Krabby Patty. That wasn't some demented fan fiction, that is what professional writers decided to make. Just WOW. The patty rotting is disturbing on top of a scene I will say in a second. And the episode is damaging for two things. One, this feels like the episode where most of the writers gave up (that doesn't mean there weren't anymore good episodes, obviously). Second, is the clam scene. This represents all my problems with the episode. Gross(ed out) (expression from audience). Absurd, the fact that a childhood icon is murdering birds for a SANDWICH. Disturbing (SpongeBob ripping apart clams is unbearable). And especially damaging. After this episode, you will never see Rock-A-Bye Bivalve the same again as one of those clams could have been Junior. This is my 2nd least favorite episode of the show and least favorite of season 5. 0/10

Proto red V

Moby Dollar
THIS EPISODE IS AMAZING 10/10 :yes:

omg this episode is so bad its funny I cannot stand this was the first
truly abysmal episode in my opinion i have so many compaints but I
think everyone has this episode justice

0/10 ONE OF MY NEW BOTTOM 10 DOLPHIN NOISE THIS TRASH

Squiddit

existence is pain
I don't think this episode is in the bottom 10 spongebob episodes ever made.
*sits back and waits for the hate to commence*

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
I don't like this episode, it's not funny, the gross out crabby patty, everything sucks in this episode. The song was ok, but not redeemable enough.

1.5/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Honesty this episode is guilty pleasure for me and its very overhated

A Lonely Fishstick said:
I don't think this episode is in the bottom 10 spongebob episodes ever made.
*sits back and waits for the hate to commence*
I don't think this bottom 10 material either :planktonnervous:

Squiddit

existence is pain
Ol Bold and Brash said:
Honesty this episode is guilty pleasure for me and its very overhated

I don't think this bottom 10 material either :planktonnervous:
More boring than terrible in my opinion. Gross out humor doesn't make an episode bad for me.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
Oh boy, To Love A Patty, first of all, the concept to this episode, is bad, why would Spongebob date anythng? Didn't Stephen Hillenberg wanted Spongebob to be a fun, adoring, relatable guy, not someone who has dates or has a grilfriend. Also, this episode is not funny in the slightest. The song is ok, but the music video is terrible, especially when he chops ups those clams. Also, the Krabby Patty's gross-up close-up is really gross looking, yet Spongebob doesn't see that it's wrong. This episode is so stupid and annoying.

1.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
CakeCup said:
It's not my least favorite of season 5, but it is still pretty weird. The gross closeups were gruesome :patgross: and SpongeBob is unlikeable. (He beat up baby scallops! Could one of them be JUNIOR, the scallop he took care of in Rock-a-bye Bivalve?) At least I can tolerate the song.

2.5/10, in between awful and bad.
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my review, I might as well give it a re-review.

Ugh, this episode is very, very...disgusting. Why, you may ask? Well, considering the closeups of the rotten Krabby Patty, it was pretty cringey and it gave me a strong sick feeling in my stomach. Watching the scenes with the rotten Krabby Patty is just so nasty! I can't even look at the Krabby Patty without getting sick. The plot is that Spongebob dates a Krabby Patty, not only is that creepy, it is very stupid. I mean, you're in love with a Krabby Patty, so much you won't eat it, like you should with a Krabby Patty? Come on. (Little personal story of mine, I once fell in love with a cupcake, but I at least I ate it right after I kissed it and I enjoyed every bite). There was the part where Spongebob beat up the baby clams, and it really annoyed the living heck out of me, all just because of his stupid patty :planet: , I mean seriously? Not to mention, most if not all of the jokes felt like the writers were running out of ideas, because they were not funny in the slightest. Maybe there might be one or two jokes that gave me a chuckle, but still. I know the writers can do better than this. I kinda liked the song (the instrumentals were actually decent, but the lyrics were messed up), but I think that is the only redeeming quality of the episode. I give this a 1/10 (extra .5 for the song). Terrible.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It's not THAT bad for me....but meh...I mean I do not like it but I do not HATE it..I really liked the song...Actually the beggining DID NOT BOTHER me at ALL ..It was actually funny....you know SpongeBob falling in love with a burger... :P but it was weird when the krabby patty got rotten.. and the end was DISGUSTING...5/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
This episode is pure-evil, should burn in a fire and is something that shouldn't be an episode on a kids show, even SpongeHenge that everyone says doesn't belong in SpongeBob is at least meant to be creepy on purpose but this "thing" is creepier than episodes like Squid's Visit. Honestly this episode is the bane of my existence and I hope I will never have to lay sight on it again.

-100000000/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Definitely a runner up for worst season 5 episode. This episode transcends awful and I don't think I really need to explain why at this point. I heard that there's a commentary for this episode, I want that commentary, I must know what was going through their heads when they made this... thing.

1.5/10

Back