05a. Pizza Delivery

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Used to be my #1 favorite episode, now its still in my top 5's but it's been replaced by SB-129.

Pizza Delivery is a great episode. Sure, everyone says "it's overrated", but if people like it, there has to be a reason, right?

I really like how Squidward stood up for SpongeBob. It was nice seeing that in an episode, considering Squidward has said he "hates" SpongeBob. Would he really stand up for SpongeBob if he TRULY hated him? Probably not. So Squidward shows he does truly care (and he says it in SB-129, my favorite) about SpongeBob.

Also a super quotable episode. I quote this episode frequently.

I also have a shirt that has Mr. Krabs with a pizza, and it says "Krusty Krab Pizza" and below it says "for you and me" (poor description, but I love that shirt.)

10/10 episode!!
Old review, time to bring in the new and improved review of this episode. Why not? You guys seem to like my big reviews.

Like I previously mentioned, this episode used to be my favorite, still in my top 10 favorites along with episodes like "SB-129", "Dying for Pie" and "It's a SpongeBob Christmas". I love this episode, it was one of the best of Season 1 and that's not easy to pick, there's lots of good Season 1 episodes, and that's something basically the entire fandom agrees on. I don't think a single person on here will disagree with me about that.

For all the people saying that this episode is "overrated", I'm here to talk about that. Of course, everyone's subjected to their own opinions and all that, but people act like overrated means bad. Half of the "overrated" claimers can't come up with any other reason of disliking this one besides "it's overrated". I, for one don't believe it's overrated, I believe it got just the right amount of hype for the quality of the episode. Meaning, I really like this episode. But I've said that too much and I've only just started.

Intro music. I liked the intro music. It was fitting for the episode, that's for sure. I don't really have a whole lot else to say about that part. But I always start my episode reviews with the title card.

Let's talk about the plot. I actually like a lot of the Krusty Krab plots where SpongeBob and Squidward are basically forced to go somewhere or do something together. Well, it makes sense, they are the only two employees there (I don't count Krabs as an employee, he's the owner). Especially because this is a pretty simple but enjoyable plot. They have to deliver a pizza, despite the Krusty Krab originally not selling pizza.

There was lots of super good parts and jokes. Especially in the middle parts, when they're delivering the pizza. Some that I liked: When the wind stopped blowing SpongeBob around because Squidward said he didn't care about the customer, "it's not boulder, it's a rock", Krusty Krab pizza song. There's probably some more I can't think of, I'm having some thinking problems right about now.

But aside from the thinking problems. My favorite part, towards the end. Glad Squidward gave that damned customer what he deserved. Man, this was probably the first time I've ever hated a SpongeBob character (and it definitely wouldn't be the last, *cough* "Stuck in the Wringer"), but Squidward standing up for SpongeBob has always been a small detail I've liked in episodes, I liked it in others like "Christmas Who?". It's always been a favorite little detail of mine, along with good SpongeBob and Gary episodes, and Krabs kinda having a father-son relationship with SpongeBob. All some good details.

Sorry for the shorter review, I'm a little sleepy.

11/10 is my final score!

Back