05b. Home Sweet Pineapple

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Again, another fairly solid episode. It's on the lower side of good because some moments did feel pretty slow, especially some of the moments with Patrick. They managed to incorporate some nice comedy into those scenes, though, so I'm not too bothered by it. Other than a few other small nitpicks here and there, this episode is pretty good, and manages to have a nice story.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Plankton! (9)
3. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (9)
4. Help Wanted (9)
5. Ripped Pants (8)
6. Tea at the Treedome (7)
7. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
8. Boating School (7)
9. Bubblestand (7)
10. Reef Blower (6)
11. Jellyfishing (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
6.5/10

A bit weak and unfunny, and the resolution was like "what". At least it was fast paced, so it wouldn't be boring. I do find the building montage to be pretty satisfying to see, don't know why though. I also find 2 quotes that I liked; "Hooray gary! We're finally huge!", "Boohoo! Boohoo! Boohoo!". Overall, a little bland, I just find it to be an okay episode.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the TreeDome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

Snails

Floating Shopping List
This is just another episode. It's kind of bland, but there are some funny jokes to move it up a little bit. So overall it's pretty forgettable but it is pretty funny. I can sit through it, it's just not my choice.

#11. Tea At The Treedome (D)
#10. Jellyfishing (
C)
#9. Ripped Pants (
C)
#8. Reef Blower (
C)
#7. Home Sweet Pineapple (
C)
#6. Bubblestand (
A)
#5. Plankton! (
A)
#4. Boating School (
A)
#3. Help Wanted (
A)
#2. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (
A)
#1. Pizza Delivery (
A)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode in my opinion is the show first ever bad episode. None of the jokes stood out to me. Squidward was a huge jerk and Patrick was the meh-est he could be.

Rating: Bad Episode

Rankings:
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
This entire episode is just saddening. And very heartwarming. The old animation just makes it cuter. I find Sponge's high-pitched "OH, NO!" adorable. Patrick was funny thru the entire episode, Squidward is funny too, but he got what he deserved. I used to be obsessed with the nematodes as a kid.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Home Sweet Pineapple" is an episode that I've never had particularly strong feelings about. It's a good episode, but for the longest time, I've never had much to say beyond that. Now that I've been writing these long episode reviews, I've got a little more practice in fleshing out what I have to say. And here's what I've come up with: "Home Sweet Pineapple" is a good, solid episode. It has humor and emotional moments at the right places. However, there is nothing remarkable about this episode, and it has a rather dull start. Now, let me get into this a little bit.

First, the good. This episode is funny. All the jokes land for me, though none of them really get me rolling on the floor like they have in some of the previous episodes. I liked the whole "is it time to ruin Squidward's day" gag, and the ending with Squidward under the pineapple was pretty funny too. I also did like the SpongeBob trying to sleep at Patrick's scene, though it dragged on just a bit too long for my liking. And in terms of emotional moments, the episode does deliver, with some masterful usage of South Pacific Island II might I add. I also appreciated seeing more of Gary this episode, you already know I love that snail. This is the first appearance of SpongeBob's parents, and while we don't really get to see much of them, I do appreciate their character design. Lastly, I thought the background art in this episode was very well done, especially with the early morning scenes.

Now, the "bad". That's a bit of a misnomer, as there's nothing really "bad" about this episode in my opinion. There's more just things that didn't quite work for me. Firstly, as I said before, the beginning was a bit slow for me. The nematodes bit just wasn't all that funny for me, so I found that to be a bit dull. The scene with Patrick just kinda kept going long after I thought it would be over. In general, I feel like this episode is an example of what I call the "slowness" of season 1, and in this case that quality just didn't work in its favor.

The episode is still very enjoyable even with these small problems I have with it, and because of that I think it fits right into my "Good" tier. This is the first episode of the show I'm rating with this tier, so perhaps that's a milestone in itself? Well, I guess that sounds a little insulting since "Good" is under "Great" and "Amazing".

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
"Home Sweet Pineapple" is an episode that I've never had particularly strong feelings about. It's a good episode, but for the longest time, I've never had much to say beyond that. Now that I've been writing these long episode reviews, I've got a little more practice in fleshing out what I have to say. And here's what I've come up with: "Home Sweet Pineapple" is a good, solid episode. It has humor and emotional moments at the right places. However, there is nothing remarkable about this episode, and it has a rather dull start. Now, let me get into this a little bit.

First, the good. This episode is funny. All the jokes land for me, though none of them really get me rolling on the floor like they have in some of the previous episodes. I liked the whole "is it time to ruin Squidward's day" gag, and the ending with Squidward under the pineapple was pretty funny too. I also did like the SpongeBob trying to sleep at Patrick's scene, though it dragged on just a bit too long for my liking. And in terms of emotional moments, the episode does deliver, with some masterful usage of South Pacific Island II might I add. I also appreciated seeing more of Gary this episode, you already know I love that snail. This is the first appearance of SpongeBob's parents, and while we don't really get to see much of them, I do appreciate their character design. Lastly, I thought the background art in this episode was very well done, especially with the early morning scenes.

Now, the "bad". That's a bit of a misnomer, as there's nothing really "bad" about this episode in my opinion. There's more just things that didn't quite work for me. Firstly, as I said before, the beginning was a bit slow for me. The nematodes bit just wasn't all that funny for me, so I found that to be a bit dull. The scene with Patrick just kinda kept going long after I thought it would be over. In general, I feel like this episode is an example of what I call the "slowness" of season 1, and in this case that quality just didn't work in its favor.

The episode is still very enjoyable even with these small problems I have with it, and because of that I think it fits right into my "Good" tier. This is the first episode of the show I'm rating with this tier, so perhaps that's a milestone in itself? Well, I guess that sounds a little insulting since "Good" is under "Great" and "Amazing".

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7/10
i think i would give it a 6/10, but i do agree with the review

SpongeBob trying to sleep at Patrick's scene, though it dragged on just a bit too long for my liking
''SPIDER! SPIDER! SPIDER!''

Back