189. SpongeBob, You're Fired!

AwesomeSponge

Imitation Krab
I HATE THIS EPISODE! THIS IS A TOTAL :fail: So. Where to we begin. The reason for Krabs firing Spongebob is a :Dolphin noise: NICKEL! So then Spongebob cries for a FULL MINUTE. Also, this happens after 2 MINUTES OF FILLER! Then Patrick comes by and teaches him the 'wonders of unemployment. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: WOW. JUST :Dolphin Noise: WOW. Also, they've ripped off a TON OF EPISODES. SO. Also, 'The Wonders of Unemployment'. WHAT A GREAT MESSAGE FOR KIDS. Also, SPONGEBOB'S BEEN FIRED 2 TIMES BEFORE. In 'Karate Choppers' and Squid on Strike. SO. THEY go to Sandy's house for 'free lunch with friends!' So. It turns out it's a test by Sandy, to see how much gunk people will eat, if it's free. And she's been feeding Patrick and some other fish RADIOACTIVE WASTE.

:ssj: : Hello?

Me: Who are you?

:ssj: : I'm gonna help you get through this. What episode are we talking about

Me: Spongebob, You're Fired.

:ssj: : NOPE. SCREW THIS. (Leaves)

So, I hate Sandy now. So Spongebob goes to 4 different jobs, and they completely defy any rules that Move it or Lose it has set, and get's fired from them all. So, then there's a subplot that goes nowhere, where Spongebob makes perfect snail food. But then one of the restaurants kidnap's him, and then EVERY RESTAURANT KIDNAPS HIM. EVEN THOUGH SPONGEBOB :Dolphin noise:ED THEM UP AND THREW IT ALL OUT. So Squidward comes in and saves Spongebob. So he takes Spongebob back to the krusty krab and tells him to come back. So! Does Spongebob say no and goes on to make snail food? DOES HE? NO HE DOESN'T! GOD! THIS EPISODE IS THE MOST MADDENING, and to many, the worst episode ever. NOT TO ME. (Starts crying) NOT TO ME! 0.5/10

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
Spongebob loses his job, looks for a new one, comes back to the Krusty Krab, end of 22 minute episode. Why did we have to sit through that? That was probably the most pointless Spongebob special ever. This is bottom 10 material for sure. F-

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
I thought it was pretty good. There were some funny moments especially with the climax and for a 22 minute long episode, the way it was presented really did make it feel like it was only 11 minutes. While there are a few flaws with it (etc. SpongeBob's crying, the racism in the food restaurants) I found an overall strong and fun ride. Also, for those who are complaning about how it's saying about the wonders of unemployment. Guys, this is a cartoon. Don't take your political views from a cartoon. You might as well complain about South Park while you're at it.

8/10

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Maaaannnnn... Why people hate this episode so much?

I loved it. I REALLY LOVE THIS EPISODE.
It's fun, it has good jokes, Sandy help SpongeBob, Patrick was nice to him, even when the mini patrick face wasn't.
SpongeBob sucks at others restaurants because he's used to Krusty Krab and depressed about it.
But he's a good fry cook, and in the end everyone sees it, Squidward was nice to him in the end aswell...

How to not love a episode like this? :V
They were all in character, like in the first, second and third season!

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: Spongebob, You're Fired!

This episode was very bad. The plot was really awful. Mr Krabs was really greedy and a jerk. Firing Spongebob for a stupid nickle? Serious, Mr Krabs? Spongebob's crying was long, but it wasn't that annoying. Gary was very sweet to Spongebob. Patrick was very decent, but his stupidity was sometimes annoying. Sandy was kinda out of character with her "experimental food." The ending was pretty good with Spongebob hired back and Squidward caring for Spongebob. Oh, and the "I'm Ready" catchphrase was awesome :D There were few funny jokes. 4.5/10

god

Unconditional love with conditions
One world; boring. I seriously couldn't think of a second word that would come close to that. This is one heaven of a boring episode. My face literally went from "._." to "._." throughout the episode. The sentimental value feels cheap and not memorable.

4/10. If anything, the animation was decent.

FireyFistOPain

Part Computer or Something
I'm new here and I figured it's easier to explain why something is bad than good and I'm in a ranting mood so here goes.

I hated this episode with a burning passion.

1. The entire premise is something we have seen before (Squid on Strike, Karate Choppers, etc) but dragged out to seem like a bigger deal.

2. Status Quo is God so there is 0 tension unlike in episodes like Band Geeks, Graveyard Shift, Rock Bottom, Pizza Delivery, Christmas Who, Roller Cowards, etc (my personal top 6 episodes) in which you really don't know how the ending will play out.

3. BORING. So much of the plot is just boring and repetitive I mean the same thing happens four times.

4. Annoying crying. So much annoying crying.

5. Sandy is horrible.

6. Krabs is a bigger jerk than we've seen minus ONE particular episode (get the hint?).

7. So much filler. This episode could've been 11 minutes— heck it could've been 7.

8. Overhyped and sold as an original concept. Insulting to fans when they make such a big deal as if we don't know he'll be hired back soon.

The only good things I can say about this

1. Patrick is sort of funny. Sort of.

2. Squidward essentially uses the karate he learned in Squid Defense. Continuity for the win.

3. "I'm Ready." They remembered the catchphrase for once.

I have this episode ranked as the fifth worst ever. The only things worse are Yours, Mine and Mine, Demoliton Doofus, A Pal For Gary, and One Coarse Meal.

