57b. The Camping Episode

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast

I don't have to explain my opinion for this one do I? This is a true gold classic. Everyone loves The Camping Episode.

So many good quotes, I'll just let you read the transcript and I'll post the lyrics to everyone's favourite campfire song song...

SpongeBob: I call this one "The Campfire Song Song."

Let's gather 'round the campfire
And sing our campfire song
Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song
And if you don't think that we can sing it faster, then you're wrong
But it'll help if you just sing along
Bum bum bum

C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song
And if you don't think that we can sing it faster, then you're wrong
But it'll help if you just sing along

Patrick!
SONG! C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E...
Squidward! (silence) Good!

It'll help...it'll help...
If you just sing along!
Oh yeah!!

SpongeBob: Ahh, now, wasn't that relaxing?
Squidward: No.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
For preservation purposes, here are two reviews from Spongey34 and ssj4gogita4 from the original SpongeBuddy Proboard forums:

Spongey34 said:
An episode about SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward going camping was bound to be funny, and it was, from beginning to end. It was a simple, yet humorous episode, with everything fitting into place. There were also some good quotes stuck in there, making it better.

For those of you who think it was unlike Squidward to go camping with SpongeBob and patrick, I disagree. He was trying to prove that he was better than them at camping, and that's a very Squidward like thing to do. Squidward ended up getting the worst of it, which only made it more funny. Let's not forget "The Campfire Song Song", which is now one of the best SpongeBob songs. It made the episode go from good to great. And the whole sea bear incident didn't get old. It just got funnier each time Squidward got mauled. And the ending topped everything off, with the anti-sea-rhinocerous undergarments. Right Squidward?

All in all, this was a great episode, and one of my favorites. Definitely a Season 3 highlight.

ssj4gogita4 said:
I thought Camping Episode was better but they both could've been better. Krabby Land was like Born Again Krabs in a way. No hate over here though. It is Spongebob :) Gotta love the Spongebob.

See the original thread here.

This episode was pretty funny. I don't like how much influence the later seasons took from this episode, though, as they ended up making the Squidward abuse a lot more sadist. If that makes any sense. This episode, however, they were still able to make it funny and enjoyable. Probably one of the weaker Season 3 episodes, but a weak season 3 episode is still a really good episode. The song was pretty memorable, even though I stopped watching Nickelodeon when this episode came out.

8.5|10 Overall

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
I always laugh when this episode is on, but it's overrated, so it's basically ALWAYS on. I have to give it to the writers, though, because this episode almost wins for best humor on SpongeBob. 9.5/10

I'm saying it straight up: overrated overrated overrated There were jokes but the Squid abuse I did not find funny at all. I'm sorry but I don't like to see my favorite character get mauled by a bear for practically no reason.

hfjs

A pretty funny episode. A great plot, and hilarious jokes that kept me laughing for quite a while.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Good episode, but overrated. I never liked the ending of this episode, it's pretty mean-spirited. I guess Squidward did sort of deserve that first sea bear attack, but the other ones were overkill and just seemed unnecessarily sadistic to me. Not to mention the sea rhinoceros at the end.

Everything before the sea bear attacks is great, though.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I love this episode. Man, Season 3 had a lot of funny episodes.

This episode has Squidward abuse.... BUT ITS FUNNY. I laughed when he got attacked by the sea bear. One of the best Season 3 episodes.

9/10

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
I love the campfire setting a lot and had tons of memorable moments
Even with the squid abuse it doesn't make me angry as other abuse he gets even from s1-3
Cough club spongebob cough
9/10

I can understand some people think this episode is overrated. I do think It's overrated too. It could have been one of my favorite SpongeBob episdoes, If there wasn't too much Squid abuse in this episode but this episode is still very funny. It's just not one of my favorite episodes or one of the best season 3. I thought the song was great and funny. I laughed so much when the sea bear kept attacking Squidward. The marshmallow part was very hilarious. The ending was funny too. I gave this episode a 10/10. I also gave Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom a 10/10 too, even though there was Squid abuse in this episode.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Good episode. The song was awesome, but the Squid Abuse was a little annoying. I also like the marshmallow part. Yet, it's still one of my favorite episodes. 10/10.

OWM

XD
This episode is great! I loved all the jokes, the sea bear (and what not to do to attract one) and the Campfire Song Song. My only complaint is the large amount of Squid Abuse. Knock it off! Anyway, one of my favorite episodes out of the whole series.
Final score: 9/10

Rihanna

Giant Clam
This is probably the only episode where I don't mind the Squid Abuse. Also This is my favorite Season 3 episode. I give it a 10/10

2000sKid

Giant Clam
I always make sure im not attracting a seabear, especially at the beach

Back