01b. Reef Blower

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff

Review and discuss the episode Reef Blower in this topic

Squiddykins

take back the falls
This is an interesting episode and plot..I find it funny because Spongebob and Squidward didn't have any speaking parts, well, Spongebob did but there were subtitles. "YOU!" It's still okay, though. I give it a 7.5/10.

JCM

#cancelspongebob
This is the episode that got me hooked on the show, so it wins the nostalgia bonus.

spongey37

Moby Dollar
10/2

I think this episode was my least.

Average storyline...

It was... decent.

Ok.

It wasn't the best, but for a 2 minute episode, it was funny. Not much can be said really about this episode. I will give it a 7.5/10.

SpongeShine

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is the first short episode in the series. SpongeBob trying to get a shell off his lawn is quite funny to watch. And his Reef Blower seemed to have caused more problems than it solves. Kind of funny, but would be better if it was longer. I'll give this a 8.5 out of 10.

LeElephantMonster

Moby Dollar
This episode can get pretty dull but its definitly a classic. I know some people hate this episode but if you think of some other shorts like rise and shine its way better. But I give it a 6.8/10. :rofl2:

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Personally, I love this episode. A silent episode is a great idea, and I'd love if there were more short episodes that played with two 11 minute episodes. This episode also has a great gag at the end with the water being sucked up. Overall,:

Premise: 8/10
Execution: 9.5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
There isn't much to say about this episode, but it's pretty funny for a 2 min. episode, especially when SpongeBob's reef blower sucked up all the water! :laugh:

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
An underrated episode. There's only a couple parts that were funny like SpongeBob saying you when he saw the reef blower, and it sucks everything. Score will be 7.5/10

Sponge-O-Matic

Imitation Krab
I don't know what to say about this episode. It was a bit boring, but SpongeBob causing mayhem with his reef blower was kinda funny. But, other than that, there's not much to say about this episode other than that it is very short. Overall, it's a decent episode.

Final Grade: 7.5/10

Although SpongeBob episodes seem to be better with more of a dialogue, I loved SpongeBob's "YOU!" But the great thing about it being short and silent was because it felt like an old 60's film. 8/10 :)

It was short, it was simple. It was a little funny, nothing too special. Nothing too great, but nothing much to hate. It being silent didn't bother me too much (Wall-E is one of my favorite films), but, like I said, it was not great.

7.5|10 Overall

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
I can't say I love this episode. It was 2 minutes, and silent; great idea. It just seemed boring. It was a little comical, though. 6/10 a classic

hfjs

This is honestly the worst season 1 episode. It was really boring and plain. If would have been much better if the sound equipment wasn't broken.

Although I like the concept of short and the concept of no words, it could have been way way better. 4/10.

thenoobtester

Imitation Krab
Plot: Squidward's yard is almost perfect, other then a tiny shell. He kicks it over to Spongebob, and then the rest of the episode show Squidward getting kicked in the face by karma. A really simple plot, complimented by the short episode. There is no voice acting though, so that kind of degrades from it, but not that much. There isn't much you can do with a silent short episode, but they do pretty good. 3.1/4.

Jokes: The jokes, again, in a silent episode, were all visual. Yet, all the visual gags were fun, and got a few chuckles out of me. Again, the segment was limited by silence, but it was still pretty funny. 2.3/3.

Characters: Squidward was a grump, and got what was coming. Spongebob was ignorant to it a bit to much for my liking though, maybe if he was a bit more, I don't know, noticing what he was doing to Squiddy. Whatever though, it wasn't even close to Squidward Torture. 2.5/3.

Overall: The episode was short, sweet, and got to the point. In the end, it was limited by its silence, but it was still enjoyable to watch. Overall, the score is 7.9/10, so still a great episode in my opinion.

http://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/28659-01a-help-wanted/page-2#entry577439 Link to my original post about my reviewing quest thing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0And_QfyyBa3XdEhheDB5MXRFMWNMd2xyTExvT0MzWVE#gid=0 Link to my Google Doc sorting the episode in order of best to worst. It is updated to the newest episode I have reviewed.

Back