085a. New Digs

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
Now this episode is really good, the story was very clever with SpongeBob living at the Krusty Krab, the jokes were very amusing, especially Patrick getting his back shaved also the ending where SpongeBob playing his drums causing Squidward to have a funny breakdown which results him to moving into the Krusty Krab :rofl: so this episode gets a 9/10.

I feel like this episode doesn't get talked about enough. It was funny, had a great plot, and had that SpongeBob charm in it. You could argue that SpongeBob HAS been late to work before but when has SpongeBob ever had continuity? And the ending was great, too.

Ranking so far:
1. New Digs (A)
2. The Krusty Plate (A)
3. Spy Buddies (A)
4. Friend or Foe (A)
5. SpongeBob vs. the Patty Gadget (A)
6. Money Talks (B)
7. Picture Day (B)
8. Boat Smarts (B)
9. Night Light (C)
10. Rise and Shine (C)
11. The Donut of Shame (C)
12. Pat No Pay (C)
13. Fungus Among Us (D)
14. The Original Fry Cook (D)
15. Good Ol' Whatshisname (D)
16. Waiting (E)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one was pretty good. There was some nice jokes here and there, the way the Krusty Krab slowly starts transforming into Spongebob's house was very entertaining to see, and the ending was great. There's not anything spectacular in this episode or anything, but it was an enjoyable ride through and through.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Spy Buddies (8)
2. Friend or Foe (8)
3. New Digs (7)
4. Night Light (5)
5. Boat Smarts (5)
6. Rise and Shine (5)
7. The Original Fry Cook (5)
8. Waiting (3)
9. Fungus Among Us (2)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I feel im the only one who thought this one was a mixed bag. Wait! How is New Digs meh? Well i thought it was okay when i first watched it. This is because of the lack of humor and just like To Love a Patty it had some pretty bad close-ups. Luckily the only part that saved it from being bad was the Laundry song because i'll have you know that song was pretty catchy.

Rating: Okay Episode

Rankings:
Friend or Foe (Perfect)
Spy Buddies (Amazing!)
Rise and Shine (Great)
Boat Smarts (Meh)
Fungus Among Us (Meh)
Night Light (Alright)
The Original Fry Cook (Okay)
New Digs (Okay)
Good Ol' Whathisname (Bad)
Waiting (Terrible)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I honestly don't get the praise for the episode. I found it to be kind of dull, with an unnecessary opening scene of Spongebob's different methods of sleep, and although there were some fantastic jokes in here, the majority of them don't really work in my opinion because they either add nothing to the story or just feel like sad attempts to get random laughs. It's certainly not a bad episode, it does have good jokes, and a really good song, it's just flawed

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
It's awkward when Mr. Krabs accidentally walks in on SpongeBob's mom showering, then SpongeBob's dad beats him up! Crazy!

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got "New Digs"! I'ma just say it right now, I really like this episode, and I'm looking forward to talking about it. This isn't really an episode I hear people talk much about, so I'm not sure what the common consensus is. Maybe that means people think it's just okay lol. I'm purposefully not looking at the forum before posting this review, so I guess I'll find out once I finish.

The beginning of this episode is really cute to me. I wish I could share in SpongeBob’s enthusiasm for the oncoming day. Frankly, I live vicariously through this yellow cube. Also the blank look SpongeBob has, even with the sleeping mask on, when he trips and falls is hilarious. This whole first segment of SpongeBob trying to go to sleep was pretty fun. Not particularly funny other than a couple moments, but I enjoyed watching it. And then the next part of the episode, SpongeBob running to work, was also pretty entertaining because of how SpongeBob was a man on a mission. Honestly, I relate to SpongeBob here because I have horrible time anxiety, like being late to anything is not an option. A few weeks ago, I woke up an hour later than I was supposed to and I damn-near had a heart attack…luckily I didn't have class that day and was able to do the work did have remotely.

