084b. Boat Smarts

This one is probably the best of season 5. Plot-wise, it is a bit similar to Krusty Krab Training Video, but I can still be able to spot a few crucial differences. Some of the jokes work alright. Spongebob's a bit odd in this episode, and there was something missing from this episode. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I am just not completely into it. Still not bad.

6.5|10 Overall

Very underrated episode. Short, sweet, and funny in my opinion. I feel the abuse was acceptable here for the most part because it was short and it really is character for him to get abused, since day 1.

hfjs

I hate this episode. Spongebob was just way too annoying for me, but the rest of this episode was just decent.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I don't remember much about this one. From what I remember, it was basically the Boating School edition of Krusty Krab Training Video. I don't like Krusty Krab Training Video, so I don't think this would be much better, though it is at least shorter.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Pretty good episode, actually. The organization of getting SpongeBob off the road was funny. Some Squid abuse here and there, but the crash dummy clip was hilarious, even my dad likes that part! Overall good episode.

8.5/10.0

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I disliked this episode. SpongeBob was incredibly annoying and Squidward getting damaged wasn't funny. 3/10

Last edited:

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I really liked the humor in this episode, but I didn't like SpongeBob's obliviousness at the end of the episode. 8/10

Kerdem

Banished
This Is Definitaly Least Horrible Squidward Torture Episode In Post Movie Area Its Really Funny Also My Favorite Shorter Episode

10/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Spongetron Robotpants said:
Does Squidward Torture ring a bell?

Award said:
What was I thinking?
It punished Squidward for doing the right things, and SpongeBob gets off scot free. No, JUST NO!
Am I the only one who thought that the Squidward "abuse" was funny? :P

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
A lot funnier and entertaining than "Good Ol' Whatshisname" which I think is the worst of the shorts and the crash test dummy gag is obviously the funniest part. Any abuse Squidward goes through was done in an over the top and unrealistic way so it's hard for me to really feel bad at all and it's also a short episode so the audience doesn't have to see these gags drawn out for 11 minutes. I can see why this would be a more debatable episode but for all the funny gags that were in this and the nice nod to "Krusty Krab Training Video" I think I'll honestly go with a 6.5-7/10 for this one. Guilty pleasure I might say.

Back