Is Season 12 so far the worst Post Sequel Season?

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I personally think it is. I laugh way less than season 12 than I did with season 11, which is saying something because I don't find that season to be that hilarious at least in the 2018 episodes. The plots so far are also not too impressive or anything and I think this show is focusing too much on the facial expressions and animation in this season. I'm all for amazing animation but I also like having better plots and humor that isn't just random slapstick thrown into the episode.

So far this is my least favorite SB season, beating seasons 1 and 7, hopefully it improves in the future.

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
That being said this season is still okay, it's kind of hard for me to truly dislike a SpongeBob season because it's one of those shows I always find good qualities about, and there a few really good episodes in this season, but it's not really something worth watching and season 10 and even season 11 are basically this season but much better.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Yes

I will admit I'm more pessimistic about SpongeBob SquarePants than I should be but that's only because I care about the show's legacy and Nick's future

Season 12 is okay but it's kinda bland

(they're even bringing back old locations like Goofy Goober's)

The dialogue humor that made this show famous has been sacrificed in favor of wacky expressions ala Ren & Stimpy

Also, I've noticed SpongeBob acting WAY too childish for his own good

If Season 13 is NOT Kamp Koral, hopefully they'll improve things!

So far, yes. A lot of the episodes have no ongoing plot, and there are a ton of cringey running gags that feel painfully similar to those of modern Butch Hartman stuff. I liked the wacky animation in seasons 10 and (sometimes) 11, but now it feels like the animation usually *is* the joke and it's not funny on its own.

EditorWiki

Floating Shopping List
No, because I dont judge seasons before they are done airing, The only episodes I didnt like were The Nitwitting, The Ballad of Filthy Muck, Stormy Weather, while Insecurity Guards was meh, the rest of the episodes were Okay/Great/Amazing, Also I kinda disagree on the "more episodes are getting wacky" part, Mind The Gap did it right and did not over do it , Sandy's Nutty Nieces, Karen's Baby, Breakin and others were not wacky imo, and I can tell you is some of the upcoming episodes in the US will not have wacky animation :) (I uhh watched these episodes in non morally right ways)

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
Season 12 is okay. glad they had Spongebob's Birthday Blowout special love that live action version of Krusty Krab with the real Sponge, Krabs, Squid, Sandy and of course, Plankton!

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
Thus far, I'd say that Season 12 is doing better.
Episodes like Big Birthday Blowout and SpongeBob in Randomland are pretty funny, but others felt like one continuous joke that wore out their welcome.
I'd say that either this season or the 10th is the worst Post-Post Movie season, but that's mostly because of how short 10 is.

Edit: Now that the complete season is out, I concede that, yeah Season 12 is my least favorite post-post movie season so far, a lot of the season has been pretty stale with some overused jokes. There are still some creative and funny episodes out there, but I just don't think it compares to most of the other seasons.

Last edited:

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Episodes I legitimately find funny this season:

FarmerBob
Pineapple RV (first half)
Plankton's Old Chum (first half)
The Krusty Bucket (ending)
Squid's on a Bus
Insecurity Guards
Senior Discount

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
I Don't think So;

I Loved the episodes such as:
Spongebob's Big Birthday Blowout(Mostly the Trusty Slab Segment)
The Krusty Slammer(VERY Cathartic Ending where Mr Krabs gets his Retribution for Karma due to Illegally hoarding prison money, Keeping Plankton locked up even after he's supposed to be released; Seeing Plankton win by getting to Force Feed Mr Krabs with Chum is very satisfying. . .)
The Krusty Bucket(A Very Creative episode; Especially with Mr. Krabs & Plankton WILLINGLY working together against a Common Foe that takes over BOTH their restaurents, First time they've willingly worked together since Best Frenemies)
Spongebob in RandomLand(Especially with that Red Mist Squidward Cameo)
Mind the Gap(I LOVE that Lower-Pitched Voice of Spongebob's; He's a very good Jazzy Scat Singer)
The Ballad of Filthy Muck(I didn't see that Twist Ending Coming; especially since We, Knowing how much Patrick loves being dirty as established in The Battle of Bikini Bottom; wouldn't see him as someone who would willingly take a bath, even for a Krabby Patty, since we were led to believe that he became Filthy Muck)
Farmerbob(was Fun to watch)

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Haven't watched any of the episodes, been really busy with school. But, from season 11, I can tell spongebob is just in a downward spiral, not coming back up to it's former glory, ever.

Foty829

Imitation Krab
Episodes I legitimately find funny this season:

FarmerBob
Pineapple RV (first half)
Plankton's Old Chum (first half)
The Krusty Bucket (ending)
Squid's on a Bus
Insecurity Guards
Senior Discount
Bruh Pineapple RV hasn't even aired here how did you see it?

Back