SpongeBob Music Thread

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Gotta say, I like Jeffrey Lingle. He uses a lot of good music, especially tracks Nick Carr barely uses anymore.
I beg to differ. The way the tracks are edited makes my head hurt.
I mean, they are followed by each other so rapidly. And especially both replacement editors picked the wrong tracks for the scenes.
I really doubt that Happy Sponge Chase Vibes is fit for a scene of Plankrab walking out smugly in The Krusty Bucket.
Or Tristesse for Plankton walking away from the well in Old Chum.
Or Stack of Leis for SpongeBob SPITTING OUT THE MAILBOX in Stormy Weather.

It just sounds like a bad pandering, like "You wanted this to be played? Here, now go away."

EntertainmentFanatic

Part Computer or Something
I absolutely love the background music. Hawaiian music really is just great. All of the tracks they use are so beautiful. I tear up at some. That may be due partially to nostalgia but still. Some of my favorites are Tom Foolery, Aloha, Honolulu March, Hawaiian Flower, Stack of Lies, Marching in Honolulu, etc. I am so glad they went with all these works of art.

EM.

Moby Dollar
I absolutely love the background music. Hawaiian music really is just great. All of the tracks they use are so beautiful. I tear up at some. That may be due partially to nostalgia but still. Some of my favorites are Tom Foolery, Aloha, Honolulu March, Hawaiian Flower, Stack of Lies, Marching in Honolulu, etc. I am so glad they went with all these works of art.
Chief Taravana is also a really good track, in fact it's actually my 1st personal favorite, and it feels so nostalgic hearing the higher pitched version in season 1. I just wish Chief Taravana would come back, and if not that then they should use the Sweet Manea track, I think that is on the APM currently and it sounds very similar to Chief Taravana, but IDK we'll see I guess, but yeah it will always be my #1 favorite.

EntertainmentFanatic

Part Computer or Something
Chief Taravana is also a really good track, in fact it's actually my 1st personal favorite, and it feels so nostalgic hearing the higher pitched version in season 1. I just wish Chief Taravana would come back, and if not that then they should use the Sweet Manea track, I think that is on the APM currently and it sounds very similar to Chief Taravana, but IDK we'll see I guess, but yeah it will always be my #1 favorite.
Yeah that's a fantastic one. I don't know if I could pick one favorite but I do really love Moloka'i Nui. It's nice and upbeat and just super nostalgic for me.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
You know, if I were Carr, I would stop using NFL tracks altogether...you know, after that Sweet Victory fiasco this year...

coft

happy hopping moron
You know, if I were Carr, I would stop using NFL tracks altogether...you know, after that Sweet Victory fiasco this year...

Just because of some drama, doesn’t mean Carr should stop using that type of music. I mean it’s kind of been a staple of SpongeBob in not just Band Geeks but also the movie with now that we’re men.

EM.

Moby Dollar
This has probably been asked before but has anyone else noticed that the pitch has been a little off in some tracks in various season 7-8 episodes?

coft

happy hopping moron
Yes! Thank you! I hate the way tracks like gator and seaweed are low-pitched! I thought I was the only one who hated that.

EM.

Moby Dollar
Yes! Thank you! I hate the way tracks like gator and seaweed are low-pitched! I thought I was the only one who hated that.
Not just those either, if you heard some tracks like The Girl I Left Behind Me and Maui Beach those also are a couple semitones off at least. and yes I know I take soooo long to respond.

coft

happy hopping moron
Not just those either, if you heard some tracks like The Girl I Left Behind Me and Maui Beach those also are a couple semitones off at least. and yes I know I take soooo long to respond.
Season 7 & 8 felt so lifeless so even if the tracks weren’t lower pitched it still felt like it

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
The tracks were lower in pitch to fit the tempo of the scenes they are picked for.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
I beg to differ. The way the tracks are edited makes my head hurt.
I mean, they are followed by each other so rapidly. And especially both replacement editors picked the wrong tracks for the scenes.
I really doubt that Happy Sponge Chase Vibes is fit for a scene of Plankrab walking out smugly in The Krusty Bucket.
Or Tristesse for Plankton walking away from the well in Old Chum.
Or Stack of Leis for SpongeBob SPITTING OUT THE MAILBOX in Stormy Weather.

It just sounds like a bad pandering, like "You wanted this to be played? Here, now go away."

I'm not saying he was perfect. Neither him or Marc Perlman. And I wouldn't say it's really pandering. If they wanted to pander, they would've only played music from the first 3 seasons.

Happy Sponge Chase Vibes was fitting at the end, in my ears. I agree with you regarding the first scene.
I haven't seen Plankton's Old Chum, so I can't comment on that.
Stack of Leis barely played in Stormy Weather. So disappointing. On the Beach would've worked, if they played the famous slow part.

I don't think either Jeffrey or Marc are better editors than Nicolas, but they usually have better music choices than he has right now. Sorry not sorry.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
I've been thinking. What's your favorite original Krusty Krab themes?
I do have a couple of favorites, but I don't think any of them play that often.

My favorites are Salty Krab Jig, Jolly Little Roger, Peg Leg Waltz, Sailor's Sting 1, Sailor's Sting 6, Happy Sack Shanty, Nautical Hijinx and Sailor's Sting 28.

EM.

Moby Dollar
I've been thinking. What's your favorite original Krusty Krab themes?
I do have a couple of favorites, but I don't think any of them play that often.

My favorites are Salty Krab Jig, Jolly Little Roger, Peg Leg Waltz, Sailor's Sting 1, Sailor's Sting 6, Happy Sack Shanty, Nautical Hijinx and Sailor's Sting 28.
Oh mine would be Krusty Krab Tango, Nautical Hijinx, Sailor Sting 15 2nd part, Sailor Sting 32, The Drunken Sailor (d), Happy Sailor Jig, and Happy Sack Shanty.

EM.

Moby Dollar
Aloha returned in The Hankering, it's been so long since that was heard.

coft

happy hopping moron
(blows dust off)

can I just say how much I love Speaking Guitar?

it's the song that plays when Patrick comes over to Sponge's house party in Party Pooper Pants

such an underused track

Back