03b. Plankton!

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Another season 1 classic that introduces another character. Besides the music player bit I really love the atmosphere of this episode. It has a cool, somewhat creepy science-fiction tone and seeing SpongeBob and Plankton's first interactions is cool to see.

8.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Good episode, with humour, and a new character, they introduced him right, there were some good quotes as well..8/10

Every cartoon has a Whan episode, and this one features the debut of the tiny nightmare known as Plankton! This is a big leap forward for everyone's favourite character, and it's got loads of great development, awesome dialog, and my most favourite moment of season 1, SpongeBob revealing what's in the Kraddy Patty. One of the biggest episodes of the first 26 episodes, this is a game changer, a big jump ahead (Thanks, Xbox!), and one of the best episodes of the original era, so it's no wonder it's one amazing episode that has to be on the top 203 episodes.

Favourite moment: Plankton taking control of SpongeBob at night.

Most awesome quote: "I’ll never forget your 100% all-secret patty, secretly assembled with undersea cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, all secretly steamed between two fluffy seaweed-sea buns. "

Fun fact: U.S is nice, but how about worldwide? In Germany, the title card doesn't change because the word "Plankton" in German is spelled out the same way as English. That's right: The fun facts will feature international facts in most of my reviews!

Ranking: 98/100 (Best SpongeBob episode of season 1 so far!)

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
An amazing episode with the first appearance of the awesome villain, and it has many funny moments

Grade: A+

Best Character: :sbx: and :plankx:

Best Line: shut your mouth, you mediocre clarinet player

Best Moment: The same moment as the line above

DigDugtrio

Floating Shopping List
Another great way to introduce a main character. The jokes in here were hilarious as well! (Booster seat, lab, etc.)

And of course there's my favorite part..

hqdefault.jpg

....Mediocre?

5/5

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
I don't hear many people talk about this episode but it's a great episode. Great jokes and a great introduction to Plankton. 9/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This is the first episode of the season that is a true standout. I like how this episode introduced the main villain in a hilarious way. Everything from start to finish felt polished and we got plenty of funny and underrated jokes, including the alphabet song, "Mediocre?", and Plankton controlling SpongeBob in the middle of the night. I really wish that this episode would get a lot more love someday, since this is one of those episodes that doesn't get tiring upon viewing. The plot was creepy-ish, but I like how SpongeBob and Plankton interact with each other here. I give it a 10/10, for having such excellent character development which prepares us for future episodes.

P.S.: It was a little strange to see Plankton so tiny here. I mean, he was about the size of SB's thumb.

Yet another staple of the series, but that's Season 1 for ya. This time it shows the last main character to debut: Mr. Krabs' arch-rival, Plankton! You'll see him in a lot of episodes revolving around stealing the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. When I was younger I used to get some parts of this episode confused with The Inside Job, since both revolve around Plankton going in SpongeBob's head. I can tell them apart now, though. This episode is a great way to show off Plankton's first appearance.

Airdate: July 31, 1999

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
A great way to introduce The Chum Bucket, Plankton, and Karen. Great visual humor, such as the very elaborate and college educated plan and Plankton's lab. Favorite character: Plankton. Favorite Quotes: "Plankton: 1% evil, 99% hot gas." "Seaweed: 50% Sea, 50% Weed" "This is my lab! And this is my laboratory!" "Booster seat? Hot dog!" and "You're killing me, SpongeBob! Ha ha ha...you really are." 10/10.

I like this episode. It's a great way to introduce Plankton, one of my favorite characters. This episode actually reminds me of a later episode, The Inside Job. And while I wouldn't this episode is better than that one, it's still a great episode.

Ranking so far:
1. Plankton! (A)
2. Help Wanted (A)
3. Bubblestand (B)
4. Jellyfishing (B)
5. Tea at the Treedome (C)
6. Ripped Pants (C)
7. Reef Blower (C)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I would've called it great, had Plankton not been really the only thing I liked about it. I mean everything else was fine, but Plankton was the star of the show for me, and I don't think it's enough to pull the rest all of the way up, still a very great introduction.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
It was Ok. I liked the beginning part, plankton, and the lab joke, but other than that, it's average
54/100 Ok

Last edited:

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I love this episode. Not only did it introduce my favorite Spongebob character, but it also has a great story. It keeps you on edge without forgetting to tell great jokes. There aren't that many jokes per se, but the ones they do tell really hit. The atmosphere of this episode is also really good. There's really nothing to complain about here, it's a really solid and funny episode.

Great episode (9/10)

1. Plankton! (9)

2. Help Wanted (9)
3. Ripped Pants (8)
4. Tea at the Treedome (7)
5. Bubblestand (7)
6. Reef Blower (6)
7. Jellyfishing (5)

Last edited:
Back