Kinda big news

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
What is going to happen on Friday? Lost in Bikini Bottom is airing tomorrow, right?

hfjs

That's great!

------

Off topic, but speaking of Sherm's twitter can you guys please stop asking him to come back to SBM because he has a busy job and a life and has better things to do then spend all of his time talking about strangely petty stuff on SBM

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
lol

The tweet verbatim said "believe it or not, the models are exactly the same as they were in Season 3, but every artist handles them a little differently"

Meaning that the model hasn't changed, it never has. SpongeBob's "new look" from Season 4 onwards is just a result of new artists. The model sheet never changed after Season 3 in the first place. Wouldn't make sense for them to go back to an old model again anyway tbh

TheGreatWizard

Anti-Oobi
lol
The tweet verbatim said "believe it or not, the models are exactly the same as they were in Season 3, but every artist handles them a little differently"
Meaning that the model hasn't changed, it never has. SpongeBob's "new look" from Season 4 onwards is just a result of new artists. The model sheet never changed after Season 3 in the first place. Wouldn't make sense for them to go back to an old model again anyway tbh
it wouldn't tbh

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
Hooray! Cause if I'm honest, the models from later seasons weren't all that nice looking to me and were borderline ugly. I'm shocked to hear this and am glad that this is happening.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Jibbix is right. Sherm didn't say anything about a conscious move to change back SpongeBob's look. In fact he asked for clarification about what people thought the difference was, so it doesn't seem like it's something he's even particularly aware of.

So basically it's possible SpongeBob will look better, but it would be as a result of how the artists handle his model and not because of the model itself.

The Drifter

Some person.
Milkmaidman said:
That's great!

------

Off topic, but speaking of Sherm's twitter can you guys please stop asking him to come back to SBM because he has a busy job and a life and has better things to do then spend all of his time talking about strangely petty stuff on SBM
Implying he actually went to SBM in the first place, of course.

I was actually thinking about this exact thing recently. It's the same reason we got frames from the second movie that looked like season 3 and other frames that looked like season 8.

Here's something interesting from Sherm Cohen. In addition to this post we got here:

Sherm Cohen said:
Bob Camp drew the storyboard for "Lost in Bikini Bottom" -- and he create some really fun expressions and poses. You guys are gonna dig it!
on the SB wiki he said this:

Bob Camp did most of the work on this one. Although many artists add/revise/plus the board, it's a Bob Camp board. It was an honor to have draw the first new episode!
(http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_in_Bikini_Bottom?page=2#comm-183692)

If these are mostly Bob's storyboards then that gets me even more excited for his work on the show, even though just his name is exciting to hear. But we also have Sherm storyboarding again, and he drew the boards ten years ago that everyone wants to see again.

mY6O40l.png

To me, this looks like Sherm's, and it might be, but whoever drew it, I can see this season being really satisfying to all the post-movie haters out there.

Back