Hope this was a good first post lol looking forward to posting here more often,

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
FireyFistOPain said:
7. So much filler. This episode could've been 11 minutes— heck it could've been 7.
It honestly could have been 2 or 3 minutes.

Also since you're new here, welcome! I sort of am too. I haven't been active on here since a month or two ago.

FireyFistOPain

Part Computer or Something
It honestly could have been 2 or 3 minutes.

Also since you're new here, welcome! I sort of am too. I haven't been active on here since a month or two ago.

"I'm Ready"

"SpongeBob, I'm sorry but you're fired."

"Good one Mr Krabs"

"I'm afraid I'm serious. I've ran the numbers and it'll save me a nickel."

*SpongeBob runs away crying*

*SpongeBob sits at home moping, Patrick comes over, tries to show him how to have fun*

*Krabs realizes he needs SpongeBob*

*SpongeBob applies for another job and gets it just as Mr Krabs says he wants him back*

*SpongeBob accepts after Krabs apologizes*

That's a 5 minute plot and it would've been more entertaining and worthwhile

Heck even better: Mr Krabs realizes he actually MISSES SoongeBob and it's not about money. But of course it has to be money

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
I honestly find this to be the worst SB episode of all time. Yeah, even worse than "Atlantis Squarepantis". Why? It has literally nothing going for it, not one thing. I call this the "Johnny Test" of the show because everything in this is ripped off from other episodes whilst having no effort being put into making them interesting. At least with "Atlantis Squarepantis", there were at least some signs that effort might have gone in, even if it was done poorly. But here, nothing! Absolutely nothing!

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I nearly fell asleep watching this episode. Unfunny, useless, filled with filler and most of all boring and ripping off multiple other episodes.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
*NOTE* I'm now gonna review like this. Describing if the episode has good/bad writing, characterization, etc.

This is gonna be an interesting episode to talk about. I am gonna be honest with you, I used to like this episode when I saw it back in November 2013 (on youtube, since I missed the premiere). But upon seeing this again, I can understand why people hate this episode so much. I don't hate it with a burning passion, but it's really poor. The first criticsm of this episode is that there's too much fillers. I realized that there are a lot of them and it really hurts the episode. It feels too lazy even for a half hour special. But the writers didn't put effort to this. Most of the stuffs happen in this episode is such a pain.Mr. Krabs seems more greedy than usual and him firing SpongeBob over a nickel was wrong. At least some parts like the couple times SpongeBob convert the sausage and pizza into a Krabby Patty (cause it's my three favorite foods combined). But that joke dragged on with the tacos and the noodles and feels too much like Le Big Switch. Sandy doesn't seem to act like her self. Patrick is still the same old dumb character I know. The best part of the episode was the return of SpongeBob's I'm Ready catchphrase and Squidward saving SpongeBob. Other than those pros, this episode kinda sucked and it's a disappointment, really...

Writing: Written by Marc Ceccarelli, Luke Brookshier, and Mr. Lawrence; geez, an episode from this trio seems good, but usually, it's weaker than average. They're the same guys that made Planet of the Jellyfish and the stop-motion Christmas special (with Derek Iversen). But then again, some of the problems they suffer in this episode are almost the same as their Bubble Buddy Returns episode, but worse. As I explain, there are fillers. They kinda put me a bored mood since I feel like it was Family Guy boring. The whole plot is really stupid and most of it is so predictable. One of the worst writing from these guys but not the worst. Luke and Marc's worst writing will always be LYB and Mr. Lawrence's worst writing is Face Freeze. 2/10
Humor: It's miss more than it hit. But when it's there, it's usually with Patrick. 3/10
Characters: Where to begin? Krabs is so greedy that it's seem so unfair of him to fire SpongeBob. Squidward is uneven here. SpongeBob is sympathetic but kinda annoying with his mopey attitude here. Patrick has his usual dumb self. Sandy is out of character somewhat. Characters aren't well written here. 3/10
Art: Ugh, seeing SpongeBob with that beard is just hard to look at especially that close up with his boogers coming out. Sorry Luke and Marc, but you also fail in the art department as well. Probably Marc's worst looking episode as Little Yellow Book didn't has Face Freeze level faces.
Animation: Effortless. Seem too stiff when SpongeBob cry (even if he was showing strong emotions, which is suppose to be fluid, but fails due to the prolongation). Other than that terrible scene, the animation is kinda subpar. Best animated scene is probably Squidward saving SpongeBob. 4/10

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
And considering this came from the same writing team that brought us "Plankton's Pet" (one of the greatest post-movie episodes), and other good episodes like "Jailbreak" and "Don't Look Now", there is simply no excuse for this episode to have writing so awful.

I can't believe this episode. It rips off over 10 episodes of the show. It is completely filler and is extremely light on comedy.

Here are some rip-offs;
Title (Mrs. Puff, You're Fired)
SpongeBob making hot dogs rather than krabby patties (Krusty Dogs)
SpongeBob can't make anything but krabby patties (Le Big Switch)
Massive amount of crying (All That Glitters OR A Day Without Tears)
SpongeBob being fired (MANY episodes [example: Karate Choppers])

AND SO MANY MORE

Only Pro for me: SpongeBob finally saying "I'm Ready!" again. That was nice.

1/10

BobCarotte

meep
This episode was REALLY bad. Annoying crying, Mr. Krabs being :dolphin noise:ing cheap, Sandy being annoying, etc. I give this episode a 3/10 (+1 point because of "I'm ready").

Back