• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
The animation in the Chris Savino era of Dexter's Lab looks creepy to me, the cel seasons look a lot better and more suitable for the show. It's uncanny how new looking the animation was for it's time, at least seasons 2-3 of Spongebob look like they're from the early-2000s

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I can't imagine how strange the Savino episodes of Dexter looked on a CRT TV, since that's what people watched them on when they first came out. I did have a CRT TV in my kitchen, but everytime I watched it on that tv, a cel episode was on.

RangoAnimations

Imitation Krab
I wonder how season 1's specail effects were made without using computers, like glowing lights, or objects that gradually fade
Sorry for a late reply but it says here in Karen's Wiki page, "In the first season of the show, when cel animation was used, the animators used a green light behind Karen to create a glowing effect on her screen. " so that kind of answers your question

TommyTonka OFFICIAL

I like underrated kids shows, don't judge me
What do you guys think of this weird bold-lined art style used in certain season 2/3 episodes:

I love how everything is weirdly geometric looking in these markebob episodes. These episodes must've been hell to draw. I've noticed that episodes in this art style have almost no mistakes, and never go off-model. Everything looks so straight-laced, it makes it very fun to look at. I wouldn't be able to draw markerbob to save my life. I nickname these episodes "markerbob", because the outlines in these episodes look like they were done with sharpies and crayola markers. It's ashamed the crew can't do this art style anymore.

Uh what is this thread? Artstyles in different episodes?

Back