The problem with leaks from other countries

EM.

Moby Dollar
So as you all know, whenever a new episode airs of shows like Spongebob(no not just Spongebob) in like the UK or something before the US, someone tends to upload the full episode to Youtube and many people just watch it there. I just wanna know is there a way to take legal action against people who leak those episodes? I've noticed many people doing that especially lately and it's a major reason why networks aren't getting many ratings and why shows like Jimmy Neutron were cancelled. Has anyone got any idea of if legal action can be taken against this so we can put a stop to it?

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
People are going to be people. People who take piracy to an extreme tend not to last long.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
There's always that one person who likes to ruin it for everyone else. Don't give in! :)

EM.

Moby Dollar
There's always that one person who likes to ruin it for everyone else. Don't give in! :)
But this is a problem with networks making money, they won’t get any ratings when a new episode airs because people already watched it.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
But this is a problem with networks making money, they won’t get any ratings when a new episode airs because people already watched it.
I'm willing to bet that there are the majority of watchers that haven't seen it before. I also think there are some that don't care if they've seen it so they want to see it again.

Back