Anyway, I love the way SpongeBob totally overcompensates for a lateness that wasn’t even noticed, and I love how Krusty Krab procedures always change depending on the episode. Like what is this intercom system??? Also, the way SpongeBob smiles creepily at Mr. Krabs made me laugh out loud I forgot about that moment. SpongeBob’s demand for punishment is great and totally in-character, and I love how Mr. Krabs is like wtf is this boy-o on.

And then we get to the official plot of the episode (I basically just say that whatever the title refers to is the official plot...hasn’t failed me yet except for episodes with more vague titles like “SB-129” or “Culture Shock”), which was spurred by Squidward jokingly commenting that SpongeBob should live at the Krusty Krab. And you know what, I like this plot idea. And I also thought the cut to “Gary” was pretty funny. Mr. Krabs’ and SpongeBob’s exchange once SpongeBob brings his whole bed into the Krusty Krab was great, I liked how Mr. Krabs’ main concern was SpongeBob living there for free, not the boy having no work-life balance (not that he would care about that lol). The part where SpongeBob is showering in the dishwasher is absolutely hilarious and you know it’s because of that funny sound he makes when Squidward sticks his hand inside, not to mention Squidward’s reaction. I also love the cut between Squidward swimming in flowers vs. in pans. His enthusiasm is fun to watch. It’s even better once we cut to Squidward telling everybody about his newfound happiness. I also like that this scene is used to begin the downslide of the episode (i.e., the “solution” turning into a “problem”). SpongeBob putting the mustard in Gary is just absurdly hilarious.

Things get even better as more issues with SpongeBob’s living arrangement begin to reveal themselves. Mr. Krabs is absolutely right, his clientele are nasty. Also, the crab is a true landlord, raising rent for no reason lmao. I love how SpongeBob’s parents visit for absolutely no reason, and I think their inclusion really makes this episode, because the later scene between Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob’s parents is absolutely hilarious. But anyway, I really think this episode does a great job with pacing, like really good. The escalation of SpongeBob’s move to the Krusty Krab and all that entails is just really well done here, because now we’re seeing how it’s really starting to adversely affect things for everyone, including the customers. SpongeBob cutesy-ing up the Krusty Krab is also really fun. And then we get the scene I talked about earlier with Mr. Krabs walking in on Mrs. SquarePants somehow showering in his office because apparently a bathroom is in there now, and I love how Mr. SquarePants apparently beat Mr. Krabs’ butt too lol.

And then we get the ending of this episode, with SpongeBob moving back onto Conch Street. I love how he just has drums for the purpose of this gag. And the very ending of this episode, with Squidward moving into the Krusty Krab, much to Mr. Krabs’ dismay, is a great and funny way to close things out.

“New Digs” is an episode I’ve got absolutely no problems with. Like I said before the pacing is great, and once we’re about 3-4 minutes in, the humor is unrelenting. Even the part of the episode before that 3-4 minute mark is funny, it's just that the jokes don’t come quite so rapid-fire, which is fine. It works well for how this episode is structured, I think. Either way, "New Digs" is enjoyable all the way through, and definitely deserves to be in my “Amazing” tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.3/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, we've got "New Digs"! I'ma just say it right now, I really like this episode, and I'm looking forward to talking about it. This isn't really an episode I hear people talk much about, so I'm not sure what the common consensus is. Maybe that means people think it's just okay lol. I'm purposefully not looking at the forum before posting this review, so I guess I'll find out once I finish.

The beginning of this episode is really cute to me. I wish I could share in SpongeBob’s enthusiasm for the oncoming day. Frankly, I live vicariously through this yellow cube. Also the blank look SpongeBob has, even with the sleeping mask on, when he trips and falls is hilarious. This whole first segment of SpongeBob trying to go to sleep was pretty fun. Not particularly funny other than a couple moments, but I enjoyed watching it. And then the next part of the episode, SpongeBob running to work, was also pretty entertaining because of how SpongeBob was a man on a mission. Honestly, I relate to SpongeBob here because I have horrible time anxiety, like being late to anything is not an option. A few weeks ago, I woke up an hour later than I was supposed to and I damn-near had a heart attack…luckily I didn't have class that day and was able to do the work did have remotely.

