081. Friend or Foe

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
The episode is interesting...to be honest, I like it. Now, the Patchy part was decent, same with the SB part. The SB part was a good plot, just explains how Krabs and Plankton used to be friends and each share some wacky stories (both are lying) I like it because the jokes weren't TOO dull and it's an episode has an AMAZING TITLE CARD!! (I LOVE THAT TITLE CARD, REALLY!) Though, the episode would have been better if they explain exactly how Mr. Krabs has a whale for a daughter! The mystery still remains!!!

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 5

Episode: Friend or Foe

This episode was amazing. I loved the story about the old friendship of Mr.Krabs and Plankton. It had some good jokes. 9/10

Orange Rhymer

Imitation Krab
Pretty great episode, and one of the series's best dramatic episode. Although the ending isn't all that great, plus Karen being there recording the entire thing was really dumb. But other than that, pretty great, 8/10.

SizzleFizzle

Imitation Krab
This episode was GREAT! The jokes are funny, and I laughed a few times (which is definitely saying something, because I really don't laugh much with cartoons.) Needless to say, I thought Tutor Sauce was funnier. The plot has nice pacing, and small amounts of filler, if any. The Patchy segments are good, and this episode is just great. 15/19. The fake emotional moment at the end isn't surprising and this IS a kind-of ratings trap plot. Anyways, this is a REALLY enjoyable episode, and it's on my recommendations list.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
All told, I give Friend or Foe a 9.5 out of 10, one of the best episodes of Season 5, if not THE best.

As you all probably know, this was the first episode that Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas worked on together; they would work together on a total of 74 episodes. This was also the final episode to be written by Tim Hill (and an awesome one to go out with). And finally, the third storyboard director, Mike Mitchell, directed the live action sequences for the second film, Sponge Out of Water.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Amazing episode, it feels like it was in season 2, it has great humor and an awesome story that isn't remotely boring (looking at you Truth or Square)

10/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
One of my favorite season 5 episodes and one of Spongebob's best special episodes. The backstory between Mr. Krabs and Plankton is great and very interesting, and it definitely captures a more serious and dramatic episode well. Who cares if there isn't a ton of jokes? The episode does what it's trying to do perfectly.

10/10

Back