160b. Walking the Plankton

raisin

Moby Dollar

So the new episodes from Spongebob's Road Trip start tonite with "Walking the Plankton". It premiers at 5pm and then again at 8pm.

I couldn't find a seperate thread for these episodes so I guess this is the place to discuss the episode tonite or tomorrow.

Meh most Plankton episodes have been kinda so-so lately so we'll see how this goes. :yawn:

raisin

Moby Dollar
Meh it was ok but nothing great. I don't really understand why Karen was so loopy in this episode >_> either. Not alot of laughs but it wasn't awful bad.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Everyone hates Plankton... yet they're all just chillin' out at SpongeBob's house? O__o
Cool to see more Karen in this one... although she was kind of weird in this episode
The part with the sweaty guy in the steam room was pretty funny haha

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I honestly don't like this episode. It was predictable and flat-out weird. Karen was out of character, and all lovely-dovey! I was also disappointed that it was just another "Plankton tries to steal the formula" episode. 4.8/10 Worst episode of the vacation mini-series.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Walking the Plankton: Ehh, what can I say. I thought that this was the least enjoyable episode of the runaway road trips. Honestly, I would've preferred them to make Squidward get a vacation instead of this, but it is what it is. It wasn't bad but it just wasn't up there with the rest. I can say that there were some funny moments but still doesn't reach the other episodes.

This episode is underrated. I thought this episode was great but I think this is the weakest Runaway Roadtrip episode. Karen was out of character in this episode, a few parts were boring and the ending wasn't good but It's still a great episode. Some parts made me laugh like Plankton turning on the projector but then he getting launched back by the slide and getting burnt by the light of the projector, Karen shooting the laser, Plankton falling with the cheese on his head and then Karen taking a photo of him, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob running over Plankton (It never gets old), Plankton falling into the water and the ending. 8.5/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
This one is also okay. I think I've seen all the vacation eps now (save for Squarepants Family Vacation) and I think the one that stood out the most was "Mooncation" so I'd probably give this one a 6.5/10.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Walking the Plankton

This episode was pretty decent. The plot was kinda meh, and it was better done in a Courage The Cowardly Dog episode. Karen was kinda annoying, and the ending was annoying too. There were few funny jokes. 6.5/10

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
It's a fine episode, has some good stuff in it as usual. It was a bit slow, but it has a great plot and funny moments. Didn't have any problem with Karen, though. 8/10

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
So this is my favourite episode of the Runaway Roadtrip mini-series so far. It's not spectacular or anything but I like it a lot more than the other 2 episodes of this shtick, let me tell you why. I think this one has a much engaging story and it's funny to see Plankton trying to steal the formula without upsetting Karen kinda like Single Cell Anniversary and while this episodes plot was executed as good as that one I still think the plot works for SpongeBob. Another thing I like about the episode is that unlike the other 2 this episode is quite funny it comes with gags like Plankton making a cheese model of himself and the vacation meter on Karen. So yeah while this isn't the best Plankton episode out there it's still one I would recommend because it's one that will certainly keep you entertained.

7/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
It's the second-best of the vacation episodes but nothing exciting. The idea of mixing a road trip and Plankton episode at least made it more engaging than the plot-free styles that A SquarePants Family Vacation and Patrick's Staycation offered. This episode was funny but not all of the jokes hit, that said it might have the most laughs of the vacation episodes.

7/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I really like the concept of Plankton and Karen going on a cruise trip and trying to get the formula, but what happens in the episode is a little underwhelming. There's nothing too memorable in this and in terms of the vacation episodes, I'd place it in the middle, but it's inoffensive and overall just okay.

6.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This is one of those "nothing special" episodes in my books. I'm not saying that it's bad or anything, but there's not much that I can say about this one since it doesn't have anything that memorable. I mean, I like the idea of the cruise ship in the episode, but everything just felt anticlimatic. It has some funny jokes like the cheese statue and Plankton getting burnt by the light of the projector, but there was some mild gross-out with Plankton being cut in half. (ew) I never really cared for Karen as a whole, and this episode kinda proves that she just isn't one of my favorite characters. I don't know what else to say. I give it a 6.5/10.

It's a fine episode. There are some good gags, nobody seemed out of character (except for maybe Karen), and the plot is decent enough. Nothing too special, but still worth a watch.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Walking the Plankton (B)
5. A Friendly Game (B)
6. Sentimental Sponge (C)
7. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
8. Accidents Will Happen (C)
9. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
10. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
11. The Googly Artiste (D)
12. The Other Patty (D)
13. Patrick's Staycation (D)
14. Oral Report (E)

Back