Anyway, I love the way SpongeBob totally overcompensates for a lateness that wasn’t even noticed, and I love how Krusty Krab procedures always change depending on the episode. Like what is this intercom system??? Also, the way SpongeBob smiles creepily at Mr. Krabs made me laugh out loud I forgot about that moment. SpongeBob’s demand for punishment is great and totally in-character, and I love how Mr. Krabs is like wtf is this boy-o on.

And then we get to the official plot of the episode (I basically just say that whatever the title refers to is the official plot...hasn’t failed me yet except for episodes with more vague titles like “SB-129” or “Culture Shock”), which was spurred by Squidward jokingly commenting that SpongeBob should live at the Krusty Krab. And you know what, I like this plot idea. And I also thought the cut to “Gary” was pretty funny. Mr. Krabs’ and SpongeBob’s exchange once SpongeBob brings his whole bed into the Krusty Krab was great, I liked how Mr. Krabs’ main concern was SpongeBob living there for free, not the boy having no work-life balance (not that he would care about that lol). The part where SpongeBob is showering in the dishwasher is absolutely hilarious and you know it’s because of that funny sound he makes when Squidward sticks his hand inside, not to mention Squidward’s reaction. I also love the cut between Squidward swimming in flowers vs. in pans. His enthusiasm is fun to watch. It’s even better once we cut to Squidward telling everybody about his newfound happiness. I also like that this scene is used to begin the downslide of the episode (i.e., the “solution” turning into a “problem”). SpongeBob putting the mustard in Gary is just absurdly hilarious.

Things get even better as more issues with SpongeBob’s living arrangement begin to reveal themselves. Mr. Krabs is absolutely right, his clientele are nasty. Also, the crab is a true landlord, raising rent for no reason lmao. I love how SpongeBob’s parents visit for absolutely no reason, and I think their inclusion really makes this episode, because the later scene between Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob’s parents is absolutely hilarious. But anyway, I really think this episode does a great job with pacing, like really good. The escalation of SpongeBob’s move to the Krusty Krab and all that entails is just really well done here, because now we’re seeing how it’s really starting to adversely affect things for everyone, including the customers. SpongeBob cutesy-ing up the Krusty Krab is also really fun. And then we get the scene I talked about earlier with Mr. Krabs walking in on Mrs. SquarePants somehow showering in his office because apparently a bathroom is in there now, and I love how Mr. SquarePants apparently beat Mr. Krabs’ butt too lol.

And then we get the ending of this episode, with SpongeBob moving back onto Conch Street. I love how he just has drums for the purpose of this gag. And the very ending of this episode, with Squidward moving into the Krusty Krab, much to Mr. Krabs’ dismay, is a great and funny way to close things out.

“New Digs” is an episode I’ve got absolutely no problems with. Like I said before the pacing is great, and once we’re about 3-4 minutes in, the humor is unrelenting. Even the part of the episode before that 3-4 minute mark is funny, it's just that the jokes don’t come quite so rapid-fire, which is fine. It works well for how this episode is structured, I think. Either way, "New Digs" is enjoyable all the way through, and definitely deserves to be in my “Amazing” tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.3/10
i always thought this episode came from season 6 or 7 but i guess not weird

this episode is really fun yeah, i love spongebob's blue pajama that he has i dont remember if he ever wore it in seasons 1-3 tho

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
I like how they talked about the milking scene in the commentary in the first 100 episodes dvd
thats all about it and the ending was funny
8.5/10
  1. Friend or foe (10/10)
  2. Spy Buddies (10/10)
  3. Rise And Shine (9/10)
  4. New Digs (8.5/10)
  5. Night Light (8.5/10)
  6. The Original Fry Cook (4.5/10)
  7. Good Ol'Whatshisname (3.5/10)
  8. Boat Smarts (3/10)
  9. Waiting (1/10)
  10. Fungus Amongus (0.5/10)